UConn v. Northeastern 2/17 @ XL -- 2/18 @ Northeastern | The Boneyard

UConn v. Northeastern 2/17 @ XL -- 2/18 @ Northeastern

Reaction Score
IMG_2243.JPG

Reaction Score
It's cool how they moved the pep band behind the student section. I would post a pic if I wasn't on my phone and lazy. Go huskies!

Reaction Score
So when does this season officially become a disappointment?

Following this weekend, UConn will be 10th in the league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another awful performance against Northeastern.

They have yet to even compete in one game in three years against Northeastern.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

2 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
If Merrimack and Northeastern win tomorrow, it is all but a given that UConn finishes in 10th place.

Just a complete let down considering where this team was just a month ago and the expectations coming into this season.

2 wins versus Hockey East at XL this season.

Reaction Score
Another poor performance at home.Once again,losing almost every face off,having only 9 shots on goal in 2 periods.Passing skills are atrocious. This team is not in sync at all.It's hard to watch this live.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That was absolutely brutal.

Reaction Score
There's just something wrong with this team. I'm not a hockey expert, so I can't give technical analysis of what's wrong, but it's either chemistry or coaching or something else. They consistently come out flat, no matter who they are playing or what type of crowd is there. We seem to be a step slow, or outhustled. Their total shots on goal lately has been just awful. I sit behind the bench, and their body language is not good when coming back from their shifts. Shoulders slumped, no energy. Hopefully they'll bounce back tonight. I will still support this team, now and in the future, but they need to solve this problem. The casual fans will walk away.

Reaction Score
There's just something wrong with this team. I'm not a hockey expert, so I can't give technical analysis of what's wrong, but it's either chemistry or coaching or something else. They consistently come out flat, no matter who they are playing or what type of crowd is there. We seem to be a step slow, or outhustled. Their total shots on goal lately has been just awful. I sit behind the bench, and their body language is not good when coming back from their shifts. Shoulders slumped, no energy. Hopefully they'll bounce back tonight. I will still support this team, now and in the future, but they need to solve this problem. The casual fans will walk away.
I have been skeptical for the past few seasons of the S&C program and if Mo Butler needs to be replaced. Step behind, getting pushed around and losing battles for pucks at some point when all is equal comes down to how good or how inept your S&C program is. I'm starting to think it's time for S&C to get an upgrade.

Reaction Score
I have been skeptical for the past few seasons of the S&C program and if Mo Butler needs to be replaced. Step behind, getting pushed around and losing battles for pucks at some point when all is equal comes down to how good or how inept your S&C program is. I'm starting to think it's time for S&C to get an upgrade.
I would like to see Letunov and Thompson back together, Max seems lost without Tage.

Reaction Score
I agree about Letunov/Thompson too. To me, Thompson looks frustrated too. A guy sitting behind me told his teenage son, who apparently plays hockey that "Thompson isn't any good, he's just big" and that "UConn is too slow and has no skills" Thank God they left early - couldn't take the "wisdom" any longer.

Reaction Score
Max and Tage have looked invisible out there lately and to add to that, all that secondary scoring we were getting in the 1st half of the season hasn't translated to the 2nd half. It's been the story for three seasons now - the team just has trouble generating consistent offense. The defense is decent enough to win games and our goal tending is above average but we simply don't have enough offensive possession time in these games. I remember earlier in the season Ronan, Kalter, etc. were cycling well, digging pucks out in the corner and we were wearing some teams down. Haven't seen that type of effort in a while. Ultimately it falls on Cav but agree maybe Butler has to go to shake things up. She obviously hasn't helped Letunov because he can't ever stay on his skates.

Reaction Score
I'm just nervous Tage's decreased performance is due to him biding his time because he plans to leave after this season. I have a bad feeling that's what we're witnessing. Somebody going through the motions and trying to avoid injury.

Reaction Score
Max and Tage have looked invisible out there lately and to add to that, all that secondary scoring we were getting in the 1st half of the season hasn't translated to the 2nd half. It's been the story for three seasons now - the team just has trouble generating consistent offense. The defense is decent enough to win games and our goal tending is above average but we simply don't have enough offensive possession time in these games. I remember earlier in the season Ronan, Kalter, etc. were cycling well, digging pucks out in the corner and we were wearing some teams down. Haven't seen that type of effort in a while. Ultimately it falls on Cav but agree maybe Butler has to go to shake things up. She obviously hasn't helped Letunov because he can't ever stay on his skates.
Excellent points @TheDoggPound! About as big an indictment against Butler as you can get! It's definitely time for a change...same with men's basketball. With perhaps the premier off ice trainer in hockey in Ben Prentiss residing in the southern end of CT..IMHO it wouldn't be a bad idea if Cav stopped in to see him and pick his brain a bit while out on the recruiting trail. Maybe he can provide a name or 2 while he is there for Cav to call that may want the job.

Reaction Score
I'm just nervous Tage's decreased performance is due to him biding his time because he plans to leave after this season. I have a bad feeling that's what we're witnessing. Somebody going through the motions and trying to avoid injury.
I don't think that's the case...that wouldn't bode well for his future in the NHL. Once you get a label like that it's hard to shake and follows you like a scarlet letter. It is much more of an indictment of what you brought up in your other post about Butler and the S&C program.

Reaction Score

It is a big disappointment now. Terrible since Christmas with exception of VT game. Honeymoon is officially over for Cavanaugh and his staff. No more excuses - play consistently and win some tough ones now! Otherwise - bye, bye...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom