UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel like we should make a drinking game out of BY random Ollie references. I don't disagree with your point that the last two years were painful. That said the Cuse MSG game was electric. The fun is back, people should go to games and feel it for themselves.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
IMO it doesn't honestly surprise me at all that the crowds haven't been this good for the early games and for the upcoming Arizona game. This is what happens when you play a lot of cupcake games early on in the year. When you schedule UMASS Lowell, UNH and UMKC as home games, that isn't going to interest a lot of people to go watch a 20+ point blowout. Arizona isn't even ranked this year and doesn't have the usual stud roster/recruiting class this year. You are going to only get a crowd to come when there are great players/teams involved. Coming from a working in sports background this is very common.
You're right. Those should be away games. At least last year, the scores of those games would have been closer. Maybe losses. :rolleyes: Pay no mind to the fact that the basketball would have stunk on ice, but hey, UConn would have at least played down to their competition.

Rare is the top 50 team who does not pad their non-tournament early OOC schedule.

Reaction Score
We literally had two people in the thread say tickets are too expensive and it's nicer to stay home and watch on tv. Weekend game, elite program in town, $15 tickets. What's your excuse?

I don't have an excuse. I'm going. At least I can count on you to hold down the fort in the chat room.

Reaction Score
If anyone is looking to offload lower level tickets please DM me. I would love to go but I prefer to sit on my couch over nose bleeds.

Reaction Score
$6 Two Roads tall boys is the move, behind 107

i was gonna post this as well -- after years of paying $9 for plastic cups of beer at XL, this kinda blew my mind.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Are people really bltching about ticket prices for this game?

“No one goes to the games, the seats are empty.”

“For the Arizona game tickets are going for $15-$20 dollars. It’s on a Sunday afternoon and the jets and Giants suck.”

“Nah. I’d rather sit at home.”

And repeat

Reaction Score
The bar area behind 107 is an awesome spot. I’d guess Saturday had around 150-200 people packed in there the whole game.

The move for those upset about ticket prices is to buy a $15 ticket, get to the bar area early and grab a stool with a good few of the game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
How can you complain about attendance after the last 2 seasons we just had? We win this game we’re 7-1 and in a really good spot. That’s all that matters.

Just win and the fans will come. Just don’t overprice tickets for the product on the court. This isn’t the 96’ Bulls.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Part of the problem is that too many of the people who have lower section seats do not show up which is why supply is so short and the tickets are over priced for the ones available. They absolutely need to lower the prices for the lower half of the upper section though. Those tickets do not sell because they are way overpriced imo. I would also just give away student section tickets to kids who want to come. There are a lot of kids would come if the tickets were given away and it would create a much better atmosphere.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's a great deal honestly, I'm shocked
i was gonna post this as well -- after years of paying $9 for plastic cups of beer at XL, this kinda blew my mind.

I still think its a typo. But this MHOC season ticket holder in 107 is a fan. :)

Reaction Score
BTW I have 2 if someone needs them. Will be in AC Saturday night and won't be able to get back on time.

Reaction Score
I guess I am part of the problem. Alum and love all Uconn sports. Even though I can get a cheap ticket I refuse to sit in the top portion of the upper levels of the XL. I get to several games a year with better seats and it’s great but the seats they sell for 15 bucks really suck IMO and just being in the building is not worth the crappy view.

However the suggestion of getting to the bar is a good one. What time do doors open and is there a big crowd that tries this move?

Reaction Score
I would recommend to get there early on Sunday anyway. The security lines to enter the building took about 5 extra minutes even at the new hampshire game and this game will obviously be much more packed....but the security line isn't as rough as it was at MSG for the Syracuse game where the wait was about 20 minutes and they weren't far from having me bend over, spread em' and cough.

Reaction Score
I guess I am part of the problem. Alum and love all Uconn sports. Even though I can get a cheap ticket I refuse to sit in the top portion of the upper levels of the XL. I get to several games a year with better seats and it’s great but the seats they sell for 15 bucks really suck IMO and just being in the building is not worth the crappy view.

However the suggestion of getting to the bar is a good one. What time do doors open and is there a big crowd that tries this move?
Obviously this is a matter of personal preference but for a big game with an actual atmosphere you get into the building however you can. Just record the game and watch it sober the next day or when you get home. I think it's crazy to expect 15 dollar tickets for a lower bowl seat in a game against Arizona.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom