UConn Women visit the White House (again!) 9/15/15 12pm | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Women visit the White House (again!) 9/15/15 12pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Morgan had a lot of practice dressing up, unfortunately, as she sat out much of the 2013-14 season. I joked back then that I wanted to see her in more casual attire--like a damn uniform! She looked pretty and impeccable every game and seemingly never wore the same dress twice. I think CD recruited her for her fashion sense.
just like Brittany Hunter... it was a pleasure watching her on the sidelines

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The perfect complement to all those nice dresses would be some tasteful jewelry, say, FIVE rings.

It's quite possible. That 2016-17 team looks really tough if we speculate on personnel now. Morgan has gotten to join -and contribute mightily to- the most golden of eras I can imagine for UConn WBB. Even her 2009 ACL injury wasn't enough to stop Morgan from being recruited as a Husky, becoming one, and impressing everyone beyond belief last season.

Notwithstanding the fluke loss to Stanford, that 2014-15 squad was just too freaking good. I mean, after that loss to the Cardinal, no one came within 10 points of the Huskies. Just yet another fabulous season with at least more to come. How amazing is this? Uconn is officially done chasing history and is now only making it. The only records left in WCBB are a) 22 consecutive NCAA tourney wins, b) 19 Final Fours, c) either 55 or 91 wins in a row (either of which ensure UConn owns the three longest winning streaks), or d) 1,099 total wins for Geno. And sure, an unprecedented fifth piece of jewelry for Morgan would be nice too.

Seriously, from Maya Moore's arrival in 2007, UConn has somehow built something even more dominant and amazing than anything in North American sports. Can't imagine Barack Obama has gotten tired of experiencing it over his terms of office...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
An awful lot of white, considering it's after Labor Day. Even CD. Is nothing sacred anymore?
What's a lady supposed to do? I am sure those dresses were bought in anticipation of a summer White House visit. 2014 visit was in June & 2013 was July.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
What's a lady supposed to do? I am sure those dresses were bought in anticipation of a summer White House visit. 2014 visit was in June & 2013 was July.
That I can't answer.

Reaction Score
The perfect complement to all those nice dresses would be some tasteful jewelry, say, FIVE rings.

From my favorite commercial::):D:p
Joe Montana.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You had to think about Mo over Kia? I don't think it's even close to be honest. You're basically saying that Kia is the 2nd best guard in the country (assuming Mo is #1), and I don't think that's true. I'd put Kia in the top 10-15. If she has a super sophomore season, then she can move up in the rankings, but other teams have good players too.
Watching Kia dominate a court filled with some of the top college players in the world this summer, including Stewart and Jefferson, made me see her in a whole different light. Yeah, she's certainly one one of the best guards in the country. I think a whole lot of people are going to share that opinion by the end of this season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Got to say championship rings have lost all perspective - NFL ones are just UGLY

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Watching Kia dominate a court filled with some of the top college players in the world this summer, including Stewart and Jefferson, made me see her in a whole different light. Yeah, she's certainly one one of the best guards in the country. I think a whole lot of people are going to share that opinion by the end of this season.
Um ... lot of those ladies she was playing against were years past college age - USA was the only team in the PanAms made up of college kids, and the FIBA americas was all national teams. (Makes the statement a little more impressive.)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I just wish you guys would get the name right.....It's not a White House visit.

The Official name is : Uconn Casa Blanca --South. And the UConn Women's basketball team visit their home- away -from- home annually in the Fall. They let The Prez use it during the year and the team visit for a little R&R in the Fall. It's an arrangement signed a few years ago, three (3) I think.
And Stage 2 of the arrangement calls for a permanent LinCONN room.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Speaking of special rooms, was Maya home when the team visited? I'm pretty sure she has her own room there. ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So I guess the question is, will Kia have to give up her #11 to Obama next September?

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/styles/640x360/public/media/uconn-Obama-2015.jpg?itok=RWh20EJx

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
So I guess the question is, will Kia have to give up her #11 to Obama next September?

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/styles/640x360/public/media/uconn-Obama-2015.jpg?itok=RWh20EJx
If he got #10 from Bird... getting #11 will be a piece of cake

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Really nice pics. Really different to see them out of uniform, all dressed up and carrying purses.
Well after being a stealin' thievin' cut-purse on the court, MoJeff better watch her bag there against anyone who wants to get back at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom