UConn vs. DePaul post game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. DePaul post game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’ve gotta give it up for the underclassmen today. They gave valuable minutes that let Paige, Aaliyah, and Nika get lots of rest.

Amari! You could see her confidence growing as the game went on. Keep it up, kiddo!

I feel like when amari gets more than a few minutes and scores, she has a very much involved in the game

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Good game, pretty fun to watch. I agree with most of the posts, the last two on the bench came in and did what I hope everyone expects: play well, play defense and move the ball on offense. I unfortunately still expect more from Amari but I am trying to not do that...she contributed in positive way and I am glad.
Hoping that when I look tomorrow evening, that the replay will be on the Fox Sports app.

Reaction Score
I turned on the game in the 3rd Q, by which time it was more of a spirited scrimmage than a real game. Our bench crew looked pretty good. Q missed a FT to break the string of made FTs. The only miss of the game. I'm sure that her teammates will have let her know about it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A most enjoyable game. Finally playing at Gampel. This far into the season to play at Gampel. Inexcusable!!

Defense - outstanding. Continual pressure the whole game, well almost. Nika shuts down Peoples. Love it. Everybody eats!!!! After DePaul's early scoring, it was all over. 6 points in 23 seconds and another 12 - 0 run to close out the quarter. By halftime the game was over.

Most important was the bench getting significant minutes in the second half. Ice is getting there as is Q. Ines and Amari did well.

Next up Marquette.

Reaction Score
Geno’s Angels at the Dailey Planet!

SuperMühl
Captain Aaliy-ica
Flash Griffin
Duch Vader
The Inêsible Hulk
PattMan
Captain Amarvel
Hannibal Bueckers
Samurai
Slim Shady
Azzi the Vampire Slayer
The Ice Maiden
Jana Nirvana

GO BILLS!
We Are A Team On Fire

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
8FD4EAC1-8939-48D2-B77D-4B8CA164D256.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A most enjoyable game. Finally playing at Gampel. This far into the season to play at Gampel. Inexcusable!!

Defense - outstanding. Continual pressure the whole game, well almost. Nika shuts down Peoples. Love it. Everybody eats!!!! After DePaul's early scoring, it was all over. 6 points in 23 seconds and another 12 - 0 run to close out the quarter. By halftime the game was over.

Most important was the bench getting significant minutes in the second half. Ice is getting there as is Q. Ines and Amari did well.

Next up Marquette.
Just to be clear, this is not the 1st game at Gampel. I watched the Huskies dismantle MD at Gampel earlier this year. However, this was the first conference game at Gampel. I would like to see more games at Gampel, where the energy from the students is fantastic. But over the winter break, with no students on campus, UConn will draw much better in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Few Thoughts (long):
*Everybody Eats: every player who played contributed.
*A fun game to watch which was basically over by half time.
*DePaul is clearly not the team from years back. I would think that their best player (Peoples) would be maybe the 8th player in UConn's rotation (current active players).
*Paige: all world again. It is just a pure pleasure watching her do her thing. Offense with ridiculous efficiency, Defense with amazing anticipation and positioning, rebounding, passing. A complete (generational) basketball player!
*AE: unstoppable! DePaul tried containing her by trying to be physical with her and it did not work at all. She actually was fouled few more times that were not called.
*Ash: a real good game by her. Her 3-point accuracy was not there but everything else was nice! i love it that she started to drive to the basket more as when she gets to the free throw line it is automatic. 7 rebounds were really good. The only issue i had with her was shooting too early in the end of the 3rd quarter instead of holding the ball for 1 shot (which in this case because she shot too early, DePaul had an opportunity for a 3-point shot which they hit).
*Nika: her defensive job on Peoples was amazing! she took her completely out of the game. If I'm not mistaken, none of Peoples 8 points in this game, came when Nika was guarding her.
*KK: not a good game offensively but found the way to contribute in other areas (defense, rebounding, passing) which is exactly what you'd want from a player who feels it is not their day to score points.
*Ice: way too many turnovers. it was mentioned before that she needs to stop trying to dribble when she gets the ball close to the basket. Another thing is that she must learn to use the backboard when she shoots. Had some nice hustle plays but needs to play by moving her feet faster than react with her hands which causes her to foul a lot.
*Q: aside then shooting the ball from distance immediately upon entry to the game. had a decent game. she shows improvement on defense.
*Ines: the refs stole 2 points from her as there was nothing wrong with the layup which the refs decided was walking.
*Amari: now this is more of the Amari we want and need to see. Played under the basket and had some nice moves to score some points.
*FOG: Shade.
*Few things that didn't work well: what's up with the walking calls when KK or Ines start moving before dribbling. Way too many missed layups.
*Few thigs that work very well: suffocating defense, sharing the ball and the Free Throw shooting was unreal good.
*On to Marquette for a game that potentially can be challenging.

Reaction Score
Muhl on Peoples? Sorry about your luck Anaya. Zero points when guarded by Nika.

DePaul is a perfect example of a school that can’t compete with the transfer portal and NIL They just don’t have the talent to match up with UCONN.

I know Caitlin Clark is getting the national commercials and a media darling (and a great player) but I tend to think Paige is better. Paige is a little more consistent and more versatile.

Foul shooting has taken a noticeable upturn. The missed layup issue has returned at least for today.

There are probably some places that are comparable but the home atmosphere at UCONN is consistently the best in the country. A knowledgable, loud crowd that mostly stays until the end.

Ines didn't play great but wow does she have quick hands.
With more playing time.... we'll see " Ines of the quick hands" show more of her " stuff" . A great
team effort today.

Reaction Score
What a wonderful game for OUR GIRLS!
They play with such a love for the game and each other!
Everyone had a big hand in this victory!
As mentioned DePaul is a shell of what a DePaul team from the past was! I feel terrible for Doug Bruno, one of the most knowledgeable and classiest coaches around!
Ines and Amari are showing they can hold their own with more minutes!
Really important games coming up, Marquette, ND and SoCar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom