UConn v. #10 Providence Friars (Friday 2/2/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/3/24 @7p @Schneider Arena) Both games on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #10 Providence Friars (Friday 2/2/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/3/24 @7p @Schneider Arena) Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
In my opinion, the hockey and baseball programs are similar that their on the cusp, but a few elite talents away from taking the next step
Baseball is way closer.

Reaction Score
And that’s what makes it all the more difficult to win at Uconn( hockey). If the talent that’s on the roster is not championship caliber while being school, it makes development that much less relevant in many regards. By that time, their ready to further their career, which is great, but weren’t talented enough for long enough to win consistently in college. It’s a problem.
Yes. They haven’t surrounded their better players with the requisite talent. I really like the Tattle line but they aren’t a top 2 line on a team that’s going to win something. Against Quinnipiac Tattle had 2 clear breakaways and did not convert on either. That’s the difference between being a top team and an average team.

Heaslip is an energy guy but he doesn’t convert his chances. He had a good chance last night and he’s had a couple breakaways but have ended up with nothing.

They need top 6 Hockey East talent

My hope for next season is based on how some of their recruits are doing really well in juniors. Shahan leading the USHL in goals, Whitcomb (who visited Michigan but chose UConn) is top ten in scoring in USHL, Murtagh is top 5 scoring in BCHL

Need to get speed from the portal. They’ve missed badly on a player each of the last 2 seasons. The Mahshie miss cratered their offensive depth this season.

Reaction Score
Where is the Stephon Castle on the Ice or Diamond?
The problem is Cav doesn’t believe in playing the NIL game and it’s only going to get more difficult to get top players as NIL comes to hockey.

The Big Ten kills it in recruiting. It’s not by coincidence

Reaction Score
The problem is Cav doesn’t believe in playing the NIL game and it’s only going to get more difficult to get top players as NIL comes to hockey.

The Big Ten kills it in recruiting. It’s not by coincidence
Recruiting in college sports is everything, even if nowadays it’s openly done through dollars. Gotta get the players or develops the talent u do get to championship levels. That’s both unrealistic and naive to think it’s gonna happen consistently

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
“I don’t believe in the NIL game” is code for “I can’t do it”.

The school has the ability to do it, btw.

Reaction Score

Looks like Haider is back

Clarkson lost 5-2 to Providence last season. Maybe another one of Cav’s hunches

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t Cav just play Sergeev the rest of the season? There is nothing to lose

You would think Cav would want to give the starts to the guy with 2 years of eligibility remaining and having him gain experience

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Why doesn’t Cav just play Sergeev the rest of the season? There is nothing to lose

You would think Cav would want to give the starts to the guy with 2 years of eligibility remaining and having him gain experience
While he didn’t have much help, I didn’t think Sergeev was great last night. Don’t have a problem with this. A win would be nice. You have to play for now. Any one watching the championship final of the NHL AllStar game? Fun so far.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

Looks like Haider is back

Clarkson lost 5-2 to Providence last season. Maybe another one of Cav’s hunches

We lost 5-0 last night. Could it get worse with Haider? I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Capone vs Sacred Heart

Cav said last night he can’t remember having 3 majors during the same season since he’s been here.

4 this season, 6 last season
Ouch!

Reaction Score
A couple players will definitely go a long way…I really hope Wood returns. I think overall, it’s just been a bad year to this point. There can be a lot coming back next season if the transfers don’t overtake the roster as it is now.

As for the development of the players, I’m sure the coaching has to take some responsibility of the lack of development but I think the overall mix of talent u have, talent ur learning that may play a larger role next season (Muldowney) eye test only and that’s being honest…amongst some misses have contributed to the record and product we’re watching.
Some responsibility? How about the bulk of the responsibility! What is the essence of a great coach? Developing players mentally, physically and skill-wise is the essential and primary responsibility of the coach!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We can’t stay out of the box. No discipline whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Day late on this one, but Tuscano is becoming quite the house of horrors, eh?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Day late on this one, but Tuscano is becoming quite the house of horrors, eh?
It’s already been mentioned, but yes TOscano is.

Reaction Score
UConn’s calling card is energy following a disappointing loss

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Positives…killed 3. Negatives…had to kill 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom