UConn vs. UNC at MSG | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. UNC at MSG

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I see no difference between nova and Kansas
From our little corner of the world I agree with you, the two are pretty much interchangeable.

If you travel outside the mid-Atlantic to northeast the opinions of people change and the further from there that you travel, the more drastic the change becomes.

College basketball fandom exists in a lot of places outside of the northeast corridor.

Reaction Score
LOL so predictable. You like to see these "blue blood games" thinking Kansas is included in that. That's cute. Kansas might as well be Michigan ST. You know who blue bloods are? 5 or + titles.
Nah...Kansas is definitely a "blue blood". It's one of the best programs in America, currently.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
From our little corner of the world I agree with you, the two are pretty much interchangeable.

If you travel outside the mid-Atlantic to northeast the opinions of people change and the further from there that you travel, the more drastic the change becomes.

College basketball fandom exists in a lot of places outside of the northeast corridor.

Sure.

But not as fervent. Because if it did the BigEast tournament wouldn't be the best conference tourney in the country. Anyone remember what happens in the Big12 tourney? Jeez I couldn't have told you who won. Kansas? Big10? I know Purdue won. who cares? and the B10 more than anyone knows no one cares that's why they tried to do it in Garden one year. ACC? LOL let's switch between Greensboro and Brooklyn, and when Syracuse played in Brooklyn last year the same day we were at MSG tickets were THREE DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS. Look it up.

I wont even talk SEC because other than Kentucky every school is football first.

No Thanks.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Sure.

But not as ferevent. Because if it did the BigEast tournament wouldn't be the best conference tourney in the country. Anyone remember what happens in the Big12 tourney? Jeez I couldn't have told you who won. Kansas? Big10? I know Purdue won. who cares? and the B10 more than anyone knows no one cares that's why they tried to do it in Garden one year. ACC? LOL let's switch between Greensboro and Brooklyn, and when Syracuse played in Brooklyn last year the same day we were at MSG tickets were THREE DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS. Look it up.

I wont even talk SEC because other than Kentucky every school is football first.

No Thanks.
Who outside of the Big East remembers much, if anything about the Big East tournament?

Your speaking as if everyone in other parts of the country are as attached to the BET as we are yet nobody in any part of the country cares about any other tournament.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Who outside of the Big East remembers much, if anything about the Big East tournament?

Your speaking as if everyone in other parts of the country are as attached to the BET as we are yet nobody in any part of the country cares about any other tournament.

Everyone.

That's why its the talk of all the national basketball puppets.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Everyone.

That's why its the talk of all the national basketball puppets.

Everyone? Show me something that supports this claim.

Ideally one west coast, a couple varied midwest-mountain, maybe a southern location or two, afterall you claim everyone, if you are including everyone it has to cover an area larger than Foggy Bottom to Federal Hill.

Reaction Score
So FAU is either going 30-2 or 12-16 this year right?
It's really hard to say.

Their non-conference schedule is really, really good.
  • Hosting
    • Charleston
    • Liberty
    • Bryant
    • Albany
    • Eastern Michigan
  • Visiting
    • FGCU
    • Northern Kentucky
  • Neutral one-off games
    • Illinois
    • Loyola-Chicago
    • St. Bonaventure
  • ESPN Events Invitational, three games against
    • Boise State, Butler, Iowa State, Penn State, Texas A&M, VCU and Virginia Tech
Also, they're joining the AAC, which will be a step up from the C-USA, especially since some of the better C-USA teams (UAB, North Texas) moved along with them too.

I could see FAU entering their conference tournament with a record akin to San Diego State at the same point last season: 24-6, which makes them flirting with top-25 status throughout the year and a good bet for an at-large bid irregardless on how they do in the AAC tourney.

Listen, they're a really good team, but the top-10ish rankings I've seen right now are silly. I think FAU is more likely to miss the tournament all together than ever be a top-10 team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FAU is having a nice little UMassian run now, then it's back to Bolivion.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well they are. You know who isn’t?
The team that has won the most games all time? Good luck with that.

The point, which I know you got, is that we went from “well UConn had a run due to Calhoun but they are done” to, “Ok, 5 titles under three coaches, that’s undeniable“. I think we’re seeing that treatment show up.

Reaction Score
Among other schools, every member of the Big East outside of us.
We seem to have found our first case of big east derangement syndrome. Guy takes a shot at the league every chance he gets….petty

Reaction Score
You never know. Basketball is getting better here, and Boca is a nice transfer portal destination.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
JBird, if you followed the string of posts you'd have a different opinion.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
They've already matched UMass' high point

Reaction Score
JBird, if you followed the string of posts you'd have a different opinion.
I see all ur posts just disrespecting the big east, simply because you want to leave and are offended some want to stay….you can make a point without disparaging the league

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I see all ur posts just disrespecting the big east, simply because you want to leave and are offended some want to stay….you can make a point without disparaging the league
How did I disparage the league? A-Dub and I have been jabbing a little back and forth in a friendly manner. He made a comment about Kansas which I pointed out applies to the entirety of the BE (and I have yet to see a post of yours questioning his comment on Kansas). He then equated Kansas to Nova, which I agreed with (go through the thread, it appears that you are jumping to conclusions without reading the posts).

It appears that it is you, not I who is being overly sensitive about the banter. If you want to believe the BE is some incredibly deep and powerful conference, you have that right.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you want to believe the BE is some incredibly deep and powerful conference, you have that right.
Not to pick on FCF here (too much) but when one throws in the gratuitous superlative right at the end, it skews the argument. Is the Big East incredibly deep and powerful? I dunno. But I will say it is deep and and powerful. Look at the post-season. And even backmarkers like SJU had good OOC records. There's a couple others out there that like to end their points doing this. I think it undercuts their position. I guess it's a peeve of mine.

Reaction Score
How did I disparage the league? A-Dub and I have been jabbing a little back and forth in a friendly manner. He made a comment about Kansas which I pointed out applies to the entirety of the BE (and I have yet to see a post of yours questioning his comment on Kansas). He then equated Kansas to Nova, which I agreed with (go through the thread, it appears that you are jumping to conclusions without reading the posts).

It appears that it is you, not I who is being overly sensitive about the banter. If you want to believe the BE is some incredibly deep and powerful conference, you have that right.
I read the threads and whenever you get a chance you take shots at the league….I’m not against going to the big 12, i just notice you taking digs at the big east in most threads. It’s like your trying to prove the same point over and over…I’ll leave ya alone cuz we obviously see it differently

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Everyone? Show me something that supports this claim.

Ideally one west coast, a couple varied midwest-mountain, maybe a southern location or two, afterall you claim everyone, if you are including everyone it has to cover an area larger than Foggy Bottom to Federal Hill.

To be fair the Midwest one may be easier given that the Big East title was Milwaukee vs Cincinnati lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom