UConn v. USF @ J.O.C. (Fri. 5/10 @ *3p*, *Sat. 5/11 > Double Header Gm 1 @ 11a/Gm 2 @ 2:45*) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn v. USF @ J.O.C. (Fri. 5/10 @ *3p*, *Sat. 5/11 > Double Header Gm 1 @ 11a/Gm 2 @ 2:45*)

Reaction Score
I miss @Stainmaster as well, as he always had some good stuff to post around here.

I don't miss all the drama between posters. I regret any contribution today on my part that helped bring it on in this thread.
Come on dbmill, you have to agree that we have all acted like adults the entire season and then the 22 year old pimple face punk finally shows up hiding behind a screen and comes on here and starts his usual personal attacks on posters. It is only him who starts trouble. I don't post much on the other boards, but I do view them and I noticed it is a pattern with Stain that he does this same thing to others on those boards. Sure we criticize the team and the coach, that's what this board is for. Stain's game is to attach the other posters personally. Big difference. That's the reason I didn't post the first 10-15 games, I didn't feel like dealing with him, he is just nauseating.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Come on dbmill, you have to agree that we have all acted like adults the entire season and then the 22 year old pimple face punk finally shows up hiding behind a screen and comes on here and starts his usual personal attacks on posters. It is only him who starts trouble. I don't post much on the other boards, but I do view them and I noticed it is a pattern with Stain that he does this same thing to others on those boards. Sure we criticize the team and the coach, that's what this board is for. Stain's game is to attach the other posters personally. Big difference. That's the reason I didn't post the first 10-15 games, I didn't feel like dealing with him, he is just nauseating.

You call your whining and complaining about every little miscue acting like an adult? That’s not how adults act.

You still haven’t answered my initial question. Following this team seems like it makes you incredibly miserable. What compels you to still do so? If something was this aggravating and infuriating to me, I’d cut it out of my life and spend my time on other things.

For what it’s worth, my skin is actually pretty clear.

Reaction Score
I really wish this team had a coach with your grasp of the sport and impeccable ability to come to the right decision at any point in a game. They’d certainly be in a much better position than they are now - that is, if you didn’t cut everyone from the roster after the first weekend.
What player have I talked about cutting? Just because we say guys need to be more patient or swing level doesn't make us experts of the game, just people who have played the game and understand the basics you learned in little league. Yes, we often post when we are frustrated, but you act like we hate the team rather than us wanting the team to perform better than they have, especially of late. We have the right as fans and alum to expect and want better and there's nothing wrong with that. Sorry you don't agree, but please keep your personal attacks to yourself, I can read them, unlike any player or coach on the team of my posts. I do post positive posts as well when the play calls for it.

Reaction Score
You call your whining and complaining about every little miscue acting like an adult? That’s not how adults act.

You still haven’t answered my initial question. Following this team seems like it makes you incredibly miserable. What compels you to still do so? If something was this aggravating and infuriating to me, I’d cut it out of my life and spend my time on other things.

For what it’s worth, my skin is actually pretty clear.
The team brings great joy. Just because they have played like crap offensively the past few weekends and several of us have posted our frustrations doesn't prove anything otherwise. How can I tell Football and Basketball season are over. No one to attack on those boards?

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that anyone posting in UConn Baseball threads is at least somewhat invested in the program and that is a great thing for UConn Baseball.

Hopefully we can all recognize this and move forward without getting too ugly.

Reaction Score
Obviously everyone here is invested in UConn baseball. Could I do without 27 reminders per game that UConn swings uppercut too much? Of course, but everyone has their own way to root I guess

Reaction Score
This ones for stain and I guess what he wants to hear.
Even though we scored 7 runs over 3 games and lost 2 out of 3 at home to a crappy USF team, left one of our better relievers on the bench while we watched the lead vanish and probably just threw a tournament bid out the window, who cares, we competed hard and played the game the right way and oh by the way who cares because I'll just go watch either UGA or Ga Tech play in a regional.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
This ones for stain and I guess what he wants to hear.
Even though we scored 7 runs over 3 games and lost 2 out of 3 at home to a crappy USF team, left one of our better relievers on the bench while we watched the lead vanish and probably just threw a tournament bid out the window, who cares, we competed hard and played the game the right way and oh by the way who cares because I'll just go watch either UGA or Ga Tech play in a regional.

Jackets are frauds. They don't have any pitching depth. If UConn somehow turns things around I want to be in their regional.

Reaction Score
I appear to be the only one, but I'm not particularly worried about us getting an at large bid

Reaction Score
Jackets are frauds. They don't have any pitching depth. If UConn somehow turns things around I want to be in their regional.
Me too. I'll take Athens or Atlanta. Much work to do however.

Reaction Score
Penders? Is that you?
No, I'm much smarter.

But jokes aside, barring a total collapse where we lose 2 next weekend and get swept out of the AAC tournament we'll be fine

Reaction Score
Seems we needed a few Mothers to step on this playground and insure we all played nice.

Reaction Score
No, I'm much smarter.

But jokes aside, barring a total collapse where we lose 2 next weekend and get swept out of the AAC tournament we'll be fine

Winning 2 at Tulane will not be easy. Also, part of winning this series was getting into a better position for the 2/3 seed for the conference tourney. There is a lot of work to be done.

Reaction Score
Winning 2 at Tulane will not be easy. Also, part of winning this series was getting into a better position for the 2/3 seed for the conference tourney. There is a lot of work to be done.
Certainly not trying to say this weekend was a good result. I just don't see it as needing to do much, as long as we hold serve I think we'll be fine

Reaction Score
Certainly not trying to say this weekend was a good result. I just don't see it as needing to do much, as long as we hold serve I think we'll be fine

.500 in the AAC is a key marker. Also UConn's RPI this weekend took a big whack, and that was UConn's big calling card for an at large bid. Winning the Tulane series on the road would do a lot of good on both counts. A sweep would be a big help, but even if UConn were playing well that would be a tough thing to get. Sweeps just don't happen all that often. No matter what, next weekend is going to be a difficult series for UConn, even if the team was playing a lot better.

Reaction Score

Nice little video, with the voice of P.A. announcer Ed Weyant at the festivities. I'll be hearing plenty of Ed in another month and a half, as he is also the P.A. announcer for the Connecticut Tigers here in Norwich. It's hard to avoid him when you have season tickets, so he is a bit of the voice of summer for us.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well this thread turned into a mens basketball off track thread
Too bad because I come to the baseball/soccer area to have some calm and meaningful discussion
Stain has his opinions and Hawk has his let's all play nice on this thread
As far as the guy with an A calling people jerkoffs - JSMH

Too bad UConn decided to leave their bats home again - it has happened at the most inopportune time this year - too many youngsters but its time for this team to suck it up or this season will end rather quickly and sadly. C'mon Dawgs let's get it together

Reaction Score
I really liked the comment from Penders’ mom:

>>“But I will say I’m looking forward to a seat with a back and a toilet. I said before I’m 75, could I have a toilet? I’ve used the Porta-Potty here enough.”<<

An excellent quote to end a column on the last games at JO Christian Field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom