UConn vs So Carolina game thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UConn vs So Carolina game thread

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I did say this before the game in this thread On a scale of 0-10, how nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC?

A few things are of interest to me this game.

1) Z has been flying up and down the court these last 3 to 4 games. I really didn't know she had that type of speed. Her ability to finish at the rim during transition is a thing to behold. If this continues it may be a real problem for SCar. Contrarily,

2) How will Z fare on defense. Can she stay out of foul trouble, can she keep her man in front of her, can she make timely switches, and can she alter SCar's shots in the paint. Geno may play a lot of sagging 2/3 and match up zones tonight so we'll see how that goes.

3) Can Gabby be the force in the lane she was last year against SCar. Can she pull her mark out of the lane by hitting something outside and by making good passes from the high post. Can she stay out of foul trouble as well.

4) I don't know if many noticed but Pheese's footwork on offense and defense was, in my eyes, the best it has been all year against Tulane. Her outside shot had the best arc and rotation I've seen all year as well. She is really starting to come on the last 3 or 4 games. Will this be another good one or a step backwards?

5) Crystal could be a real X factor for UCONN this game. If she can penetrate off the dribble AND hit her outside shot tonight UCONN could have an easy night.

6) Lou.

If these things happen it won't matter what Dawn's team does, it won't be close.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well who opened the can?
Can_3d94f4_1954384.jpg

Reaction Score
I believe both Gabby & Wilson each had 14 pts & 14 rebounds, and Wilson played more minutes. Now you tell me who should be the NPOY?
I like this AP statement:
" Wilson was recruited hard by UConn before picking the Gamecocks and lost to the Huskies all four of her college seasons."

Reaction Score
Omg the announcing was awful. Didn’t call the game, obviously biased and while I love Lobo, I feel like she tries so much to be unbiased that she doesn’t always call it like she should. Does anyone else agree?

I don't know.

But I think she has "low post bias."

Reaction Score
Dee Kantner is really the only decent referee in the women's game. She is human and makes mistakes, but she is legit relative to others I have seen.

You have to be kidding. She has been anti UCONN as long as I remember. The team and Geno must cringe ever time they see her on the schedule. She has absolutely no consistency in her calls.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Glad we are not the only people feel the refs suck tonight...
And yet as I always say, any sufficiently good enough team overcomes such obstacles. Adjusts to how the calls are going to go, and moves on. To me whether the refereeing was good, bad, or atrocious is irrelevant. Were you good enough to beat the team despite the crowd, the atmosphere, lack of your point guard in the second half, center on the bench, second center playing no so good, bad refs, bad hair, bad wifi. So what? Yesyesyesyesyes. This is UConn.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UCONN just had a 34 point lead on the defending National Champions and although they got very little from Z and Dangerfield offensively, they won the game by more than 20 points. Still people are finding little things to whine and complain about. That's too bad. I believe if someone had told BY'ers before the game that UCONN would win by more than 20 points most would have said yes, we will take that. Well, they won by that much and still the complaints continue. I'm a UCONN fan but, after a game like tonight, I have nothing but good things to say. I wish we had a team in St. Louis that was in the top 50. Just saying.

JordyG

Reaction Score
UCONN just had a 34 point lead on the defending National Champions and although they got very little from Z and Dangerfield offensively, they won the game by more than 20 points. Still people are finding little things to whine and complain about. That's too bad. I believe if someone had told BY'ers before the game that UCONN would win by more than 20 points most would have said yes, we will take that. Well, they won by that much and still the complaints continue. I'm a UCONN fan but, after a game like tonight, I have nothing but good things to say. I wish we had a team in St. Louis that was in the top 50. Just saying.
+10.

Reaction Score
You have to be kidding. She has been anti UCONN as long as I remember. The team and Geno must cringe ever time they see her on the schedule. She has absolutely no consistency in her calls.
Baloney. She is anti-UConn? Really? So if all the calls went UConn's way, she is a good ref? I have seen other schools say exactly the same thing. "She is anti-bla-bla-bla". Well guess what? Individually you fans are all "right". Collectively you are all "wrong", because in that case, she is being consistent. Your only argument is that she is consistently poor. I can accept that. I have a different opinion, however, because I value that kind of consistency in officiating.

Reaction Score
That call on out of bounds off Lou was BS even in real time it was obvious. So were some of the calls on UConn on the defensive end. I'm surprised the disparity was only 17-14.

Reaction Score
I like the rooster sound they play at the beginning of those videos.

Reaction Score
Baloney. She is anti-UConn? Really? So if all the calls went UConn's way, she is a good ref? I have seen other schools say exactly the same thing. "She is anti-bla-bla-bla". Well guess what? Individually you fans are all "right". Collectively you are all "wrong", because in that case, she is being consistent. Your only argument is that she is consistently poor. I can accept that. I have a different opinion, however, because I value that kind of consistency in officiating.
Agree to disagree... She is pretty anti-UCONN and she is pretty bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom