UConn vs. Mizzou game thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Mizzou game thread

Reaction Score
Witnessing most likely the second worse loss in UConn history. Here's the crazy thing. We never looked this slow and awful even in the transitional 1A years. There was the late in the year Temple after 9/11 that was a debacle. Other than that it's just amazing to me how 15 or so years into 1A and we're fielding Skip Holtz quality talent. It's so f Ing whacked

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
This is an disgusting effort by the D.

We are outmanned, but the ffort is pathetic. Unwatchable.

Summers needs to be replaced.

Reaction Score
First order of business is clean out the Defensive coaching staff. Intolerably bad. Nobody should be collecting pay checks for this schit show.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Witnessing most likely the second worse loss in UConn history. Here's the crazy thing. We never looked this slow and awful even in the transitional 1A years. There was the late in the year Temple after 9/11 that was a debacle. Other than that it's just amazing to me how 15 or so years into 1A and we're fielding Skip Holtz quality talent. It's so f Ing whacked
They are RKG's, size and speed don't matter.

Reaction Score
We gave this same school a dogfight in Mizzou 2 years ago and came within a play of winning or forcing OT. How badly did talent dissolve in 2 seasons?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Why are we snapping the ball so quickly? If we're just gonna 3 and out anyway, keep it on the ground and run the full 40. Mercy.

Reaction Score
We keep blaming the AAC. The AAC isn't killing Memphis, USF, UCF, Houston, Navy etc. We keep blaming the AAC last I checked this is a UConn problem.

I'm not blaming the AAC. I'm saying our fans aren't interested in the AAC. They don't give a damn about it and young people aren't learning to be rabid UConn fans because they aren't seeing the excitement that we saw growing up watching the Big East.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's ok, we aren't solving the attendance problem tonight. Bottom line, we need to put a good team on the field or we aren't going to have fans in the seats. We are in big trouble at this point. I'm really concerned that the fans aren't more supportive given the return of RE and an SEC opponent.

It's been a depressing week. We see that even a game against Missouri won't sell football tickets and we see that KO may not have found the special sauce in the off season. I'm not sure life in the AAC is going to work out for us. We are dying one fan at a time.

Wow, I thought things would change 360 in 7 months
Stupid me, I guess

JSMH

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is also why we better make damn sure the QB next year is not someone who a few fans admire but can't win games.

Are you blaming this on Shirreffs? Reducing him to "someone who a few fans admire?" Jesus, that's so misinformed it makes me wonder whether or not you're a serious account.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well Byron Jones and Obi .... over say Summers and and Terry

Jones was in the NFL then. Sophomore Summers with 8 picks is not the same guy as this year's Summers.

Reaction Score
Can someone turn the fochin welcome to the jungle music on 3rd down. A lot of good that has done over the last 6-7 years. How's that working for the Uconn D?????

Reaction Score
Jones was in the NFL then. Sophomore Summers with 8 picks is not the same guy as this year's Summers.

I tried to delete before that ... realized to late. O well we have who we have I guess. I had hope seeing the secondary play vs. Temple and hitting hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom