Uconn wins tonite | The Boneyard

Uconn wins tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Everybody knows UConn will win tonite. There may be some skeptics but deep down inside everybody knows UConn will win tonite. Even SC players know it because if you listen to Dawns interview in another thread she mentions Wilsons asks her how do I defend Stewie. Don't kid youself Stewie will put on a show tonite as will UConn. The lights are shining and this is what UConn is all about. How much more confidence do you need then having Mojeff at the point???? All the hype, and I expect SC to come out fired up, but when UConn gets it going it will be a show. UConn can execute especially under pressure in big games because they are focused. Geno will call off the dogs at some point but I expect UConn at some point to be up 20 or more before that happens. This UConn team is a well oiled machine that doesn't make to many mistakes. They are strong at every position and on defense they are a terror especially if you have trouble handling the ball. Teams that have shot the 3 well have had their moments against UConn. SC does not shoot the 3 well. UConn wins this one and the win will never be in doubt. UConn 81 SC 58.

Reaction Score
W
Everybody knows UConn will win tonite. There may be some skeptics but deep down inside everybody knows UConn will win tonite. Even SC players know it because if you listen to Dawns interview in another thread she mentions Wilsons asks her how do I defend Stewie. Don't kid youself Stewie will put on a show tonite as will UConn. The lights are shining and this is what UConn is all about. How much more confidence do you need then having Mojeff at the point???? All the hype, and I expect SC to come out fired up, but when UConn gets it going it will be a show. UConn can execute especially under pressure in big games because they are focused. Geno will call off the dogs at some point but I expect UConn at some point to be up 20 or more before that happens. This UConn team is a well oiled machine that doesn't make to many mistakes. They are strong at every position and on defense they are a terror especially if you have trouble handling the ball. Teams that have shot the 3 well have had their moments against UConn. SC does not shoot the 3 well. UConn wins this one and the win will never be in doubt. UConn 81 SC 58.
We beat them by 25 last year so you're giving them 2 points for home court advantage. I'd say ten points so a 15 point win roughly.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Love ya, Tony! But don't mess with the mojo....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Even SC players know it because if you listen to Dawns interview in another thread she mentions Wilsons asks her how do I defend Stewie.

Right on Tony and that is the most telling....
They'll try, but deep down they know. This is a loser.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I feel the same way TonyC, UConn is built for games like this, I remember a couple of years ago when they played Louisville and Shoni Schimmel at the YUM Center, 22,000 screaming Cardinal fans and what happened? The pressure is all on Dawn Staley and her team, they're at home. I hear all of this talk about the "inside game" of South Carolina, tOSU has no inside game, doesn't play any "D" and can't rebound the basketball but South Carolina only beat them by 6 at home and needed a furious 4th quarter rally and some very judicious calls from the officials.

Reaction Score
KML was a critical component in last year's 25-point victory, scoring 23 points. Equally important for SC was Aleighsa Welch, who scored 17. They are both gone. Everything else is pretty much the same.
Subtracting the 6-point scoring differential between KML and Welch, and subtracting another 6 points because SC is the home team this time, suggests that UConn should win by 13. This is right in the vicinity of what both the rating services and the betting line are projecting.

Reaction Score
Seems like the "experts" in Vegas like us by 11 1/2. I honestly think it's more than that, but I don't want to jinx us.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Seems like the "experts" in Vegas like us by 11 1/2. I honestly think it's more than that, but I don't want to jinx us.
Bovada Sports Book has UConn favored by 15 and the over/under is 145, the biggest Prop bet is Stewie winning the opening tip. Not that I'm a degenerate gambler, its just research!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

It was about that last Feb. too.

Reaction Score
Can't wait for tonight! I am really annoyed that this game is getting literally no advertising. The only thing being advertised is the stupid banned from postseason Louisville and overrated Duke. The only time I saw this game being advertised was a short small banner on the Houston/Tulsa game. Absolute BS IMO.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think the betting line of 11-12 points is probably about right. After all, when UConn played ND and Maryland, the margin was 10 points, and one of those games was in Gampel and the other was on a neutral court. In both games, the UConn offense was fine (and I think it will be again), but there were some defensive lapses. Against ND, UConn did not defend the 3-point line effectively, especially in the fourth quarter. Against Maryland, UConn had no decisive answer to Brionna Jones. And Maryland only had one player of that caliber; the Gamecocks have two.

A factor in this case could be foul trouble for the UConn forwards. That didn't happen in either of the previous two "big" games.

Still, I think UConn will weather these storms and win without last second dramatics, but not by a blowout margin.

Reaction Score
Uconn is now a 13.5 point favorite up from 11.5 this morning.

Reaction Score
I'm always nervous whenever UConn plays a top ten team, and when it's the 2nd ranked
team in the country playing on their home floor I get really nervous (but not really, really
nervous).

Then I read a post from Tony, and I feel a lot less nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom