UConn v. #18 Duke Blue Devils @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/23/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #18 Duke Blue Devils @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/23/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Football weather!

008.jpg

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Says someone who never fought for their country. Maybe you should shut up and appreciate the men who allowed you to say really stupid stuff on the internet.
I'm a veteran and I love your passion! However, not liking the design of the helmet doesn't detract from one's patriotism. Also, a lot of women served too - even in combat MOS now.

Reaction Score

How about some UNcontested catches? How is it that all the other teams have the ability to get receivers wide open deep down the field and UConn does not? Well, I think I know the answer to that, but speed isn't the only parameter in the equation. Maybe some more sophisticated routes?

Reaction Score
How about some UNcontested catches? How is it that all the other teams have the ability to get receivers wide open deep down the field and UConn does not? Well, I think I know the answer to that, but speed isn't the only parameter in the equation. Maybe some more sophisticated routes?

Those most often happen when the offense finds a gap in the coverage or the defense completely misses the assignment.

So finding a gap in the coverage is on the OC or the QB who can audible the route of a receiver at the line of scrimmage. Or the OC can call in the audible to offense pre snap.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Football weather!

View attachment 91544
Here's the latest from the National Weather Service. Not looking too bad, but we'll see:

"A chance of showers after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Northeast wind 8 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%."

Reaction Score
Those most often happen when the offense finds a gap in the coverage or the defense completely misses the assignment.

So finding a gap in the coverage is on the OC or the QB who can audible the route of a receiver at the line of scrimmage. Or the OC can call in the audible to offense pre snap.
Has TR been making any audible calls, didn't seem like it to me but not sure I would recognize if he was. Did seem like UConn takes very long time to get call in and often look back to bench like wanting them to decide if play should be changed, good teams (I would think) have set up so QB sees bad defense set up (or something to take advantage of) and has several go to alternatives that all of offense can quickly switch to as a play.

Coaching Kidz says:

"Because audibles are usually called at the last second before the play begins, the quarterback is the person who yells them out and relays the message to the rest of their teammates on the field.

Coaches, offensive and defensive coordinators, assistant coaches and the many other people who are strategizing and calling out plays don’t call audibles in any situation.

Audibles are often called at the last possible moment before the play begins because doing so gives the defense less time to adjust to the new play call."

Per above seems like the looking to bench after getting to line of scrimmage would not be an audible by this definition, just play calling. TR would have to change play after seeing defense for it to be an audible. Same question, is he doing and how has it been working if he doesn't why not; also, are opponents calling audibles against our starting defense each play and how is UConn disguising its defense.

Reaction Score
Has TR been making any audible calls, didn't seem like it to me but not sure I would recognize if he was. Did seem like UConn takes very long time to get call in and often look back to bench like wanting them to decide if play should be changed, good teams (I would think) have set up so QB sees bad defense set up (or something to take advantage of) and has several go to alternatives that all of offense can quickly switch to as a play.

Coaching Kidz says:

"Because audibles are usually called at the last second before the play begins, the quarterback is the person who yells them out and relays the message to the rest of their teammates on the field.

Coaches, offensive and defensive coordinators, assistant coaches and the many other people who are strategizing and calling out plays don’t call audibles in any situation.

Audibles are often called at the last possible moment before the play begins because doing so gives the defense less time to adjust to the new play call."

Per above seems like the looking to bench after getting to line of scrimmage would not be an audible by this definition, just play calling. TR would have to change play after seeing defense for it to be an audible. Same question, is he doing and how has it been working if he doesn't why not; also, are opponents calling audibles against our starting defense each play and how is UConn disguising its defense.

Our QBs get audibles from the sideline and then call it in. Or the whole offense is looking anyways.

I haven’t seem Taquan do it. This is like his 5th year and FIU was like the first time he ever played a full game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Gonna be in the slop. Feels eerily like the Fresno game last year. Same result????

Reaction Score

Tell me something we don't all know. UConn cannot do that? I guess not.

What I have watched is that the opponent has no problem with man coverage given our receiver's lack of ability to get open. Against FIU I was at a birthday party and thus a bit distracted. But I even saw TR throw into double man coverage. And against NCST they were practically hanging off UConn's receivers.

Reaction Score
Tell me something we don't all know. UConn cannot do that? I guess not.

What I have watched is that the opponent has no problem with man coverage given our receiver's lack of ability to get open. Against FIU I was at a birthday party and thus a bit distracted. But I even saw TR throw into double man coverage. And against NCST they were practically hanging off UConn's receivers.

Then answer your own question.

Most of the time when players get egregiously open it’s because of busted coverage and scheme.

Reaction Score
Says someone who never fought for their country. Maybe you should shut up and appreciate the men who allowed you to say really stupid stuff on the internet.

Are you okay?

Reaction Score

is that good or bad?
Depends on whether it’s successful or not ;)

How does outside zone work?
 Outside zone is a running play on which offensive linemen focus their blocks zones, or spaces on the field, as opposed to specific defenders (which is referred to as man-to-man blocking). It calls upon linemen to caravan toward the sideline and push back whichever defenders are in the way. Running backs are asked to look for three options: “bounce” outside, “bang” a cut upfield between the linemen or “bend” on a cutback across the formation.

“You need [running backs] who find the lane, put their foot on the gas pedal and get 0 to 10 fast,” ESPN analyst Matt Bowen said.

The scheme can be boom-or-bust. No run play gets stuffed for no gain or a loss of yardage more often, and no run play yields more plays of 20-plus yards. In pursuit of the type of chunk plays that are necessary to win in the modern NFL (more commonly achieved through the passing game), teams have to keep hammering away in search of pay dirt. This is true even for the 49ers, who ran it better than any other team on their way to the Super Bowl.
“Outside zone is a war of attrition,” said Dave McGinnis, a longtime NFL coach. “The people who are successful with it are patient.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom