UConn women- Samuelson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn women- Samuelson

Reaction Score
There's a point where that doesn't apply regardless of gender. You don't steal second base up 10 runs. You don't throw a bomb in football when you're up 40 in the 4th. It's called winning with class.
In college sports? Have you seen scores in college football? You are quite the emo.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There's a point where that doesn't apply regardless of gender. You don't steal second base up 10 runs. You don't throw a bomb in football when you're up 40 in the 4th. It's called winning with class.
The starters played 5 minutes in the second half. You want the freshmen and the walkon-turned-scholly-player to not play when they have a chance to get on the court? At the end of the game, it was the end of the UConn bench vs the USF starters and they were still beating them.

If you think it's OK to give a half-harted effort in a game, I don't know what to say to you.

Reaction Score
The starters played 5 minutes in the second half. You want the freshmen and the walkon-turned-scholly-player to not play when they have a chance to get on the court? At the end of the game, it was the end of the UConn bench vs the USF starters and they were still beating them.

If you think it's OK to give a half-harted effort in a game, I don't know what to say to you.

I'd think that freshman would earn just as much credit, if not more, doing that every day in practice over doing it once against some team they're crushing by 60.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Most of the time it's a travel quite honestly, Nurse does it too. But it's allowed in the womens game, and sometimes in the mens game when guys bounce back to get behind the 3 line.

But she can shoot it can't she? What I like most about her is how good she is with the left now, her offensive game is way ahead of many of the prior stars.
I do agree some what Mau. You cannot forget Brianna Stewart. My Lord she could do everything in basketball. Katie is only a soph though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
South Florida is actually good and it took them four quarters to score more than Katie did in three.
A lot of people thought South Florida would give them a run for their money this year. Not so much

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The threatened masculinity is adorable.

They play hard for 40 minutes. That's what it says.

Granted, I would say that the men's team plays hard too. They just aren't good at basketball right now.

What the hell. This thread is allowing everyone a platform to vent their angst.

Here's mine. The men's team does not play hard for 40 minutes. That goes individually and as a team. Too many players making unforced mental errors leading to turnovers and points for opponents. Guards being sloppy with the ball and getting stripped, stepping out of bounds with the ball, passes thrown 5'+ away from target, losing site of opponent on defense, not boxing out and allowing weakside offensive rebounds. The list goes on and on. This was a mentally weak team. Some of it can get chalked up to fatigue. Too much of it is lackadaisical habits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom