UConn-USF game thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we stick with ONE FRACKING RB please! Preseason is over.

Reaction Score
Atrocious play calling Brutal
We get a gift 1st down which was essentially a USF turnover since it was 4th down, and THAT is what we come up with for a series of play calls? I get it, Whitmer is our only healthy QB. But you mean to tell me that he can't take a shotgun snap and instantly throw a Fade route to Davis when the other team has 9 in the Box?!

Reaction Score
Uconn is not passing because whitmer is their only QB and they re afraid he's going to get hurt. this is so embarrassing. Worst program ever.

There is really no reason for this program to continue. as soon as its clear there is no P5 invite coming, they should close up shop and save the school millions of dollars. or maybe they can beg the ACC or b1g to invite them for hoops and olympics only

Reaction Score
OC sucks tbh. bad oline or not.

I've said this over and over. Quick handoffs and quick slants. Forces the defense to back up. With a weak OL, you don't run play action, deep drops, and slow developing plays.

Reaction Score
Diaco must privately have a very low opinion of his team.

He's been trying to keep hope alive among these guys so they don't fall apart completely. O-line killing this team. Whitmer is, well....

Reaction Score
Heavy rain and only 1 QB is enough to change the game plan. If Boyle is out more than 1 game, then we'll really be screwed.

Reaction Score
when I turned on the game tonight and saw the rain falling I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling...our OL play just doesn't generate that. But this has been beyond bad tonight! They flat out suck!

Reaction Score
I could not imagine trying to announce this game and trying to keep it compelling

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's a complete joke if the reason they aren't using Whitmer as a QB and not someone to hand the ball off is because they're afraid he'll get hurt....if that's the case, let him play and if he gets hurt Knape can just take the snap and hand off and then block at the same time.

Reaction Score
Adams had him stopped, and still got plowed thru for 4 extra yards.

Reaction Score
this is major college football? is there a record for how far into a game a team hasn't had a completed pass?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
all you guys dumping on Diaco and the playcalling, I'd like to see what you would do with this mess.
It's not that play calling would fix the offense. It's that the current play calling plays to the offensive line's weaknesses (particularly in the passing game). It makes no sense to have long developing plays when you have a line that can't hold blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom