UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional 6/1 @ Noon on ESPN3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional 6/1 @ Noon on ESPN3

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a line-up from those other Huskies yet. Have they said they're throwing DeMers?

Reaction Score
Those are great pitching stats from both starters. Especially the batting averages against. Need to pick up runs where you have opportunities as opposed to all the wasted opportunities last weekend.

Reaction Score
While I'm of the school of thought that the second game is more important than the first game (either a chance to beat the no. 1 seed or stave off elimination), I certainly don't begrudge the move to start Feole in this game. This is doubly true since Washington is throwing their top dog, so we need to mitigate that advantage by throwing ours.

I loved how it worked out in 2016 with Cate throwing against GT and saving Kay for the second game (and then we were SO close to beating Florida!) but I don't think this season with Cate not 100% we have a 1-2 punch capable of the same formula.

Reaction Score
While I'm of the school of thought that the second game is more important than the first game (either a chance to beat the no. 1 seed or stave off elimination), I certainly don't begrudge the move to start Feole in this game. This is doubly true since Washington is throwing their top dog, so we need to mitigate that advantage by throwing ours.

I loved how it worked out in 2016 with Cate throwing against GT and saving Kay for the second game (and then we were SO close to beating Florida!) but I don't think this season with Cate not 100% we have a 1-2 punch capable of the same formula.

Root for LIU tonight. Coastal is probably saving their top arms.

Reaction Score

If we had a Cate as our #2, you could consider doing that today. We don't.

If we lose today, and play LIU tomorrow, I could see saving Gardner for another day and trying to get by LIU with Kersten, but I'd rather win today and not be worried about any of that.

Reaction Score
If we had a Cate as our #2, you could consider doing that today. We don't.

If we lose today, and play LIU tomorrow, I could see saving Gardner for another day and trying to get by LIU with Kersten, but I'd rather win today and not be worried about any of that.
Agreed. With Cate not being healthy, we don't have the second surefire SP that could pitch today, so I'm happy with Feole going. Winning today has to be the goal so that we can stay on track to only play 3 games. Have to keep the dearth of pitching from being exposed.

Reaction Score
Washington averaging 6.2 runs per game since late April. We're gonna need to score today.

Reaction Score
UCONN goes down 1-2-3. Very quickly. Gotta do better driving up the pitch count for DeMers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom