UCONN vs. C of C Box Score | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. C of C Box Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
LINK

Not the greatest line for MoJeff but I really liked her play today, and she can only learn by making some mistakes here and there. LOVED her attitude and drive on the court. She is quite a ways ahead of where I thought she would be this early in the season playing the PG position. I figured Stewie and Tuck would be contributing right away but Mo's progress has been a pleasant surprise.

Doty with another very efficient game.

Stewart: Not much more to say! Super efficient and huge impact all over the court.

KML: I like her starting; gets her in a rhythm which is important for her shot.

Great game!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I was very happy with most of Mo-JO play, her speed is breath-taking. She drove into traffic twice when she shouldn't have, but she'll learn.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I said it in the game thread, but Stef was quietly terrific. The final numbers support this: 11 points, 9 boards, 8 assists (only one TO), a steal, and two blocks??? I understand that line was against C of C, but I'd take that any day of the week.

As usual, Kelly's numbers didn't reflect her contributions. Just one example: there was a defensive possession where she chased someone along the baseline and under the basket, then circled back to the other side of the court to punch the ball out of a C of C player's hands and out of bounds. That kind of court coverage is not something you see every day.

Banks's presence/impact also seemed greater than her numbers.

Once Tuck got settled in, she was brilliant.

KML was really all over the court, and her stats reflect this. The 19 points is pretty average for her, but 8 boards, four assists (no TOs), and five steals? That's filling a stat sheet.

Breanna really impressed in first game. I get that she's capable of hitting threes, but with that kind of movement around the basket? She should spend more time closer to the basket than not.

Doty is absolutely stronger and moving better this season, which is terrific news.

Reaction Score
I was very happy with UCONN'S first game today. The freshmen were as good as advertised and they will only get better. The team as a whole played a very good game against an over matched opponent. Next Sunday will be the real test against a quality opponent in a hostile environment.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It looks like those who were convinced that Geno would not start a freshman were incorrect. BTW, Doty started for the injured Hartley, according to the announcers.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
As usual, Kelly's numbers didn't reflect her contributions.

I noticed another play where she poked the ball out the hand of the defender. The ball roiled out of bounds and CoC retained it, but it took a few seconds to roll out of bounds. The shot clock was down to 2, and the ball was at midcourt. They didn't hit the rim. Kelly didn't get credit for a turnover, but she caused it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It looks like those who were convinced that Geno would not start a freshman were incorrect. BTW, Doty started for the injured Hartley, according to the announcers.
Well we won't really know until everyone (i.e. Hartley) is healthy. But I wouldn't complain if Stewart keeps starting.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Explosive is an understatement. This team can put points up in bunches and fast. Breanna is one of a kind. She very well could be POY and FOY this season along with being a 1st team AA . I think when the seasons over and she gets better which is hard to imagine, she will be the best player in WCBB. She can score in alot of different ways and defensively she plays like a 5'7 guard. No matter what, Breanna is going to get her points and theres nothing a defender can do about it. Playing with this bunch Breanna as well as everybody else on the team can showcase their skills. I dont know if they could look this good playing for someone else. With the improvement of so many players Geno and his staff have earned the title greatest development coach in WCBB.

So how do you defend UConn? I dont think you can. You can try to slow the game down but their press will kill you. The High Low on defense is a killer and thats if you can break the press. They score so many points with so many options from so many players its unfair. Its early but this could very well be the best all round team Geno has every had and WCBB has ever seen. Your going to have to score over 80 pts to beat them and with an even much more potent defense then last season I dont see that happening.

As for the last 10 minutes putting up 8 points. That lineup didnt work. You bring players off the bench with balanced attack and not 4 post players and a guard and youve got something. Im finding it really hard to describe this team and what they can do. Its really exciting to watch them execute and watching a blow out isnt as tuff if you do. TAM the Paradise Jam and the MD game are going to send a message to all WCBB teams.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
What I loved was the play where there was a steal on CC court, I think that it was MoJeff who dove to the floor, grabbed and threw the ball down court to Kelly before being trampled by CC, who then took a lay up falling to the floor in a somersault. That play was something and illustrates to me the heart of this team....If I have the players wrong let me know, but I think that it was Moriah and Kelly

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Silly! Geno would start BOTH Caroline and Bria.......we said that he would't start the freshman unless there were injuries....and there are.....

Remember: Both Diana and Maya didn't start (until injuries forced the start for Maya)
Kaleena - high scorer for the team last year - didn't start....

Reaction Score
What I loved was the play where there was a steal on CC court, I think that it was MoJeff who dove to the floor, grabbed and threw the ball down court to Kelly before being trampled by CC, who then took a lay up falling to the floor in a somersault. That play was something and illustrates to me the heart of this team....If I have the players wrong let me know, but I think that it was Moriah and Kelly

That was a super play...I'm starting to see a group of players that all seem to want to be Kelly Faris...now that's a dream come true!

Reaction Score

I think you got in right. It was a spectacular finish by Kelly especially the somersault finish. The crowd roared on that play. I thought for sure it would be the "Muscle" play of the game or whatever they call it, but it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom