UConn v. Vermont Catamounts @Gutterson Fieldhouse (Friday 11/3/23 @7p & Saturday 11/4/23 @6p). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Vermont Catamounts @Gutterson Fieldhouse (Friday 11/3/23 @7p & Saturday 11/4/23 @6p). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
80 shots on goal in the last two games, one goal! Disgraceful. The lack of team speed is sooooo visible in person. We don’t get outhustled for 50-50 pucks, we get outskated. The talent is lacking, and there is no Tverberg, Evans, Letunov, et al to turn on the jets to grab a wayward puck. We are a team of (small and slow) muckers.

Power Play? Ha!

If we lose tomorrow and next Friday vs Merrimack, watch attendance plummet.

Reaction Score
How many years does Cavs contract run for?
He signed a 6 year $3.58 million contract in June of 2022.

He has 4 more years following this season.

No one is buying out that contract anytime soon and this program is going to suffer accordingly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How do you play and recruit better out of a shed as opposed to practicing, playing and recruiting with a $75 million dollar facility?

Reaction Score
UConn has scored 1 goal or fewer in 55.5% of their games
This is what gets me. If you need your goalie to pitch a shutout every game to even have a chance, something is very wrong.

Reaction Score
How many years does Cavs contract run for?
Sadly 6 - DB panicked I guess. I don't think he knows a lot about hockey and Cav is likeable and a good recruiter. But he is not a dynamic, inspirational lead guy.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How do you play and recruit better out of a shed as opposed to practicing, playing and recruiting with a $75 million dollar facility?
It has a six-figure shooting room with advanced technology

Can’t tell!

Reaction Score
Consider that we are 13-15-1 since last Thanksgiving. This includes 2 wins over LIU.

We are regressing at an alarming rate. Cav grouses about NIL money. God he is out of touch. Does UML, HC, VT, MC etc have a lot of NIL. That particular complaint angers me most.

$600k+ per puts the onus him - nobody else...

Reaction Score
It has become a convenient excuse for coaches now when their programs are underperforming. For the longest time it was facilities then that gets solved and now it’s NIL. Not all these hockey easy teams are flush with NIL money but there is one that can’t score to save its life. Take out last nights meaningless goal and the 6-4 against UML and you could be looking at easily two more shutouts….

Reaction Score
Sadly 6 - DB panicked I guess. I don't think he knows a lot about hockey and Cav is likeable and a good recruiter. But he is not a dynamic, inspirational lead guy.
They signed him at what looks now to be the peak of the program too. Coming off a final of the Hockey East Championship with a new barn set to open later in the year and the program's top recruit in its history coming to campus in September. All the pieces were coming together for the program. AD David Benedict was right to give him a new contract, especially with the BC job open. Losing Joe Pereria was a huge blow for the program I think he's an excellent recruiter and a guy that players respond well to.

Reaction Score
Wood (3 goals) has scored 1 goal since the first weekend.

Besides the 10/21 Union game, the 3rd and 4th lines have scored 0 goals in 8 games.

Schandor has 0 goals.

Outside of the Saturday Union game and besides Salminen, Wood, Bradley, and Richard, 1 forward (Percival) has scored a goal (empty net in the first game of the season).

Reaction Score
They signed him at what looks now to be the peak of the program too. Coming off a final of the Hockey East Championship with a new barn set to open later in the year and the program's top recruit in its history coming to campus in September. All the pieces were coming together for the program. AD David Benedict was right to give him a new contract, especially with the BC job open. Losing Joe Pereria was a huge blow for the program I think he's an excellent recruiter and a guy that players respond well to.

Some valid points - however we are in year 11 and it has been 1 step forward and 2 steps back...
I guess one trip to Boston in 11 years gets you $6.58m for 6 years?

Reaction Score
Some valid points - however we are in year 11 and it has been 1 step forward and 2 steps back...
I guess one trip to Boston in 11 years gets you $6.58m for 6 years?
Like many things in life - it’s all about timing.

Reaction Score
Cav and his coaching staff suck. The recruiting sucks, the power play sucks, the offense sucks, the team speed sucks. There is not a single player on this team who is better than last season. Not one.

These are the results after 11 seasons from the one of the highest paid coaches in the country.

They are the worst team in Hockey East.

Cavanaugh out
Wow, that’s a little harsh.

Reaction Score
UConn will be ok. Hockey East is a tough league. UConn just needs to keep grinding It will all workout. Just enjoy watching all the talent in this league. Win or lose, it’s just nice to be able to watch some good hockey.

Reaction Score
UConn will be ok. Hockey East is a tough league. UConn just needs to keep grinding It will all workout. Just enjoy watching all the talent in this league. Win or lose, it’s just nice to be able to watch some good hockey.
Hockey East is a great conference. It is great to see the competition. But UConn doesn't commit to a sport to be mediocre at best. That's where we are now. The investment has been made and the coach is very well paid. (This ain't Atlantic Hockey!) We rightfully expect more. Husky fans are not casual observers who are ho-hum about results.

So respectfully we are not expecting too much - Cavanaugh has to wake up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom