UCONN@UWM not on TV...?! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN@UWM not on TV...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I love Big East football, but I also live in the real world. This game is controlled by the MAC, so unless you think all of the MAC's games should be broadcast on national TV I really don't see what your point is

nbe games are going to be national so a mac game isn't much of a stretch. at least get it on in ct.

Reaction Score
Just to clarify: I'm not allowed to post without proving that UConn's TV situation is worse than other BCS schools, but the lawyer is allowed to lecture me on how I don't have facts...even though he doesn't have the time/will to find facts, either.

Pot, meet kettle.

And to clarify - I'm not saying that the games need to be on Directv type stations. they could find a way to get this game on PBS or cox sports tv or whatever the heck else and I'd count that and be happy with it.

If you are telling me that LSU or FSU play games that cannot be seen on televisions, that would come as a tremendous surprise to me.

Sorry though - I'll ask your permission next time before voicing my opinion without researching a full thesis.

Well, I can tell you that FSU did in fact play a game against Murray State that was only available on ESPN3. As was their game against Savannah State. Imagine, TWO games only available on ESPN3.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/fsu-m-footbl-sched.html

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
THIS!!!

The answer to that question is self-evident. When you play in a league with 7 conference games you are always going to be on the wrong end of scheduling. You have more demand in a market that lacks supply.

Reaction Score
The answer to that question is self-evident. When you play in a league with 7 conference games you are always going to be on the wrong end of scheduling. You have more demand in a market that lacks supply.

You really don't get this, do you? If the answer to something we don't like isn't "someone did something stupid," you have the wrong answer.

Reaction Score
interesting...when i try logging in, it asks for your internet provider...and Cablevision or Optimum isnt an option

I believe if you are an ESPN Insider you can access ESPN3 through ESPN with no need to confirm your internet provider. My son had it set up already and I did not go through the process but I know I get ESPN3 without any login process.

Just to test I went to ESPN3.com and within a few clicks I was watching cricket.

Reaction Score
You really don't get this, do you? If the answer to something we don't like isn't "someone did something stupid," you have the wrong answer.

There are 120 FBS football programs currently, and there will be 124 in a few years. Non BCS teams are desperate for guarantee games. There is no reason to schedule a 4 year home and home with Buffalo.

Reaction Score
So it's definitely not going to be on at a bar? I could be wrong, but i could have sworn the Buffalo game last year was only listed for espn3 but was on at bars.

Reaction Score
I believe if you are an ESPN Insider you can access ESPN3 through ESPN with no need to confirm your internet provider. My son had it set up already and I did not go through the process but I know I get ESPN3 without any login process.

Just to test I went to ESPN3.com and within a few clicks I was watching cricket.

I have att uverse and i just try this and it worked.

Reaction Score
What cable do u need to get the game on Espn 3?
Google it to find out all carriers, but I have Verizon FIOS and I get ESPN3. Used to have Time Warner Cable and also had ESPN3 w/ them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I am a cablevision customer, but I don't have a problem logging into ESPN3.

And, if you don't get it, the odds are very high that if you go to first row sports there will be a link you can use to get the broadcast. But I don't think you will know that for sure until game time.

There are a number of websites like that out there, but ESPN3 will probably provide the game in Hi-Def, where it most-likely won't be on FRS and sites similar. I'm not complaining, mind you. 1) I have access to ESPN3. 2) It's better than nothing, provided the game is available, and 3) This is how I watched the No Fun League last weekend...Just throwing it out there.

Bottom Line: If you want to see the game bad enough, there are ways to do it...

Reaction Score
Just to clarify: I'm not allowed to post without proving that UConn's TV situation is worse than other BCS schools, but the lawyer is allowed to lecture me on how I don't have facts...even though he doesn't have the time/will to find facts, either.

Pot, meet kettle.

And to clarify - I'm not saying that the games need to be on Directv type stations. they could find a way to get this game on PBS or cox sports tv or whatever the heck else and I'd count that and be happy with it.

If you are telling me that LSU or FSU play games that cannot be seen on televisions, that would come as a tremendous surprise to me.

Sorry though - I'll ask your permission next time before voicing my opinion without researching a full thesis.
Florida state vs savanna state. Was only available on espn 3 down here. Hard to believe

Reaction Score
Biz 1.JPG

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like to picture Bizlaw as Mitch McDeer. And Spackler looking like Wilfred Brimley threatening to replace his wife's Redbook with the written transcript of 1984 hearings on the CFA negotiations.

Reaction Score
I like to picture Bizlaw as Mitch McDeer. And Spackler looking like Wilfred Brimley threatening to replace his wife's Redbook with the written transcript of 1984 hearings on the CFA negotiations.

LMFAO. That may be the first time anyone has suggested that I be portrayed by Tom Cruise. I'll take it.

Reaction Score
am i the only one that pictures him with a monocle?
Buzz_Killington.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc