UConn Vs Liberty.. are we storming !? | The Boneyard

UConn Vs Liberty.. are we storming !?

Reaction Score
One Hundred Percent GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

Reaction Score
I prefer the act like you've been there before because we have been there before.
Uconn hasn't had a winning season in the last 11 years. Your fans have sat through some of the most brutal football played in recent memory, especially over the tenure of RE2. If you beat a ranked team to become bowl eligible on Saturday, you better rush the field or turn in your fan card.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I prefer the act like you've been there before because we have been there before.
I don't mind the idea of storming the field to celebrate the return to bowl eligibility after such a painful recent history.

What I do mind is doing it vs. Liberty. It's almost like if it were any other team, from a traditional power to a nobody, I'd be OK. But with Liberty, the mere thought that rushing the field were to be celebrating beating Liberty just rubs me all sorts of wrong.

Reaction Score
Great picture - It is hard to explain to anyone that wasn’t at this game how incredible it was.
The eclectic variety of jackets and sweatshirts and hats (none of which seem to be UConn)…. It’s hard to explain to anyone where it was lol.

Reaction Score
I just want to confirmation that if and hopefully when UConn pulls the upset this Saturday, we definitely storm the field, correct?!
With all do respect one must realize it is mostly students that would rush the field. The bulk of our fan base at this time is seniors and family folks toting children. The student section has only had a couple of games with a crowd and mostly gone in the fourth quarter.
Weather forecast is calling for rain all day at this point, not good conditions to expect a large student crowed.
Now should the parents always in attendance and the 23 students left want to storm the field, I see nothing wrong with it.
If I was much younger I would probably join in. ;)
What I do mind is doing it vs. Liberty. It's almost like if it were any other team, from a traditional power to a nobody, I'd be OK.
No attack but they are presently ranked 19th in the AP poll. Not sure we are sniffing that air, I give them a lot of respect. Some are chomping at the bit, it has been so long for some it does not matter who or where.

@ClifSpliffy You must have got a good batch this week you give a thumbs up to those in favor and another to those who are not.
Like....... wow man...... :D

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
With all do respect one must realize it is mostly students that would rush the field. The bulk of our fan base at this time is seniors and family folks toting children. The student section has only had a couple of games with a crowd and mostly gone in the fourth quarter.
Weather forecast is calling for rain all day at this point, not good conditions to expect a large student crowed.
Now should the parents always in attendance and the 23 students left want to storm the field, I see nothing wrong with it.
If I was much younger I would probably join in. ;)

No attack but they are presently ranked 19th in the AP poll. Not sure we are sniffing that air, I give them a lot of respect. Some are chomping at the bit, it has been so long for some it does not matter who or where.

@ClifSpliffy You must have got a good batch this week you give a thumbs up to those in favor and another to those who are not.
Like....... wow man...... :D
i don't have to agree with a post to respect it.
i like to encourage civil discourse. lol.

now, back over to the men's bb board as i have to keep track on who i am supposed to add to the 'i hate!' list this week. it's growingly long, and im kinda miffed that i let the office staff go home early today at 7 pm. also lol.

Reaction Score
In most cases Yes. However, no program has been the recipient of as many CR kicks to the crotch as this program has. I don't know if I would rush the field but if UCONN were to beat a ranked team at this juncture, after what it's been through, then a raucous celebration would certainly be well deserved.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My storming days are over but I will support others doing it for sure. I might even go on the field but no goalpost for me lol
That's where your buddy comes in to play!

Reaction Score
For a consistent Top 25 team, year in and year out, sure. I get that sentiment. Sadly, that's not UConn fball the past decade or so.

UConn fball has had some really difficult years. If they beat Liberty rush the field. Absolutely, no question at all. I'd be bummed if they didn't. Heck, you can declare that day a state holiday if they win that game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just want to confirmation that if and hopefully when UConn pulls the upset this Saturday, we definitely storm the field, correct?!
Most definitely... it signals a bowl bid... we pull that off it's a no brainer that a bowl will happen... It will also signal that UConn Football at the FBS level is back and here to stay...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom