UConn v. #2 Boston University Terriers (Friday 2/23/24 @Toscano Family Ice Forum @7p & Saturday 2/24/24 @Agganis Arena @7p). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #2 Boston University Terriers (Friday 2/23/24 @Toscano Family Ice Forum @7p & Saturday 2/24/24 @Agganis Arena @7p). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This series merely highlights the talent discrepancy. You are seeing BC and BU come out with freshmen dream teams basically and we have some kids who grind and will give it their all but....

Perhaps this type of humiliating year will finally force his hand on not dipping into the NIL game.

Reaction Score
The BU broadcast team mentioned that there were no corners at Tuscano. So the dimensions are NHL spec, but the corner radius apparently can different. Maybe it was a cost savings measure, or if it was strategic then maybe meant to limit the ability of the opponent’s talent to operate efficiently as well?
If that's the case, that also hinders the team's ability to recruit high-talent guys. UConn shouldn't be operating their program like Merrimack.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Keeps your heads up, this too shall pass

Yeah, the season will end.

Top half team in the league last year, brought basically everyone back and they are, I truly believe, the worst team in the league. Its an indescribable failure of gargantuan proportions, for which there will be no repercussions.

This.
Was.
Not.
Supposed.
To.
Happen.
This.
Year.

zls44

Reaction Score
If that's the case, that also hinders the team's ability to recruit high-talent guys. UConn shouldn't be operating their program like Merrimack.

I guarantee you they didn't even realize or think of it. Because they don't care.

You don't hire JCJ instead of JLG (who builds EVERYONE'S rinks) if you actually care. I'm basically betting they thought JCJ was JLG because the letters are similar.

They run this thing like DePaul MBB.

zls44

Reaction Score
This series merely highlights the talent discrepancy. You are seeing BC and BU come out with freshmen dream teams basically and we have some kids who grind and will give it their all but....

Perhaps this type of humiliating year will finally force his hand on not dipping into the NIL game.

It isn't just ignoring NIL (while other programs on campus have great success using it)- two years in a row, their top transfer in flops so bad he leaves campus mid-year. Just can't happen.

Reaction Score
Is there also an issue in that the average age of our assistants looks to be young enough that they can't get into Ted's?
Compare it to every other staff in the Hockey East.
You look at BUs bench and there are times where you don't even know Pereira is there - where the two closest coaches to the head coach are a couple of older gents. Must be a hell of a staff

Reaction Score
NIL doesn't have nearly the impact in hockey that it does in basketball. There's not as much revenue to be had for hockey players, for one, and all non-US players can't benefit the same. It's the same problem Adama had last year.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you they didn't even realize or think of it. Because they don't care.

You don't hire JCJ instead of JLG (who builds EVERYONE'S rinks) if you actually care. I'm basically betting they thought JCJ was JLG because the letters are similar.

They run this thing like DePaul MBB.
I am sure JCJ does superb work in certain situations. But, perhaps not in building smaller, college hockey rinks. That's what a JLG does! Also, don't underestimate the possibility of "interference by committee" when the decision makers (bureaucrats) got involved...

Reaction Score
Definitely true - the radius of dot to the corner boards is shorter making for what is known as a "short corner". But, I don't think that the Toscano architect, JCJ, has built hockey arenas before.
They certainly haven’t. And hopefully never again…

Reaction Score
Yeah, the season will end.

Top half team in the league last year, brought basically everyone back and they are, I truly believe, the worst team in the league. Its an indescribable failure of gargantuan proportions, for which there will be no repercussions.

This.
Was.
Not.
Supposed.
To.
Happen.
This.
Year.
It’s not that bad, really. Things will get better. Always remember, it’s just college hockey, not life or death.

Reaction Score
It’s not that bad, really. Things will get better. Always remember, it’s just college hockey, not life or death.
Or it is that bad and it'll get worse if no change occurs at the top. We are invested in this so please don't say "it's just college hockey" . That's demeaning and dismissing to anyone who participates in the Boneyard forum and offers legit criticisms that are warranted if the program is going to be considered competitive in Hockey East over the long term. It would be nice if our donations go into something constructive that has a chance to flourish.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Is there also an issue in that the average age of our assistants looks to be young enough that they can't get into Ted's?
Compare it to every other staff in the Hockey East.
You look at BUs bench and there are times where you don't even know Pereira is there - where the two closest coaches to the head coach are a couple of older gents. Must be a hell of a staff
I'm a senior citizens and I ask - are there any young coaches that are successful? Of course
Don't agree with this assumption at all.

Reaction Score
Or it is that bad and it'll get worse if no change occurs at the top. We are invested in this so please don't say "it's just college hockey" . That's demeaning and dismissing to anyone who participates in the Boneyard forum and offers legit criticisms that are warranted if the program is going to be considered competitive in Hockey East over the long term. It would be nice if our donations go into something constructive that has a chance to flourish.
It will all work out. Just enjoy going to the games and being with family and friends. Everything goes in cycles. This year just happens to be a year we’re BC and BU are loaded. Next year both should come back to the pack a little as some of the their stars will be turning pro. We’re UConn, we will be ok and we will live to fight another day.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It will all work out. Just enjoy going to the games and being with family and friends. Everything goes in cycles. This year just happens to be a year we’re BC and BU are loaded. Next year both should come back to the pack a little as some of the their stars will be turning pro. We’re UConn, we will be ok and we will live to fight another day.
Stop already.

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads