UConn v. #4 Boston College (Fri. 11/17/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 11/18/23 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Both games on ESPN+. | The Boneyard

UConn v. #4 Boston College (Fri. 11/17/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 11/18/23 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Both games on ESPN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it’s off topic but did anybody else enjoy watching Devon Levi get lit up by the Bruins last night? 5 goals before he was lifted. I can’t forget or forgive the dive he took at the XL 2 years ago. Got a goal taken down for goalie interference. Total bull by the faker. Didn’t the league apologize for that abomination of a call. We did get revenge at TD Garden though!

Reaction Score
I know it’s off topic but did anybody else enjoy watching Devon Levi get lit up by the Bruins last night? 5 goals before he was lifted. I can’t forget or forgive the dive he took at the XL 2 years ago. Got a goal taken down for goalie interference. Total bull by the faker. Didn’t the league apologize for that abomination of a call. We did get revenge at TD Garden though!
I watched the game and enjoyed it!

Reaction Score
Didn’t listen or hear anything about coachs show last evening. Wondering if the plan is to go back to the goalie platoon or is haider the clear starter for both games?

Reaction Score
Didn’t listen or hear anything about coachs show last evening. Wondering if the plan is to go back to the goalie platoon or is haider the clear starter for both games?
Wasn't asked, my guess is he does the platoon... Haider wasn't stellar at Merrimack. Their first goal he lost in his crease and just decided to stand up so the Merrimack player could bang it in and the 2nd goal he was way off his angle. Neither goalies were particularly great last weekend.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Wasn't asked, my guess is he does the platoon... Haider wasn't stellar at Merrimack. Their first goal he lost in his crease and just decided to stand up so the Merrimack player could bang it in and the 2nd goal he was way off his angle. Neither goalies were particularly great last weekend.
I can’t believe he wasn’t asked this or didn’t address it on the coaches show. That’s weak. If he had a pylon and a goalie, the pylon would still get every other start.

Reaction Score
Once again no one asked if he’s sticking with the goalie rotation for this weekend.

Asked about NIL and Cav reiterated he does not believe in giving players more than what their scholarship is worth but supports players going out and making money themselves. Does not like the idea of collectives.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Once again no one asked if he’s sticking with the goalie rotation for this weekend.

Asked about NIL and Cav reiterated he does not believe in giving players more than what their scholarship is worth but supports players going out and making money themselves. Does not like the idea of collectives.

I understand what he's saying but the cat is already out of the bag on this one... he needs to adapt regardless of his views on the matter.

Reaction Score
Thought Capone played really well last weekend. He helped setup the Schandor goal on Friday and played one of his best games of his career on Saturday. Hopefully, he can keep that going against BC this week. He's going to need to move his feet more against these skilled skaters.

Reaction Score
I understand what he's saying but the cat is already out of the bag on this one... he needs to adapt regardless of his views on the matter.
Yup. No more Matthew Woods showing up on campus without changing his views.

It might be just a coincidence but UConn is looking at having no recruit drafted in the NHL draft for the first time since 2013.

Reaction Score
Yup. No more Matthew Woods showing up on campus without changing his views.

It might be just a coincidence but UConn is looking at having no recruit drafted in the NHL draft for the first time since 2013.
The Matthew Wood caliber players left the conversation when Joe Pereria went to BU.

Reaction Score
The Matthew Wood caliber players left the conversation when Joe Pereria went to BU.
I was gonna say, between Joe leaving and Cav's attitude towards NIL, things might get iffy faster than we expect. I love that he's saying he doesn't like the idea of collectives when UConn had D'Amelio and the whole crew come out to a game already this season

Reaction Score
I was gonna say, between Joe leaving and Cav's attitude towards NIL, things might get iffy faster than we expect. I love that he's saying he doesn't like the idea of collectives when UConn had D'Amelio and the whole crew come out to a game already this season
Exactly and Hudson Schandor is one of those players who represents the collective. Look at Geno he used to have a team rule where the girls couldn't use social media in-season he changed that rule when players could monetize that for themselves because he knew he would lose players to other schools.

Reaction Score
I’m dreading finding out that Sergeev is starting tonight.

There is no justification for Sergeev playing this weekend.

Reaction Score
Thought Capone played really well last weekend. He helped setup the Schandor goal on Friday and played one of his best games of his career on Saturday. Hopefully, he can keep that going against BC this week. He's going to need to move his feet more against these skilled skaters.

Capone can be a great physical presence when he plays within the boundaries of the rules and doesn’t take stupid penalties. He’s got some skill too, though we haven’t seen hi, evolve much over his four years. Pretty much the same player since day one, but needs to reassert his monstrous checks - was wondering if injuries have been the reason he hasn’t taken bodies out as much early in the season…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not much of a penalty, really.

Edit:

Damn, I thought we had the kill.

1-0 BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics