UConn vs ND in the second game on Friday night | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs ND in the second game on Friday night

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score

So he wasn't upset about a ND player taking down Danger and potentially injuring her. He wasn't upset about any of it. Wow, I guess it's all part of the game. I think it does upset him, but he needs to show that opponents' actions don't get to him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So he wasn't upset about a ND player taking down Danger and potentially injuring her. He wasn't upset about any of it. Wow, I guess it's all part of the game. I think it does upset him, but he needs to show that opponents' actions don't get to him.
Zero utility in showing it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Drinking game: take a shot every time they show the last second shots from last year’s final four

I guess the producers at ESPN think either folks need a reminder of how their last second buzzer beater defeated UConn, or they don't like UConn.

There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth in the UConn locker room after the game. There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth in living rooms all across the country in the homes of UConn fans.

Anyone that is a WCBB fan either saw that play live, or on SportsCenter over the next 2 days. Whenever they show it, I look away. :oops:Just one more made free throw or basket in regulation, and UConn wins. :(

If UConn can't win the NC this weekend, I hope somebody other than ND wins it. I'd like to see Oregon win it if we don't. Baylor, ND and UConn have ALL won one recently. It would put the national spotlight on the Oregon Ducks women's BB program, and put a feather in the hat of head coach Kelly Graves. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Why do we always have to get the late game? That's not good for us.

Better ratings = more advertising revenue for ESPN. If UConn plays the first game, there are folks that would not necessarily stay around for the night cap. Most fans want to see the UConn/ND game. Many want to see if lightning can strike twice.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Predictions mean nothing!!! Let the game speak for itself. All the teams headed to Tampa are all
Capable of winning the title or they wouldn’t be there. I think there is no clear favorite .. all the teams cause each other problems ... it’s anyone’s title to claim.

I agree. Baylor pretty much had a "cake walk" en route to the final four the last two weeks. Their closest MOV in the first 4 tournament games was 25 (South Carolina). ND's closest game was an 87-80 win over Texas A&M. Oregon's was their last one, a 4 pt. victory over Miss St. UConn's was their 7 pt. win over Louisville.

Baylor (35-1) is the only remaining team in the tournament that really hasn't been tested yet in tournament play. Good luck to the Ducks. Baylor will be their BIGGEST (no pun intended) and most formidable opponent of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I actually think the game will come down to which team maintains its composure.

Last year in the FF UConn looked hesitant and uncomfortable. Between unfavorable whistles, which made the game choppy, and inability to get into an offensive flow UConn just looked out of sorts. There is a lot of pressure being the favorite and UConn seemed afraid of losing.

Fast forward to our earlier match up this year and its a total role reversal. Muffet seemed like she was more interested in fighting with Geno than in coaching. Arike completely lost her focus on the game and instead wanted to scream at the UConn coaching staff. ND players seemed more interested in physically bullying UConn players than in winning. Suddenly the favorite became the hunted and ND wilted.

At the end of the day I will take UConn because we have Geno. Geno seems to have a special ability to get under Muffet's skin and that emotion will spill over into her team. IMO Geno seems to be able to turn it off and on while Muffet can't let it go.....a team feeds off its coach and if a coach is displaying negative emotions it will transfer over.

Reaction Score
AMM, have you ever considered calling in sick this year?!! Just saying :)
Between you and HuskyNan picking up lucky pennies, I really don't know who is worst.. Stop it please :)

Lol I probably should, I was hoping that they would be the first game, hopefully are luck is better this year

Reaction Score
ESPN Picking ND to win and then win it all scares me. Their putting the jinx on ND.
Not at all. The game will be probably be fixed in ND's favor by ESPN. They need the ACC to win as they will be hyping the ACCN during the game as much as possible. The officials will favor ND as usual as they are likely paid off by ESPN. The NCAA hates UConn and Geno. You should not worry if I were you. It will be a miracle if UConn wins as the odds are stacked against them. Ogunbawale could murder someone in the game and it will be the victims fault. Remember last years discrepancy in fouls. I suspect it will be worse this year.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not at all. The game will be fixed in ND's favor by ESPN. They need the ACC to win as they will be hyping the ACCN during the game as much as possible. The officials will favor ND as usual as they are likely paid off by ESPN. The NCAA hates UConn and Geno. You should not worry if I were you. It will be a miracle if UConn wins as the odds are stacked against them. Ogunbawale could murder someone in the game and it will be the victims fault. Remember last years discrepancy in fouls. I suspect it will be worse this year.
Are you kidding me with this stuff? That sounds a little paranoid

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
If UConn can't win the NC this weekend, I hope somebody other than ND wins it. I'd like to see Oregon win it if we don't.
I completely agree with you regarding ND not winning it. My problem is I don't like either of the other teams. I guess I should say Oregon is the lesser of the evils. But if it comes down to Baylor versus ND, I'm rooting for Baylor. That is antithetical to me, but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Concur with all... but weird thing...he cant say "Ododa" but has no trouble with Ogunbowale... :rolleyes:
Easily fixed. Somebody just needs to tell Andy it rhymes with...

Oh!
yoda-advice-always-in-motion-is-the-future-1024x576[1].jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And that likely includes 1,500 for Shepard at Nebraska. Should we count Victoria Vivians' 6,000 points from 7th to 12 grades?
yup thats the dumbest stat I hear them make... Turner has been around for 8 seasons already

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I actually think the game will come down to which team maintains its composure.

Last year in the FF UConn looked hesitant and uncomfortable. Between unfavorable whistles, which made the game choppy, and inability to get into an offensive flow UConn just looked out of sorts. There is a lot of pressure being the favorite and UConn seemed afraid of losing.

Fast forward to our earlier match up this year and its a total role reversal. Muffet seemed like she was more interested in fighting with Geno than in coaching. Arike completely lost her focus on the game and instead wanted to scream at the UConn coaching staff. ND players seemed more interested in physically bullying UConn players than in winning. Suddenly the favorite became the hunted and ND wilted.

At the end of the day I will take UConn because we have Geno. Geno seems to have a special ability to get under Muffet's skin and that emotion will spill over into her team. IMO Geno seems to be able to turn it off and on while Muffet can't let it go.....a team feeds off its coach and if a coach is displaying negative emotions it will transfer over.
neither Geno nor Muffet will make a basket friday night

Reaction Score
I guess I don't understand. Most BY posters complain that there is too little interest/coverage of WCBB. Much of that is aimed at ESPN. Yet when a network tries to generate interest by promoting a rivalry (that may or may not exist) the very same people whine about it.
I would rather they promote the members of the teams and the quality of the game being played vs. some silly feuding between coaches. That is just background noise and dismisses the hard work that goes on and off the court to making these teams competitors and rivals. Let's shine the light on the players vs. the coaches.

Reaction Score
Geno knows what to say and when to say. Feeding into what went on wouldn't be productive for him, or the team. I bet he was fuming in his office the day after. But better to "go high" at this point.

Reaction Score
Lol I probably should, I was hoping that they would be the first game, hopefully are luck is better this year
Maybe if you called in sick and stayed home to watch the game you could turn the juju around..ever think of that!?

Reaction Score
neither Geno nor Muffet will make a basket friday night
So coaching doesn’t matter? Coaches help provide the motivation and focus for a team.

IMO earlier this year ND allowed UConn to get in their head and it kept them from playing their game. If a coach is angry and emotional his/her team will likely mimic those emotions in their play.

Muffet is a very good coach and probably realizes she didn’t have her team mentally prepared to play UConn last time..it will be interesting to see if ND comes in with a different mentality. That said, Geno is a master at gamesmanship and I think he really effects Muffet. Geno can be a really hard noise to block out...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom