UConn vs. Syracuse post game - on to the sweet 16! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Syracuse post game - on to the sweet 16!

Reaction Score
Oh what a game!! My heart rate was so high, but the goal is to win and move on, and that’s exactly what the Huskies did. I am happy for my team, so now I can get some work done. Nika played excellent defense against Fair, until….., and that gave me nightmares of Hidalgo and ND. But then Paige took over, and the rest is history. Still lots of work to be done in holding on to the ball, but that’s for later. Congrats on winning this section of the NCAAs.
Also, kudos to Syracuse for following their game plan. They surely made the Huskies earn this win.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
82B06490-4BAF-45E1-A1EE-917324A9A34F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Gutsy win. When Nika fouled out I was like here we go again. Putting Paige in Fair was a great call. KK with the clutch 3. Ash with the sharp shooting. Paige being extra Paige!

It was UConn against Syracuse and the officials all night. Good guys won.

Ice not great tonight, but it was a big game. She will learn.

What’s that smell? Pew!!! It smells like Dukie! Time to clean it up!

Reaction Score
A little nerve racking, but a win. Bragging! In what you wanted to see in the Uconn== Cuse game, I wanted Paige to score 30+ points, she scored 32 I wanted Ashlynn to repeat her 26=== she scored 19 points and hold Cuse to 60 points, they scored 64. Mission accomplished. Two down. now bring on Portland and the next win on the way to the Championship. The team was GREAT and did not falter. Paige will be on the wall. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!Plus, in the 4th qtr, the refs called 5 fouls on Uconn in 40 seconds. That was ridiculous!!!!

Reaction Score
32 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 1 block. Clutch shot, clutch defense, clutch timeout. She is SO good

Shoutout Ashlynn for big time shot making, and shoutout KK for hitting the dagger 3!

Syracuse hit three 3s in the first 90 seconds of the 4th. Then another two 3s in 20 seconds with 3 min left. And still lost by 8

Lets go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I'm soooo happy right now.. what a win for Uconn... Believe me, these games matter so much down the strech of this tournament. All these young ladies for the huskies showed an enormous heart tonight. ❤️ On to Portland. Uconn needs Nika to score at least 10 points. This game is the exception because guarding Fair is no small feat. To think that we're in the sweet 16, without the players on our bench who are injured, is simply Ludacris.

Reaction Score
That was exhausting to watch! Paige is the lock down defender. She was also the calming force on the floor after Nika fouled out. The officials let them play so no complaints here. Nike needs to be smarter moving forward, last foul could have cost them the game. KK played a phenomenal game, man that shot will be remembered. Great finish.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Paige is the most clutch all round player in WCBB. She makes plays on offense, and gets her team mates involved. She make critical plays on defense and doesnt foul. She runs the team a true leader.

Reaction Score
Survive and advance. KK with that CLUTCH, BIG TIME 3 had me like:

Happy Los Angeles Lakers GIF by NBA

UConn did not always play pretty offensively, but they made their shots when it counted. And our defense was as good as you could possibly be against a team like Syracuse (who beat many teams with their insane rebounding and fantastic perimeter shooting). We made them work for practically every shot.

The officiating was, in my opinion, great in the first half. I didn't mind the refs swallowing their whistles on both ends and just letting the players play. Of course that couldn't last though and in the second half, particularly Q4, the refs decided to take over the game. Some bad calls on both sides and the constant stops and starts threw both teams off their rhythm. But how wonderful it was to see the team hold fast even after Nika fouled out. They were not about to be beat.

Also, it was incredible when Paige grabbed the loose ball and immediately called a TO. That's peak basketball IQ right there!!

I followed Syracuse all season long and I knew that no matter what the score was, no matter how big the lead seemed, they were going to come charging back in Q4 and make it a game. Tonight was no exception. Of course I am happy that UConn won, but it's with all the sincerity in the world that I tip my hat to Coach HLJ, Fair, and the rest of the team. Absolutely no quit, dominated the rebound game, scored the big 3s when they needed them ... they play a tough, physical (but not dirty) game. This was a game I was insanely nervous about as a Husky fan because I knew how good Syracuse can be when it's clutch time.

Although Syracuse lost, Fair cemented her place in history amongst one of the highest scorers ever in WBB. And she did it was almost no flair, no showboating or complaining, and without almost any media attention. Just showed up every game and balled out. Nothing but respect.

All the respect to Coach HLJ as well. I hope I get the chance to meet her next season. Her squad was fired up and ready to go. Nearly gave me a stress induced aneurysm down the stretch for the last 4 minutes. Damn.

SWEET SIXTEEN HERE WE COME!!!

Reaction Score
Few Thoughts:
*what a game. SY was really really good. and Fair is an amazing player!
*We have Paige, and they didn't. She put the team on her back on both offense and defense. The Best Player in WBB.
*Ash: unreal performance considering that she is a freshman. Without her showing up big time, we don't win this game.
*KK: was ok till this 3-point shot in the end which was HUGE! She won the game for UConn with this shot.
*AE: was not as efficient on offense as usually she is but what a warrior on the boards...
*Nika: that 5th foul was just bad especially considering that she is a Senior. Guarded Fair amazingly in the first half but you can't stop a great player like Fair for the whole game.
*Ice: a disappointing game. too many times with butter fingers.
*on to the Sweet 16 to meet Duke. Duke is a really good defensive team but somewhat challenged on offense. IMO if UConn will score about 75 points they'll beat Duke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom