UConn vs ND in the second game on Friday night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs ND in the second game on Friday night

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
ESPN folks picking Notre Dame. If our offensive arsenal is fully on display then our slight defensive advantage will give us the win. Can’t wait till Friday even though it’s way past my bedtime.

This is no big deal. Notre Dame was favored to win in our first meeting this year, and look what happened. It's a new game on Friday. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Some people are becoming a little unhinged over ND. Take a deep breath before posting, please. Let’s try to sound like adults in these threads

At this rate I hope the people who are stressing actually make it to Friday at 9:00 pm! :D

Reaction Score
Not surprised we are being viewed as the underdog. The Huskies have had consistency issues all season and it all depends on which team shows up. If they play like they did against Louisville I like their chances. If they play like they played against UCLA, not so much.

Personally, I like the underdog designation for the game. Gives them a chip on the shoulder and lowers expectations so they can play with more abandon (less pressure to win could mitigate the "choke" factor that some are concerned about after the past couple of final fours).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My drinking game will be to have one every time the ESPN people call the ND offense the best in the history of basketball. I agree that they are really good, and 10,000 points is very impressive. But let's not count Jessica's points from Nebraska.

I recall some other offenses that were really good--at Notre Dame, Stanford, and UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't believe Massey is a bookmaker so that's pure analytics. But he's close: At places where they accept wagers, ND opened at -2 1/2 and the total is 159 1/2.
You are correct! Massey does analytics to determine the projections. Vegas follows the money!! Let's see if a bunch of UCONN wagers might move the point spread.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
My drinking game will be to have one every time the ESPN people call the ND offense the best in the history of basketball. I agree that they are really good, and 10,000 points is very impressive. But let's not count Jessica's points from Nebraska.

I recall some other offenses that were really good--at Notre Dame, Stanford, and UConn.

Milford. As a former altar boy, I'll risk a ruler over my wrist by suggesting we get some church wine and hear Debbie Antonelli talk about the holy trinity of WCBB offense: UConn, Oregon and Notre Dame. And all three of them are in the Final Four. I've heard Deb, in particular, about loving Oregon's outside game; UConn's overall smoothness in the half-court and ND''s downhill approach on the break (Bonus shots for how often Charlie cites Jess Shepard's outlet passes :rolleyes:).

Better yet, bag the church wine, mute the programming network and enjoy your favorite refreshing adult beverage while mulling (pun intended) or watching coverage.

Reaction Score
We must be more aggressive this time around. Attack attack attack! This should be a great game

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Did a little research after our "favorite announcer" started with ND offense is the best ever. UConn holds the record for most points in a season at 3,481. ND is presently at 3,202. ND will not catch UConn in most points scored in a season. So our favorite is at it again. Same way she tried to hype ND with the number of players having 100 assists in a season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Drinking game: take a shot every time they show the last second shots from last year’s final four
Most people would be out cold before the game began.

5e97acfa381fa42cf416e1000790d1196c03c626daa80770e821ddb3cb4c267d.jpg

Reaction Score
If Doris were still broadcasting I'd take a drink every time she used the word "comport" in all its various forms.

Reaction Score
Did a little research after our "favorite announcer" started with ND offense is the best ever. UConn holds the record for most points in a season at 3,481. ND is presently at 3,202. ND will not catch UConn in most points scored in a season. So our favorite is at it again. Same way she tried to hype ND with the number of players having 100 assists in a season.

I'm pretty sure she says that because the starting 5 have over 10,000 career points total. No other starting 5 in men or women's basketball have that many total career points.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure she says that because the starting 5 have over 10,000 career points total. No other starting 5 in men or women's basketball have that many total career points.
And that likely includes 1,500 for Shepard at Nebraska. Should we count Victoria Vivians' 6,000 points from 7th to 12 grades?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom