UConn vs UCLA post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA post game thread

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
So if Lou is taken out, her back tightens immediately and she can't return?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I thought everyone (yes, ALL) played well by making useful contribs. Lou's shot was still a bit off, but she played HARD and did her share of good things other than points. CW was not your typical freshman. Danger came up big, and Liv gave some great minutes. And Phees was, well, Phees...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maybe I am biased but it just seems to me that Adam and Kara are always "favoring" our opponents until the outcome is determined.

Don't get me wrong, they don't badmouth us, but they sure seem more excited for our opponents. IMO.

Kara was getting downright hot/offended early when discussing UCLA's (lack of) transition defense .... like she was invested in the team, almost. She still is very much a pro, but she seemed to get too emotional on UCLA's behalf at several points in the telecast , I agree.

Reaction Score
Great win against a hard fighting and scrappy team. I like that they are playing close games. The 4th quarter is definitely something that can carry them thru out this tourney. Bad Defensive rebounding is something we will have to live with. Olivia had great minutes!

Reaction Score
There were many doubters in the chat room but they all disappeared in the 4th quarter. CD was the star of the 4th but there were certainly no chokers out there for UCONN.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Somehow we are going to have to figure out how to get more production from Lou in the next game and going forward. This was an exceptionally tough test for Lou given how physical and athletic UCLA was tonight and how little contact was getting called for most of the first 3 quarters, so I can see how even a healthy Lou would be under her average tonight.

That said, one of her built in advantages is her height and ability to shoot jumpers off of the screen and curl, and she is just not looking for that shot right now. She doesnt have to (just) worry about 3's . She needs the shot off the curl. We just have to have that threat from her.

Reaction Score
I thought everyone (yes, ALL) played well by making useful contribs. Lou's shot was still a bit off, but she played HARD and did her share of good things other than points. CW was not your typical freshman. Danger came up big, and Liv gave some great minutes. And Phees was, well, Phees...
"CW was not your typical freshman." Yeah, she was. She took a few ill-advised shots, floaters in the lane that got swatted away, or a shot when Geno wanted to hold it until time was almost out, but she did play very well.

Reaction Score
Kara was getting downright hot/offended early when discussing UCLA's (lack of) transition defense .... like she was invested in the team, almost. She still is very much a pro, but she seemed to get too emotional on UCLA's behalf at several points in the telecast , I agree.

She got offended because they were making first grade level mistakes, and she wants a good game.

Reaction Score
I said in the Chat that I thought Kara was auditioning for an open HC job with the way she was being an " analyst".:)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Well here we go again another Regional. Did you know UCLA has more losses then any team in the Regionals? UCLA imo is not a good defensive team. UCLA does not play well in low scoring games. I expect UConn to control the tempo and to be very disciplined. I dont see UCLAs defense slowing UConn down and I dont see UCLAs defense keeping UConn from scoring. All the talk about UCLA rebounding. Well Tenn had a terrible season and MD is not a disciplined team. Neither plays good defense. UCLA got to many easy shots close in and to many rebounds because they werent blocked out. That fundamental basketball. You can be sure Geno will have UConn ready. In regional games the score is not high scoring. In a low scoring game UCLA doesnt fair well. One last point if UCLA is hitting the boards and UConn is rebounding and nobody is back for the fast break UConn runs up the score. There are just to many things that UCONN can do that UCLA can not match.

With 5 scoring options now and ONO clogging up the middle UCLA will have problems. UConn 74 UCLA 58.
About 4 years ago I questioned one of Tony C's posts. It took awhile for me to get the egg off my face.
Anyone have a hot wet towel? Head bang

Reaction Score
I think Kara was getting her distaste for UConn ready before she accepts the Vols Head Coaching job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom