UCONN vs UMASS @ Gillette Stadium 2016 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs UMASS @ Gillette Stadium 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Looks like the BC "rumor" had the right state, but wrong side of it...

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 4m
Report: #UConn football team to play UMass at Gillette Stadium on 9/10/2016 http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/06/report-uconnumass-to-play-at-gillette.html…

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
With a return game at Rentschler... does this mean the Gillette game is a full home game for UMass instead of a neutral site 50/50 ticket allotment? Not that it matters since it's not like UMass fans will gobble up most of the tickets.

...shrug...

Reaction Score
Very disappointing its not BC, but this is a lot better than Buffalo or Western Michigan. If we must play the MAC (or sun belt) this is the way to go.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is freakin awesome. A twenty minute ride to the stadium and I will likely be supplying tickets for a huge group of friends from the area. I bet most of my tailgate crew will attend as well. Should be a fun bus trip for the students too.

Concerning UConn-allocated tickets, I would wager a 6 pack that UConn can name its ticket allotment amount and UMass will happily oblige. Temple puts their fans on the 50 on one side and the visitors on the opposing 50 yard line, wouldn't that be cool?

Reaction Score
UMASS will not be playing in the MAC in 2016. They want in to the AAC but that isn't happening any day soon. The Sun Belt turned them down. I wonder where UMASS will end up? Independent, FCS, who knows? We need some local rivalry's and games. On the plus side the UMASS game will be good for MA recruiting for UCONN.

Check out UMASS's 2016 first 3 games in 2016. I thought our BYU opening this year was tough!
UMASS also plays Notre Dame in South Bend in 2015. The 2014 OOC schedule is Kamikaze like!

Saturday
Sept. 3
at Florida Gators
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTBA---
Saturday
Sept. 10
Connecticut Huskies
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MATBA---
Saturday
Sept. 17
at Boston College Eagles
Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MATBA---
Saturday
Sept. 24
Rhode Island Rams

Saturday
Sept. 12
at Colorado Buffaloes
Folsom Field, Boulder, COTBA---
Saturday
Sept. 19
Temple Owls
Amherst, MA or Foxborough, MATBA---
Saturday
Sept. 26
at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, INTime TBA
NBC---
Saturday
Oct. 3
FIU Golden Panthers
McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MATBA---

Saturday
Aug. 30
Boston College Eagles
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA3:00 p.m. ET
ESPN3---
Saturday
Sept. 6
Colorado Buffaloes
ESPN3---
Saturday
Sept. 13
at Vanderbilt Commodores
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN12:00 p.m. ET
FSNBuy
Tickets

Saturday
Sept. 20
at Penn State Nittany Lions
Beaver Stadium, University Park, PATBA

Last edited:

Dooley

Reaction Score
UMASS will not be playing in the MAC in 2016. They want in to the AAC but that isn't happening any day soon. The Sun Belt turned them down. I wonder where UMASS will end up. Independent, FCS, who knows? We need some local rivalry's and games. On the plus side the UMASS game will be good for MA recruiting for UCONN. .

Check out UMASS's 2016 first 3 games in 2016. I thought our BYU opening this year was tough!
UMASS also plays Notre Dame in South Bend in 2015. The 2014 OOC schedule is Kamikaze like!

Saturday
Sept. 3
at Florida Gators
Saturday
Sept. 10
Connecticut Huskies
Saturday
Sept. 17
at Boston College Eagles
Saturday
Sept. 24
Rhode Island Rams

Saturday
Sept. 12
at Colorado Buffaloes
Saturday
Sept. 19
Temple Owls
Saturday
Sept. 26
NBC---
Saturday
Oct. 3
FIU Golden Panthers

Saturday
Aug. 30
Boston College Eagles
ESPN3---
Saturday
Sept. 6
Colorado Buffaloes
ESPN3---
Saturday
Sept. 13
at Vanderbilt Commodores
FSNBuy
Tickets

Saturday
Sept. 20

Geez. UMASS' OOC schedules look much better than ours. I would go to every single one of their road OOC games.

Reaction Score
Geez. UMASS' OOC schedules look much better than ours. I would go to every single one of their road OOC games.

That's because most of those teams (Florida, ND, Penn State) won't be paying a visit to Gillette. We could get a schedule like that if we didn't want those teams to pay a return trip to the Rent.

Dooley

Reaction Score
That's because most of those teams (Florida, ND, Penn State) won't be paying a visit to Gillette. We could get a schedule like that if we didn't want those teams to pay a return trip to the Rent.

I don't understand how this would be a bad thing. I would sign up for a one and done with UF, ND or PSU right now. Besides, we won't find many P5 schools that will come to the Rent.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UMASS will not be playing in the MAC in 2016. They want in to the AAC but that isn't happening any day soon. The Sun Belt turned them down. I wonder where UMASS will end up. Independent, FCS, who knows? We need some local rivalry's and games. On the plus side the UMASS game will be good for MA recruiting for UCONN. .

Saturday
Sept. 3
at Florida Gators
Saturday
Sept. 10
Connecticut Huskies
Saturday
Sept. 17
at Boston College Eagles
Saturday
Sept. 24
Rhode Island Rams

Saturday
Sept. 12
at Colorado Buffaloes
Saturday
Sept. 19
Temple Owls
Saturday
Sept. 26
NBC---
Saturday
Oct. 3
FIU Golden Panthers

Saturday
Aug. 30
Boston College Eagles
ESPN3---
Saturday
Sept. 6
Colorado Buffaloes
ESPN3---
Saturday
Sept. 13
at Vanderbilt Commodores
FSNBuy
Tickets

Saturday
Sept. 20

They need the dues....

Reaction Score
I'll take it. Gillette is half of the ride from my house to the Rent. UMass needs to sell tickets so I doubt they will pull what BC hoops did years ago and limit who can buy tickets to avoid it being a "road" game at home.

Reaction Score
Not that exciting, but I'll go to the game. It's funny, but the Rent is closer to both campuses than Foxboro and UConn is closer to Foxboro than UMass.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how this would be a bad thing. I would sign up for a one and done with UF, ND or PSU right now. Besides, we won't find many P5 schools that will come to the Rent.

I'll take as many of the lower P5 as we can get!

UCONN has P5 Home and away with:
Virginia - 2016 & 2017
Illinois -2019 & 2020
Indiana - 219 & 2020

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I play this game three times and on Sunday (not sure what that means)

UConn and UMass should play each other. I've only been in CT for 3 years but a lot of people I talk to at UConn also applied to UMass and have friends that go there. This is a game that could actually develop into somewhat of a rivalry (even though we will win most of if not all of the games). They wanna be in the AAC, were better in academics, and athletics so obviously the hate is there for them.

This helps is in the following ways:

1. Road OOC games are good for the overall strength of schedule, especially if we plan on contending for the access slot
1a. Winning a road OOC game is always a good thing (no matter how bad the other team is, and we should win this game very handily)

2. Gives us a chance to show how well UConn fans travel. A lot of the students I'm surrounded by want to go to a road game for football, but realistically the only shot we have at doing that is Temple (and that doesn't really do much for people here). Convincing people to visit their friends at UMass for the weekend while watching us destroy them is a much easier thing to propose to people.

3. We've had great recruiting success in MA and should continue to play in the state. Like I've said before, if other teams don't want to play us, fine. Play UMass, win, get local papers and media covering it, and show up to the game. This is 100% positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom