UConn vs South Carolina | The Boneyard

UConn vs South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am probably more excited for this upcoming game than just about any regular season game UConn has played. The reason for this is that I was born in Columbia at the university's hospital. My dad did his medical residency there.
So imagine my surprise of how successful South Carolina has been this year. Nice to see them doing so well. What a program Dawn Staley has put together!

Reaction Score
I am similarly excited. No place that boasts the presence of Maurice's Piggy Park can be all bad!!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
"Shudders"... Welll Dammm, nuthin towards Myrele Beach... I git dow their of''n....

CTyankee

Reaction Score
I'm not a big fan of BBQ, plus theirs isn't particularly good.

I prefer Scotts in Hemingway... Plus Kalana Greene was from quite close to Hemingway, St. Stephen. We need more barbque like this as well as more SC girls at UConn...

10union600.1_1__6p2p.jpg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I prefer Scotts in Hemingway... Plus Kalana Greene was from quite close to Hemingway, St. Stephen. We need more barbque like this as well as more SC girls at UConn...

See, I prefer small towns in New England; I don't feel comfortable in the rural South. Now, give me some clam chowder and a lobster roll or a clam roll and I'm happy.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
See, I prefer small towns in New England; I don't feel comfortable in the rural South. Now, give me some clam chowder and a lobster roll or a clam roll and I'm happy.

OK... How about this... Dinner!!! We win next week... You take me & the bride for barbeque somewhere near halfway between Columbia & Myrtle Beach. Maybe Florence... You win, we'll bring chowder and lobster rolls fixings and meet for dinner at the same place... But it's gotta be wet...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
OK... How about this... Dinner!!! We win next week... You take me & the bride for barbeque somewhere near halfway between Columbia & Myrtle Beach. Maybe Florence... You win, we'll bring chowder and lobster rolls fixings and meet for dinner at the same place... But it's gotta be wet...

There aren't any dry counties in SC. :D

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Great... Love wet places... (I do remember a time in SC when you could get a drink on Sunday in one town but not the town next.)
How does Florence suit you??? Know any places for ribeye, maybe suitable for both of us??? Same deal... you win, I pay; we win you pay???

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Great... Love wet places... (I do remember a time in SC when you could get a drink on Sunday in one town but not the town next.)
How does Florence suit you??? Know any places for ribeye, maybe suitable for both of us??? Same deal... you win, I pay; we win you pay???

I don't really know much about Florence. I live in Columbia.

Reaction Score
I used to

10union600.1_1__6p2p.jpg
I used to work in Hemingway a few years ago and I've eaten my share of Scott's barbecque. I consider it to be the standard in which I compared other bbq places.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score

10union600.1_1__6p2p.jpg
This sucks! We are driving down to Florida via MD (to be at our grandson's 3rd b'day party). Leaving MD on the 16th. Thought we make a slight detour to see how good this place is - well its closed Sun-Tues :(
http://thescottsbbq.com/

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
We are in Columbia regularly-can't wait to get to this place!

CTyankee

Reaction Score
We are in Columbia regularly-can't wait to get to this place!

Be prepared... It's in the middle of no-where... I would guess about a 2 hour drive from Columbia... And, oh yes, it's only open the end of the week as the first part of the week they are roasting pigs. There are a couple of tables inside and picnic tables across the street; it's really primitive. The barbeque is SC style in a vinegar pepper sauce, choice of hot or hotter... They will put the sauce on the side if you wish, but the pig while cooking has been basted with it. If you want beer you will have to bring your own. Pork barbeque and chicken sold by the pound as well as plates and sandwiches... Pork rinds also. Beans & coleslaw as sides but that's not their forte. Take a cooler if you are picking up for take out. Cash only!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not that Charleston is anywhere near Columbia, but that town is easily my favorite in the Palmetto State, if not the entire South.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Be prepared... It's in the middle of no-where... I would guess about a 2 hour drive from Columbia... And, oh yes, it's only open the end of the week as the first part of the week they are roasting pigs. There are a couple of tables inside and picnic tables across the street; it's really primitive. The barbeque is SC style in a vinegar pepper sauce, choice of hot or hotter... They will put the sauce on the side if you wish, but the pig while cooking has been basted with it. If you want beer you will have to bring your own. Pork barbeque and chicken sold by the pound as well as plates and sandwiches... Pork rinds also. Beans & coleslaw as sides but that's not their forte. Take a cooler if you are picking up for take out. Cash only!!!
There are actually 4 different types of BBQ in South Carolina. The state even puts out a BBQ map.

SouthCarolinaBBQMap_icon.jpg

CTyankee

Reaction Score
No choices at Scotts... Just SC vinegar & pepper... Not a place for someone who does not like barbeque...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Reports are that Alaina Coates has been dispatched to Storrs CT to scout UConn's game Saturday against Memphis. She has tickets in 1st row behind UConn's bench.....

;)

If she's in Storrs she'll miss the game . It's in Memphis

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
She got a discount on the red-eye flight from Myrtle Beach to Storrs, CT to Memphis. It's why she left tonight for the Saturday game. The flight's 14 hours long....

:cool:
Of course, Alaina was on the bench in Athens tonight, she just couldn't play.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I suppose there is just no use pointing out that NONE of that peppered pork stuff is really barbecue. Mustard? Ketchup? Tomato? Vinegar"? Pork rinds? Nope. YOu want barbecue, you gotta go to Texas. No help for it. I got tears coming to my eyes right now, just thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom