UConn vs UCLA Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Overall just nice and enjoyable against a fun team to watch no matter what their record. Only lowlight came from Becca at the end when she said something like, "Turner would have made a difference, though I'm not sure they (ND) would have won."

Was that a complete brain fart? As an announcer you just don't go into those hypothetical realms after a team gets blown out on their home court and was thoroughly overmatched. Sorry Becca but I'm pretty sure that neither of the Kara's would have said something so BFish. Very disappointed in someone who will still remain my #1 as a Husky player.

Reaction Score
I was watching the game, paused it for dinner, then came back to it. I turned on WTIC at the (sort of) end, but still missed who their POG was. I can think of a few it could have been. Anyone know?
Stewart

Reaction Score
Two best plays of the game- Gabby's absolutely beautiful mid-air putback on a (I think) Moriah pass, and Kiah Stokes soaring well past the free throw line to block 6'4 Costa's shot. I'd like to see the team get into full beatdown mode more quickly, but I am really impressed with the elevated (literally) play of Williams and Stokes- AWESOME !!

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I thought Jordin Canada played a nice game. She was able to finish at the rim and make that mid-range jumper in the lane.

Reaction Score
It was strange that watching the warmups UConn looked great - relaxed, organized, all the shots going in. UCLA looked scattered and tense with balls clanging off the rim. Then the game started and the roles reversed! I wonder why this team is such a slow starter...
It is also strange that as a UConn fan I can watch a game and worry that they are not playing well. Then I look at the scoreboard and see that they are up by double digits! ;)
I was impressed by some of the UCLA shooters. There were some well-defended 3's that went down causing the crowd to to "oooooh!" Of course UConn was well ahead at the time :D

Odd note: During time outs, UCLA brought a bunch of chairs onto the floor. Really? It wasn't too noisy to hear at the bench. Kinda looked like they were going to stop and have a spot of tea.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I thought Jordin Canada played a nice game. She was able to finish at the rim and make that mid-range jumper in the lane.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone finish against Stewie consistently like Canada did. She's an amazing talent, and she's also got moxie!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Odd note: During time outs, UCLA brought a bunch of chairs onto the floor. Really? It wasn't too noisy to hear at the bench. Kinda looked like they were going to stop and have a spot of tea.
A lot of teams do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak