UConn Women visit the White House (again!) 9/15/15 12pm | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Women visit the White House (again!) 9/15/15 12pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking...man oh man, this thing could be so special... pure speculation of course, but I think Natalie could be someone who steps in and leaves a very big footprint in UConn WCBB. Hope so, because it would allow Stewie in her senior year to use her whole skill set to great effect, while affecting us fans in a really great way!
With Nat anchoring the paint on defense, Stewie could roam further out to create mayhem on the perimeter: release the beast!

Reaction Score
So why not? It's a great way to give prospective recruits a nice time and provide them a good reason to come to UConn. The Vol fans on the Summitt don't have to know about it unless they are snooping around here and . . . . . oh, oh.

Remember the good ole' days when all it took was ESPN and Wendy's?

Reaction Score
Has anyone told Dangerfield they have built a memorial in Washington,D.C. for Moriah?

Someone should propose the name change..... "Memorial" is only for those who have passed..... we can call it "Jefferson Museum" for the structure tribute to Moriah

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Agreed , but not back-to-back-to-back like the last 3 years is the point. The Lady Vols did it years ago. But lately The Huskies has owned it. What would be nice is if the Huskies can make it a HUSKY SLAM.....Four(4) in a row ! And visit UConn Casa Blanca--South every year of a Presidents term. No WCBB team has ever accomplished such a feat.

HGN, I like your reference of a "HUSKY SLAM". If Serena can have one, so can the Huskies. I think I'll use it throughout the year in some of my posts and comments. Four is a nice round number. Visiting a president every year of his term would be another UConn Husky feat/record that would never be broken.

The wait is almost over everyone. The first exhibition game is only 46 days away. To quote that very eloquent gentleman of recent gridiron fame during one of his post game rants, Mr. Bart Scott........."can't wait". :)

JS

Reaction Score
I thought about hanging out near the gate, but decided against it.
C'mon' Milford, tell the truth. You're among friends.

WhiteHouseFenceJumper_1411174198859_8223711_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geno pretty much guaranteed the Pres they would see him next year.

(Also, looks like Breanna has gotten a lot shorter and Natalie is now about 6'10".)
I know Natalie was wearing heels, and some of the other young women flats, but you are right - we know Stokes is 6'3" and Stewie is 6'4". Butler looks about 6" taller in that picture. Again, flats vs. heels... but I'm sure it will fuel the height debate for a bit as the season gets closer...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I know Natalie was wearing heels, and some of the other young women flats, but you are right - we know Stokes is 6'3" and Stewie is 6'4". Butler looks about 6" taller in that picture. Again, flats vs. heels... but I'm sure it will fuel the height debate for a bit as the season gets closer...
Kia also looks a lot taller in some of the line shots. Again, I guess it's heels to some extent, but it's nice to have a big guard for extra versatility when you have a less statuesque MoJeff as your PG.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kia also looks a lot taller in some of the line shots. Again, I guess it's heels to some extent, but it's nice to have a big guard for extra versatility when you have a less statuesque MoJeff as your PG.
True, but I'd take MoJeff over any other guard in the country (pausing for a moment to think about Kia), yeah any other guard in the country.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It is Kia Nurse

CO8j-fsWgAA7SCt.jpg:large

And my "Best Dressed" award for this occasion goes to.........Morgan Tuck! #shocker

Morgan always gets maximum style points, even on a par with CD. And as a previous poster noted, what's with CD wearing white after Labor Day? Is nothing sacred anymore?? :p

(Those who are more in tune with currently observed fashion/tradition should chime in if the 'white-after-Labor Day' rule is archaic at this point.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And my "Best Dressed" award for this occasion goes to....Morgan Tuck! #shocker

Morgan always gets maximum style points, even on a par with CD. And as a previous poster noted, what's with CD wearing white after Labor Day? Is nothing sacred anymore?? :p

(Those who are more in tune with currently observed fashion/tradition should chime in if the 'white-after-Labor Day' rule is archaic at this point.)
Definitely archaic - those under fifty probably have no idea what we are talking about!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Just don't introduce her to Serial Mom! LOL

Reaction Score
True, but I'd take MoJeff over any other guard in the country (pausing for a moment to think about Kia), yeah any other guard in the country.
You had to think about Mo over Kia? I don't think it's even close to be honest. You're basically saying that Kia is the 2nd best guard in the country (assuming Mo is #1), and I don't think that's true. I'd put Kia in the top 10-15. If she has a super sophomore season, then she can move up in the rankings, but other teams have good players too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Morgan had a lot of practice dressing up, unfortunately, as she sat out much of the 2013-14 season. I joked back then that I wanted to see her in more casual attire--like a damn uniform! She looked pretty and impeccable every game and seemingly never wore the same dress twice. I think CD recruited her for her fashion sense.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Morgan had a lot of practice dressing up, unfortunately, as she sat out much of the 2013-14 season. I joked back then that I wanted to see her in more casual attire--like a damn uniform! She looked pretty and impeccable every game and seemingly never wore the same dress twice. I think CD recruited her for her fashion sense.

If CD did so, good on her, but what we really got out of Morgan was a pair of terrific performances against Notre Dame and a WBCA AA-caliber player. Who also cleans up impeccably. :)

Still can't wait to see Morgan, Stewie, and Natalie, around the rim (both on offense and defense) this coming season...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If CD did so, good on her, but what we really got out of Morgan was a pair of terrific performances against Notre Dame and a WBCA AA-caliber player. Who also cleans up impeccably. :)

Still can't wait to see Morgan, Stewie, and Natalie, around the rim (both on offense and defense) this coming season...
The perfect complement to all those nice dresses would be some tasteful jewelry, say, FIVE rings.

Reaction Score
She looks so tiny in these pictures, especially the one in front of the Jefferson Memorial. But yes, adorable.
Wait til Dangerfield gets there - they will have to carry around a stool for her so she can be seen in the team pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom