UConn-USF game thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
drop pass is on Abrams
That was a beautiful ball. Thank GOODNESS we didn't throw anything to that Davis kid who would have had a lot of space to at least TRY and make a play since USF played with 9 in the box.

Reaction Score
I vote pull all scholarships from all offensive linemen from this game. None of them belong on this team after the first 4 games of this season. Get some walk-ons or whatever, but fire every single one of these offensive linemen today.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Oh my god. Did I just see one of our own defensive guys light up another?

Reaction Score
They rushed 3 and we had 6 blockers and they sack Whitmer. That is a coaching/scheme problem. On that play Knappe got beat badly.

Reaction Score
3 man rush against 6 blockers and first contact was made 2.1 seconds after the snap.
That speaks to effort, not scheme. Inexcusable. I get we are green on the line and the older guys were led down a horrible path by he who must not be named. But that sack comes down to not giving a feces.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am just beyond disgusted and just don't care anymore tonight. The coaching staff played it way to conservative and let the defense stay on the field way to much. This is on the coaching staff as much or more than the players.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Paul Pasqualoni and GDL are dancing a jig together, sloshing Natty Light all over each other's shoes.

Reaction Score
I look forward to this all year. Every year I'm positive and optimistic but this is absolutely unbearable. This is embarrassing. This might be the most uninteresting football game I've ever watched. I didn't think it was possible but our perception is going backwards.

Reaction Score
We might as well drop football if this is where we are 15 years into this.

That is a Division 3 level offense we put on the field tonight.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Geremy Davis is literally going to lose 6 figure dollars because he played at UConn. Even if he makes it to the league despite the coaching staffs' efforts it will take way longer than it should. Nevermind the fact that he should have probably been a mid round draft prospect if not higher.

Reaction Score
As painful as this game is to watch, some of the posts in this thread are just flat out alcohol induced embarrassments. My goodness.

My 2 favorites...shut down the program (by Nelson's nephew) and fire Diaco.

I will say Diaco is losing a few points with me but it's way too early to go crazy on him. I am really curious if Boyle pulled a bonehead move or got hurt.

Reaction Score
So he burns the timeout when the clock is already stopped to move the chains (saving maybe 20 seconds), so that come 3rd down, we have no timeouts and they can burn 35?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If the coaching staff concedes in the first quarter, why should the players care?

Reaction Score
I'll go with Byron Jones' INT TD.
The RESULT was good, but nothing positive about the process-he was far off the WR and was a non-factor in coverage. Just got lucky. I WISH we had a 2nd positive, but we don't.

Reaction Score
sportsart said:
As painful as this game is to watch, some of the posts in this thread are just flat out alcohol induced embarrassments. My goodness.

My 2 favorites...shut down the program (by Nelson's nephew) and fire Diaco.

I will say Diaco is losing a few points with me but it's way too early to go crazy on him. I am really curious if Boyle pulled a bonehead move or got hurt.

I feel like Boyle wouldn't be there if a suspension was coming.

Reaction Score
We have a better chance of scoring when the ball is in USF's hands. Sad.

I have to question the offensive play calling and personnel decisions. Playing with 1 quarterback? It all defies logic. I hope the questions get put to CBD. I just don't see how you put lipstick on this pig. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom