Uconn v Stanford and Tenn v UNC part of ESPN Tip-off Marathon | The Boneyard

Uconn v Stanford and Tenn v UNC part of ESPN Tip-off Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That doubleheader will really jump start the season! I'm really curious how well each of the 4 teams will gel so early in the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
rocky top.jpg

Rocky Top Tennessee

:D

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing these games.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
LOL, preseason rankings (UCONN #1, Stanford #4, Tennessee #3, UNC #7) taken from April 18, 2013. :rolleyes:

Not bad though, ESPN2 right out of the gate.

Feel a little sorry for men's Hartford vs Gulf Coast.....7:00 am or Quinnipiac vs LaSalle....9:00 am. But you gotta do what you gotta do to get on TV.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I just checked Carl Adamec's blog and the game is in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Rocky Top Tennessee

I vote to banish triaddukefan for heresy and other crimes against humanity.

HuskyNan: I recall a judicial case on the men's board against someone (Deepster?) years ago. I propose a repeat of those proceedings. Do I file the paperwork with you or Fishy?

Reaction Score
Tennessee-UNC will be two teams I've rooted against more strongly than any since Tenn-Notre Dame. I will not enjoy it if either team wins...but I will enjoy either team losing.
I'm happy anytime Tennessee or Duke loses!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I vote to banish triaddukefan for heresy and other crimes against humanity.

HuskyNan: I recall a judicial case on the men's board against someone (Deepster?) years ago. I propose a repeat of those proceedings. Do I file the paperwork with you or Fishy?

The heck w/ paperwork, I vote we go right to the punishment phase....how about an endless loop of video showing the last three UConn vs Duke games? 2011 would feature a 87-51 blowout that gave Duke its 1st loss that year. 2012 would show the 61-45 pummeling at Duke that ended their 34 game home winning streak. Then 2012 would conclude with yet another crushing loss w/ our 79-49 pounding when Duke was supposed to provide a good game....triad must view the video over, and over, and over, and over......:p

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The heck w/ paperwork, I vote we go right to the punishment phase....how about an endless loop of video showing the last three UConn vs Duke games? 2011 would feature a 87-51 blowout that gave Duke its 1st loss that year. 2012 would show the 61-45 pummeling at Duke that ended their 34 game home winning streak. Then 2012 would conclude with yet another crushing loss w/ our 79-49 pounding when Duke was supposed to provide a good game....triad must view the video over, and over, and over, and over......:p

A WBB version of Sartre's "No Exit"?:eek:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That doubleheader will really jump start the season! I'm really curious how well each of the 4 teams will gel so early in the season.
Prediction- UConn vs Stanford----- from what we saw this summer and the end of last season. We will beat Stamford by 30-35pts. Maybe 40 pts. I don't think they have enough to be competitive with us. Duke is talented and deep. North Carolina will be a dangerous team. I think A & M will be a more dangerous team. I think Notre Dame will also be better than Stanford. I think Tenn vs North Carolina will be a great game. As always- I could be wrong!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Every time I hear the words Stanford and Connecticut in the same conversation my mind goes back to the game last year. What a great Christmas present that keeps on giving!
They were a paper tiger. Even Tulsa Univ pushed them the whole game almost. They were hanging around by 10 well into the final 10 minutes of the game. I am one of 3 non Stanford fans that actually watched that game!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I was trying to think of a just punishment for the scurvy scoundrel for whom hanging would be far too good, but I think you have hit on it. With, of course, his eyes propped open, ala Clockwork Orange. That'd teach him to mind his manners around here!!

Reaction Score
They were a paper tiger. Even Tulsa Univ pushed them the whole game almost. They were hanging around by 10 well into the final 10 minutes of the game. I am one of 3 non Stanford fans that actually watched that game!
I watched the end of that game and was surprised by how close it was.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

mhdkis.gif

U

UCONNfan1

I think most of UNC's best talent is very young. Given that Hatchell runs little offense, it could be a pretty free flowing affair that looks disjointed and ugly, unless it's an up and down game.

I think Tennessee will lead for most of the game - build a big lead (12-15 points) only to have UNC come back and cut it to single digits, ultimately with Tennessee winning by about 15. If UNC continues to recruit like they have the past 2 years, they will likely be better than Tennessee down the road, but the next 2 years i think Tennessee is better.

For the other game, I'd be shocked if Stanford comes within 20 of UCONN. Chiney gets her points, but other than that, I'd be surprised if another Stanford player scored in double digits.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think UNC will get better over the year, but with that many freshman, they'll struggle early. TENN by TWENTY

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Will be fun to watch.

I'm moving from Denver to Dallas next month so I'll be able to catch a number of Baylor games. Too bad I'm a year late.

Reaction Score
Will fun to watch.

I'm moving from Denver to Dallas next month so I'll be able to catch a number of Baylor games. Too bad I'm a year late.
They still have Sims and Prince. Better this year than next.
Did you go to the Final Four last year? I went to Denver a few months after in the summer. The shooting in Aurora happened like a week after we left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom