UConn vs. MSU Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. MSU Game Thread

Reaction Score
I would love to be a fly on the wall during coach's halftime speech. I would come out in a 1-2-2 press for a few possessions then throw in a zone look, just to keep Miss St. off balance. We got this. Heart of a Champion right here. Our girls got this.

Reaction Score
Do they film the final episode of March to Madness if we lose? I hate playing quarters instead of halves. It's an advantage to the underdog when the give breaks in the game. They can focus on breaking the game into smaller pieces. I think with halves teams tend to panic because the game seems so much bigger.
Stop that! They ARE going to film it because we're NOT going to lose!

Reaction Score
We were not ready to play this game. Very disappointing. Hope we can pull it off but I wouldn't expect many calls to help us out of this hole.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some of you folks are acting like someone's going to come shoot your dog if UConn loses. This is the same team that struggled against Florida State and Tulane. They're young, which means inconsistencies and jitters. Just because they CAN dominate teams doesn't mean that they will play the same way every night.

Reaction Score
I know you guys hate this, but I think it is awesome. The game is competitive. See how much MS St has learned since last year? UConn looks mortal. I think that UConn will still pull it out as Geno is the master, but this is fun to watch for a non UConn homer. Welcome to how the rest of us wbb fans feel when watching our teams.

Reaction Score
Some of you folks are acting like someone's going to come shoot your dog if UConn loses. This is the same team that struggled against Florida State and Tulane. They're young, which means inconsistencies and jitters. Just because they CAN dominate teams doesn't mean that they will play the same way every night.
Well - IF we do lose the game; which is far from over, they'll remember it an entire summer and it'll be fuel for next year.

Reaction Score
I gave all the credit to their defense, they are the reason why Pheesa missed them chippies. Hope for the MOJO back in the second half.
Those of you think that we can go 200 streak think again because it's not good for the MOJO!!!!
We are DOOMED!!!!!

Reaction Score
Absolutely suffocating defense by miss. State. No passing lanes available, and unlike typical games, very few open shots for UConn. Hate to say it, but Miss. State looks much faster, and when the 6'7 girl returns, this is gonna get tougher. Hope Uconn can close the gap in 3rd quarter. I'm worried tonight, Miss. State wants revenge bad!

Reaction Score
To me, Gabby is carry them. She can't do it all. Offensive help nonexistent. Was there a defense? Did they force any turnovers? Steals? Love these kids, but they are getting run off the floor.

Reaction Score
I'm watching with the sound off. Somehow it's less painful that way.

Reaction Score
Out hustled for a whole half...I expect that to turn around in the 3rd quarter...
They are sleepwalking out there. No intensity. They are getting out worked in every phase. Too bad. Rarely see that.
Not one timeout
yeah, I thought Geno should haven got one early when they were down by 8-10 to get after them. Then when they crawled back to 6, he should have regrouped them bebsude they were pretty tattered.

Reaction Score
Hope it is Geno magic to let MS control tempo. No pressure on ball as we have seen him actually press teams of less caliber.
They take 10 off the shot clock every time down. Fear of fouls because of lack of depth has finally set in.

Reaction Score
MSU is playing inspired, hitting shots, hustling, etc. Give them credit so far; they believe. But there's a long way to go. We've missed some free throws, and a Phees had a couple rim out/bounce out. Could easily be a one possession game.

But it's not.

Yet.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To me, Gabby is carry them. She can't do it all. Offensive help nonexistent. Was there a defense? Did they force any turnovers? Steals? Love these kids, but they are getting run off the floor.
Saniya scored 9 points, drew a couple fouls, and played some pretty good D.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What is galling is that we are being killed on the boards. :mad::mad:MSU offensively is just average but we cant get our hands on the ball. Head bang

Reaction Score
I might not make the second half - I had a rough week and my eyes are closing..lol.
Maybe me not watching will help the MOJO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom