UConn Villanova series in the works | The Boneyard

UConn Villanova series in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe that UMass and Rhode Island are available.
UConn needs high profile games. URI & UMass haven't won an NCAA tourney game in years.
That's probably why they are available.

Reaction Score
So we have a deal with G-Town.
Cuse and Nova in the works.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I don't think Cuse is really in the works. They wouldn't even play our women's team, in Syracuse. That program is Scurred, capital S Scurred.

Reaction Score
Very happy to see us putting together games with former conference foes. It's a win/win. As the "P5" continues to try to shut everyone else out, it'll be critical to schedule with the Big East teams.

Reaction Score

And Jamie Dixon claimed several weeks back that Pitt was close to announcing something with both Uconn and Georgetown.

Having said that, I'm sure we're in "talks" with a whole bunch of teams, but that doesn't mean anything is imminent.

Reaction Score
I don't think Cuse is really in the works. They wouldn't even play our women's team, in Syracuse. That program is Scurred, capital S Scurred.

There were multiple reports a few months ago that UCONN/SU is beng worked on. We'll see.

Reaction Score
would love this, had a blast the last time we played ! Haven't seen much on 'Cuse.. would love that as well.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
There were multiple reports a few months ago that UCONN/SU is beng worked on. We'll see.

I hope you are right, I was recalling Fishy saying that neutral site football was more likely than basketball.

Reaction Score
There should just be an early season tournament called "The Classic Big East Classic", played at MSG and featuring a field of teams that were at one point in the old Big East. None of this Creighton business

Reaction Score
There should just be an early season tournament called "The Classic Big East Classic", played at MSG and featuring a field of teams that were at one point in the old Big East. None of this Creighton business

why not just hand over the trophy to us from the beginning

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Or maybe a tournament after the regular season is over, where UConn, Georgetown, Syracuse and the rest get together at Madison Square Garden to vie for regional supremacy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No point in scheduling Syracuse. We'd just have to get a replacement after they get the death penalty.

Reaction Score
I believe that UMass and Rhode Island are available.
Nothing like equating those two teams with a one that earned a #2 seed in last year's NCAA tournament and is currently ranked #12.

Reaction Score
Very happy to see us putting together games with former conference foes. It's a win/win. As the "P5" continues to try to shut everyone else out, it'll be critical to schedule with the Big East teams.

I agree, it seems like we are the new SMU and I am starting to have doubts about our future.

Reaction Score
Be great to play in Philly in the years that Temple is at UConn.

Reaction Score

UConn, Syracuse, West Virgina and Pitt. The BE Classic.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I wish we could just be an independent, like Notre Dame was in Football, but obviously that won't actually work in hoops. It would be a lot more fun to schedule games against the best teams in the country, then have to play 18 AAC games. Patience is a virtue though. The conference reallingment dance has not ended, there is just a brief intermission between awful song choices.

Reaction Score
They are however in a better hoops conference.
It's debatable as to whether the A-10 is better than the AAC. But, given the competition in the AAC, the very reason UConn shouldn't schedule UMASS or Rhody is because those two aren't even the highest profile teams in that mediocre conference.
If UConn wants to keep it's RPI up it needs to play the Duke's, Fla's, Stanford's, and Texas teams. Not UMass & Rhody.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There should just be an early season tournament called "The Classic Big East Classic", played at MSG and featuring a field of teams that were at one point in the old Big East. None of this St John's business

Corrected.

pj

Reaction Score
If UConn wants to keep it's RPI up it needs to play the Duke's, Fla's, Stanford's, and Texas teams. Not UMass & Rhody.

The best way to get a high RPI is to schedule the mediocre teams in the ACC, B1G, and Big XII, plus the champions of the weaker conferences. With mediocre P5 opponents, you get a win and the opponent's opponents' record is very good; with weak conference champions, you get a win and the opponent's record is very good.

Duke, Florida, Stanford, and Texas are good for TV attention and recruiting, and for competition for the players to test themselves against strong opponents. They're only OK for RPI.

Reaction Score
The best way to get a high RPI is to schedule the mediocre teams in the ACC, B1G, and Big XII, plus the champions of the weaker conferences. With mediocre P5 opponents, you get a win and the opponent's opponents' record is very good; with weak conference champions, you get a win and the opponent's record is very good.

Duke, Florida, Stanford, and Texas are good for TV attention and recruiting, and for competition for the players to test themselves against strong opponents. They're only OK for RPI.
We could fill the games currently scheduled with Bryant, CCSU, Yale and Coppin State with old BE schools and still play 4 P5 teams. It would rally help our RPI , fan interest and keep traveling to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom