UConn v Louisville Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn v Louisville Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
In the middle of the excitement, Tiff does what she does sooooooooo well. Steps in for the charge and quiets the crowd while shaking her fist and saying "Yes!" while still laying on the ground :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, Brianna got whacked in the head and then called for a TO?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I would like to see her blow past her defender and get to the basket. I am not sure that I have seen her do that this year, which makes me wonder if foot speed is a concern.

It's all mental - she just doesn't have the confidence or selection right now. Physically, she can fly like no other

Oops , my bad, in the flow of the thread I was thinking of BBanks not KML, who you were referring to. Yeah KML has driven and cut a few times, but not a ton. She likes pullups better most of the time. She finds space well so it's a good choice for her

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
33-17 at the half. Not the best end ot the half by UConn, but good effort overall.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Geno on microphone at half: It's a slog - it's a football game out there, UL choosing to foul on every possession and hope they don't get called on each and every one :p

no offensive movement, so much holding/grabbing going on (by UL)

UCONN will have to resort to getting the ball in the lane and going 1-on-1 , that way they won't be able to stop cutters by holding.

Reaction Score
Geno telling it like it is, not happy with all the holding and grabbing that Louisville is calling their defense this game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wow. Geno "If their football team hit as much as these guys they would have won a national championship".

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That's an obvious charge. Louisville fans are being silly.

Has a player from the home team EVER fouled according to the fans? BG ran over Doty or Faris, I don't remember which, and Mulkey was out at mid-court stomping and pulling her hair out. It WAS entertaining.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
So, Brianna got whacked in the head and then called for a TO?
Geno just interviewed and called it a "slog". Says L'Ville is committed to fouling on every play and daring the refs to call it!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wow! Geno at half says there's fouling and holding on every play, like football

Reaction Score
Geno on microphone at half: It's a slog - it's a football game out there, UL choosing to foul on every possession and hope they don't get called on each and every one :p

no offensive movement, so much holding/grabbing going on (by UL)

UCONN will have to resort to getting the ball in the lane and going 1-on-1 , that way they won't be able to stop cutters by holding.

Is that what Geno said????

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The claws should be out. Very poorly officiated game. Looks like we are playing Rutgers with all the grabbing, hacking and the like.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I don't know if many of you are watching this one, but Geno is dead on. That carry by Banks was clearly a foul. Kelly's pass to Kaleena that was missed was because she was chop blocked from behind and kind of turned her foot on the way down. Ugly Ugly Game

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't know if many of you are watching this one, but Geno is dead on. That carry by Banks was clearly a foul. Kelly's pass to Kaleena that was missed was because she was chop blocked from behind and kind of turned her foot on the way down. Ugly Ugly Game
Brianna was whacked in the head which made her stutter step. They called a double dribble. We backed up the DVR to be sure and, yep, Louisville hit hit her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Brianna was whacked in the head which made her stutter step. They called a double dribble. We backed up the DVR to be sure and, yep, Louisville hit hit her.

Missed that in the game action, I looked away for a moment and only saw her carry it. It only takes a split second to foul!!

Reaction Score
Which may explain to Eastexas why she looks slow!

Reaction Score
Yep. He's not a happy camper.

Wow - unusual for him to speak like that at the half. I just hope no one gets hurt.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32