UConn vs. SC. Badass Award goes to. . . | The Boneyard

UConn vs. SC. Badass Award goes to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, Tuck should share this award because not only she is health but also great performance.

Reaction Score
Morgan may have locked up enough 1st team AA votes to get her name on the wall of Honor tonight. If not 1st place then Definitely 2nd team which would also get her name on there.
How anyone can not see Morgan as one of the top 10 if not top 5 players in the country boggles my mind. She is so good it is just ridiculous sometimes watching her work down low against players that have a height advantage. We heard coming in all about the South Carolina height, and Morgan did a great job neutralizing it I thought.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Morgan may have locked up enough 1st team AA votes to get her name on the wall of Honor tonight. If not 1st place then Definitely 2nd team which would also get her name on there.

I had the same thought while watching tonight's game. I had been worried that missing some games might hurt her AA chances in some people's eyes, but she was dynamite tonight and you have to figure that most of the voters were watching. I'm encouraged by the fact that the 10-member WBCA AA first team has had 3 Huskies on it each of the last two seasons, so there's little reason why they shouldn't be willing to do that again this year. I'm pulling hard for this because Morgan has earned her place on that wall. Hope like hell she gets it.

Reaction Score
I think there should at least be a shout out to Amanda Kimball. Her strength and conditioning regimen allowed the team to play at a high level. Players logging 40, 40, 39,33, 22,22 minutes. Outstanding prep work AK.

Reaction Score
At 25-12 in the 2nd quarter, the game was already over! Stewie was magnificent in every way, especially in contributing to the 25. But Morgan, who made her own contribution to that number, had even more to do with SC's 12. She had Coates completely demoralized and the game still had twenty-six minutes to go...a true badass, Kib!

HGN

Reaction Score
STEWIE...............Hands down. With a royal Salute to Tuck for guts and play. And a Shout Out to Mo for her disruptive defense.

Reaction Score
At halftime of the Maryland - Ohio State game, Kara Lawson said that Morgan Tuck is the third best player in the country. The only two better are Stewie and Mo.:D;)
After watching her go to work last night, who could argue that? Plus she saved KLS from getting T'd up on that last foul.

Reaction Score
At halftime of the Maryland - Ohio State game, Kara Lawson said that Morgan Tuck is the third best player in the country. The only two better are Stewie and Mo.:D;)

Dang! Morgan is a beast and my favorite player on this team because of her old skool game (inside, outside), but third best player in the country on a gimpy knee?? That's RESPECT!!! Imagine if she was healthy...... those 3's would have dropped last night. No one has more post moves than Morgan in WCBB. I'm surprised that she didn't go into her bag and used the reverse layup during the game. Also, her defense on Coates was vital. Coates is nearly unstoppable when she gets touches close to the basket.

HGN

Reaction Score
CoCo , I hadn't thought about that until you brought it up.........But Morgan did show well against SC in a highly anticipated Nationally televised game. One has to wonder how the AA voters can exclude Tuck when she just went head-to-head with Mitchell , Wilson , and Coates and came out on top. Game wise and statistically. She proved her worthiness of 1st Team AA consideration. South Carolina was 22-0 and the front-line was arguably the best in WCBB. And the front-line of UConn took them apart. With Tuck playing superior defense and putting up points.

Tuck may not get the press of all the others but she showed she deserves the votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom