Uconn vs bc-2k | The Boneyard

Uconn vs bc-2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Official opening game. This will not be tolerated. Fire warde Manuel.

Reaction Score
Good, we get to pad our stats.

Here's a shock for you too. UConn will supposedly schedule BC in football soon.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Good, we get to pad our stats.

Here's a shock for you too. UConn will supposedly schedule BC in football soon.

And if that happens then bball games are fine. But until then they are not.

Bc bball is nit or possible bubble worthy next year. In the acc its top heavy so they could get a 7th place type year in them and make the ncaas. I think we will handle them but it will be a competitive game not the bc of the past 5 years FYI.

Until we profit of there fball team they should not profit off our bball team. That's my stance.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Are u that silly? Uconn is a big draw for the 2k. They drool over getting a uconn or Cuse in MSG for that. When we sign up we can control playing a bc or not. If bc is for sure it it. Fine, switch teams so we open with another. We just signed up and let bc sneak in and didn't protect ourselves from it. Lazy ad...

Reaction Score
i don't agree with you on this one at all. Maybe the AD is looking to mend relationships that have hampered us in the conference situation, or maybe he is looking to rekindle regional rivalries after losing all of our existing rivalries to conference realignment, or maybe 2k doesn't give a hoot about who UConn wants to play and picks what they feel will deliver the best ratings for each round. In no way do I feel it rational to describe WM as lazy because UConn is playing BC in a nationally televised preseason tournament hosted in MSG.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Pre season tneys are for fans to travel with teams to places. It's a hardcore fanbase thing. The top schools have 5 year rotations because Maui puts them on lock down once every 5 years. We are one of those schools. The other 4 years we should be doing Atlantis, Disney and then pick a few more. MSG I'd down the road from us. It's not a trip for the fans. We can call Sju up and play them occ if you really need a MSG game. He'll were playing md at Barclays which is another story. This was a lazy attempt tney wise. There are much better ones to go to. Indiana? For that fan base its a tip to the city for a couple days. Not for us. Warde saw a easy opening and grabbed it. Lazy. Vs finding a trip to be made. The 2k is trying to sell tickets and get good tv matchups. Uconn fits that both because a local team will sell tix and that were a power program eye ball wise. We're a good get for 2k. That doesn't mean we need to do that for them. This ain't a charity. We need to look out for uconn because right now no one else is and we're left out.

Reaction Score
Official opening game. This will not be tolerated. Fire warde Manuel.

What's not to like about playing Indiana in the finals of a tourney at MSG? This is the best schedule we've had in years, and it's great that we are playing several games in NYC (MSG + Barclays)

Reaction Score
Pre season tneys are for fans to travel with teams to places. It's a hardcore fanbase thing. The top schools have 5 year rotations because Maui puts them on lock down once every 5 years. We are one of those schools. The other 4 years we should be doing Atlantis, Disney and then pick a few more. MSG I'd down the road from us. It's not a trip for the fans. We can call Sju up and play them occ if you really need a MSG game. He'll were playing md at Barclays which is another story. This was a lazy attempt tney wise. There are much better ones to go to. Indiana? For that fan base its a tip to the city for a couple days. Not for us. Warde saw a easy opening and grabbed it. Lazy. Vs finding a trip to be made. The 2k is trying to sell tickets and get good tv matchups. Uconn fits that both because a local team will sell tix and that were a power program eye ball wise. We're a good get for 2k. That doesn't mean we need to do that for them. This ain't a charity. We need to look out for uconn because right now no one else is and we're left out.
I think if Warde Manuel donated a years salary to homeless orphans you would crap on his decision at this point. If WM decided to take the team to the bahamas or Disney, you would be complaining that we aren't playing in MSG this year because Warde wanted to eat donuts in warm weather. Not everything the guy does is wrong.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think if Warde Manuel donated a years salary to homeless orphans you would crap on his decision at this point. If WM decided to take the team to the bahamas or Disney, you would be complaining that we aren't playing in MSG this year because Warde wanted to eat donuts in warm weather. Not everything the guy does is wrong.

You couldn't be more wrong. I give warde his due when he does good things. If u look up the thread here where we find out the fl series for example I applaud warde for it. When I see good things I give him his props. But I don't see many good things. Ppl here are all caught up with being left out and just taking things. For what they are with the leadership trusting it will get better.

Well how did that work out for u last time u trusted leadership at uconn?

It goes deep at uconn with the small bball school ways of decisions being made. I'm talking not members type ppl in positions who don't get it. It's deep and it sucks.

Reaction Score
UConn was playing BC in this tournament no matter what. We were not going to play IU in the semis because that game is suppose to happen in the championship. We were not going to play UW in the semis because we may be playing at their place this season. So BC was the only alternative, period, end of story.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The why oh god why would we ever sign up on our own for a game vs bc? Just throwing the past 20 years out the window for nothing?

Reaction Score
The 2k is trying to sell tickets and get good tv matchups. Uconn fits that both because a local team will sell tix and that were a power program eye ball wise. We're a good get for 2k. That doesn't mean we need to do that for them. This ain't a charity. We need to look out for uconn because right now no one else is and we're left out.

Actually it is a " charity"...

"The 2K Sports Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project is the nation's premier season-opening college basketball tournament. Twelve teams from across the nation will compete in the event with four of the top teams in the country serving as regional hosts. Regional Round action takes place from Nov. 14-17 with the four hosts advancing to the Championship Rounds, Nov. 21-22, at New York's Madison Square Garden. The remainder of the field will participate in a round-robin series at one of two subregional sites. Thus, every participating team is guaranteed four games"

Your position is that we really should have turned down the invite to play or refused to play if they scheduled us against BCU?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Actually it is a " charity"...

"The 2K Sports Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project is the nation's premier season-opening college basketball tournament. Twelve teams from across the nation will compete in the event with four of the top teams in the country serving as regional hosts. Regional Round action takes place from Nov. 14-17 with the four hosts advancing to the Championship Rounds, Nov. 21-22, at New York's Madison Square Garden. The remainder of the field will participate in a round-robin series at one of two subregional sites. Thus, every participating team is guaranteed four games"

Your position is that we really should have turned down the invite to play or refused to play if they scheduled us against BCU?

I think you took my charity comments the wrong way. The 2k is a fine event and I do support our troops and wwp. Don't make me out for some villan.

What I was saying was that bc gets a lot of brand exposure off playing us in that game. We don't get the same benefit playing bc. I feel that bc doesn't deserve our bump when we are getting nothing back in return from them. It's a personal uconn vs bc issue. Not the 2k. That's all.

No matter who we play I'm going to be made we couldn't go away vs MSG. But the bc aspect of it makes it intolerable to me. Tell me were playing LSU and then the winner of Indy uw and I would say wish we went away somewhere. Lazy easy game to get when your uconn and th 2k is what it is. But it tolerable. Bc is not unless we're also getting some type of benefit. I feel that we're just giving away our life's to a bc charity basically.

What's best for uconn may not be best for others. 2k is a nice thing. Letting bc profit or power because of uconn for charity is not good for uconn in any way.

Reaction Score
I think you took my charity comments the wrong way. The 2k is a fine event and I do support our troops and wwp. Don't make me out for some villan.

What I was saying was that bc gets a lot of brand exposure off playing us in that game. We don't get the same benefit playing bc. I feel that bc doesn't deserve our bump when we are getting nothing back in return from them. It's a personal uconn vs bc issue. Not the 2k. That's all.

No matter who we play I'm going to be made we couldn't go away vs MSG. But the bc aspect of it makes it intolerable to me. Tell me were playing LSU and then the winner of Indy uw and I would say wish we went away somewhere. Lazy easy game to get when your uconn and th 2k is what it is. But it tolerable. Bc is not unless we're also getting some type of benefit. I feel that we're just giving away our life's to a bc charity basically.

What's best for uconn may not be best for others. 2k is a nice thing. Letting bc profit or power because of uconn for charity is not good for uconn in any way.

Nice recovery on the charity aspect :p

You really didn't answer the question tho... Your position is that we really should have turned down the invite to play because the game is @ MSG or refused to play if they scheduled us against BCU?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nice recovery on the charity aspect :p

You really didn't answer the question tho... Your position is that we really should have turned down the invite to play because the game is @ MSG or refused to play if they scheduled us against BCU?

I think we should have looked elsewhere for a tney away from home. To close, not a tney vacation. What will happen is any fans we have that are going to do uconn NYC games will do this and not the Barclays. Just builds on top of other reasons not to do Barclays.

I would not do it on the basis of bc alone.

Many teams turn down invites every year. Aggressive ads go to the best they'd and try to establish relationships for a 5 year rotation. We have that with Maui and now Atlantis hopefully. The 2k shouldn't need to be in play. We should of had a Disney or Cali tney on tap. I get that it's more of the old ads fault. That's why I said early its tolerable considering the situation. But the bc aspect of it is not to me. F bc.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think we should have looked elsewhere for a tney away from home. To close, not a tney vacation. What will happen is any fans we have that are going to do uconn NYC games will do this and not the Barclays. Just builds on top of other reasons not to do Barclays.

Many teams turn down invites every year. Aggressive ads go to the best they'd and try to establish relationships for a 5 year rotation. We have that with Maui and now Atlantis hopefully. The 2k shouldn't need to be in play. We should of had a Disney or Cali tney on tap. I get that it's more of the old ads fault. That's why I said early its tolerable considering the situation. But the bc aspect of it is not to me. F bc.

So, don't do what's in the overall interest in the program because of pettiness?

Reaction Score
I hate bc. Hope olle does not pull the starter in the 1st half when we are up by 40

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There's no guarantees, but with a new president and AD at UConn, and a new AD at BCU this could be the beginning of the process to get a football game scheduled which is why I think we agreed to a one-off. I get that people would rather not have UConn stick itself out for this game, but I think the risk of BCU getting benefit from the exposure is way overblown. It's different than in football, for bball pretty much the only way lesser schools can get juice is from knocking a higher seed off in the NCAA tourney in the sweet 16, even an opening round upset is forgotten about quickly. If you think BCU bball will get any lasting bump from playing UConn, I think you underestimate how far their program has fallen since O'Brien left. Having said that, if we were to schedule a yearly bball series without a fball series, then I would agree Warde should be sent on a one-way flight to the Caribbean.

Reaction Score

Your stance on Warde Manual is beyond strange and ridiculous. You went from a good poster to a psychopath HFD, wtf????

Reaction Score
I think whooping a duo of ACC teams in NYC to start the year will be great. Toss in a B1G team and a PAC team and it can't get much better.

Reaction Score
What if these 4 teams don't come out of their "region?"

These four still play in NYC regardless of what happens in their "region". I think it's to avoid a situation like what happened a few years ago when Kentucky lost to a mid-major, and that team ended up playing in the Garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom