UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fascinating that the league really was willing to do all this jumping around...and it not also result in the UCF-Memphis having a new date as well.

And what happens to UMass? Ditched twice w/o rescheduling? I know, not our problem, but still - interesting.

Reaction Score
Ugh. This game being a Sunday knocks me out.

Maybe I'm the only one, but the fact we got moved to a Sunday to accommodate 3rd division crappy soccer in our own football stadium stings.

It knocks me out as well but,

it's not our stadium, we rent it. we didn't get moved to accommodate anyone. it's first division soccer

NYCFC purchased the use of the stadium that day from the actual owners, not UConn. So we have to negotiate with the owners for an available date.

We're getting 12 games again, this is good news. For every poster who complain about this being a Sunday game, there's 2-3 more who whine about Saturday noon games because their kids play crappy soccer.

Reaction Score
I am surprised USF agreed to lose a non conference home game

It's worth it for the conference game. In the somewhat likely event they are tied with another east division team in losses going into the championship week (and down one win), I can't see a reasonable tiebreaking scenario where they are given credit for a win to balance for the lost game, and if they did it would leave the other side screaming that it was unfair.

Also its UMass...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Fascinating that the league really was willing to do all this jumping around...and it not also result in the UCF-Memphis having a new date as well.

And what happens to UMass? Ditched twice w/o rescheduling? I know, not our problem, but still - interesting.
this is what happens when you are an irrelevant independent. Conference games > non-conference games

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wonder if this means no TV for the ECU game. Can't imagine too many networks want to put on a UConn-ECU football game versus the NFL on Sunday.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but : "I feel bad for UMass".

This sucks for UMass and their players. They lose a game in the middle of the season with no opportunity to find a replacement game. That sucks for their players. But better them than us I guess. ;)
Maybe they'll get to play Wichita State in Bball or something. Not that that's any comfort to the FB players.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Knocks me out that this is actually a thing for some considering the circumstances.

Ironically, youth football for a good portion of the state moved to Sundays a few years ago, somewhat hopefully to accommodate UConn Saturdays (maybe not really, but i can be blissfully ignorant on that).

So, a move to Sunday, combined with other circumstances, probably knocks me out.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

I should bookmark posts like this for when anyone asks why going independent in football is a bad thing, for scheduling.

Reaction Score
C

Chief00

Wait is the AAC still on life support? Asking for a friend

LOL - Chief's mission acccomplished! The league office needed to be nudged from the UConn side to start the process.

UMass is looking for a league - their concessions may have earned them votes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UMass is looking for a league - their concessions may have earned them votes.

The only path for UMass to the AAC is to take our seat. There will never be a time when both UMass and UConn are here together. Until then, they can enjoy the fruits of being the #1 substitute/stand by "partner" for scheduling purposes!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Don't know yet if it knocks me out, but this is a tremendous job by Athletic Director Dave. I may have missed it, but do we have a time yet?
12pm

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
ESPN usually airs like pro bowling or something against NFL Sundays. Maybe this will actually help exposure?

But at noon, it is going up against the NFL pregame shows (which is a big slot for ESPN and other sports networks). If they were actually interested, maybe we could move the game to 1pm after the pregame shows. But I am guessing that will not happen since they already announced the noon start time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom