UConn @ UMass Minutemen (Saturday 11/25/23 @Noon @McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst MA) Game on ESPN+ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ UMass Minutemen (Saturday 11/25/23 @Noon @McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst MA) Game on ESPN+

Reaction Score
tThis kind of attitude/point of view is why UConn Football stinks and continues to do so.
I think it is fair to expect better effort and results against FIU and Ga. St. before honing in on money as THE problem. Better coaching and player development - with the resources we have - gets the 5-6 wins needed to not be a punchline. More NIL gets us to 7-8 wins.

Reaction Score
The difference between winning and losing this game is the difference between going into the offseason knowing we were God awful and going into the off season saying that had we just been able to close out the three home games to mediocre opponents we lost on the last possessions (FIU, Utah State and USF) we could have qualified for another sucky bowl.

I also think to some extent this game will be an indication if Mora lost the team this season. IE if UConn goes out there and takes care of business, then yes, it‘s a good thing for the offseason and changes perspective on the year. It was still bad but shows we didn’t quit.

If we lay an egg Saturday, it will be hard to make any other conclusion, after what we’ve seen this year, that Mora essentially lost the team. The Defections mid season, the cringe worthy press conferences, and a bad loss to our neighbor to the north, it would be like biting into a lemon.

Mass is no pushover - expect a good game.

Reaction Score
I also think to some extent this game will be an indication if Mora lost the team this season. IE if UConn goes out there and takes care of business, then yes, it‘s a good thing for the offseason and changes perspective on the year. It was still bad but shows we didn’t quit.

If we lay an egg Saturday, it will be hard to make any other conclusion, after what we’ve seen this year, that Mora essentially lost the team. The Defections mid season, the cringe worthy press conferences, and a bad loss to our neighbor to the north, it would be like biting into a lemon.

Why is everything life and death; must win? We continue to lose good rbs and 1-2 kids who can’t play at a high level. I refuse to jump to conclusions based on random facts. Maybe I’m simply not built for message boards and social media.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Anyone have insights on getting a parking pass for the game? UMass website only lets you buy parking after you buy a game ticket, but I bought my tix thru UConn.
No students on campus. Plenty of parking.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We have donors. If 150 donors pledge to give $10,000 per year for NIL for football, we are set. That's really not a stretch. If 15 donors give $100k, it's the same thing.

Reaction Score
We have donors. If 150 donors pledge to give $10,000 per year for NIL for football, we are set. That's really not a stretch. If 15 donors give $100k, it's the same thing.
1.5M per year should be doable, absolutely doable from FB supporters. I was actually surprised at that number, thought it would be much more. I don’t have any sense about basketball NIL versus football NIL but aren’t some of these hoopsters getting paid multiple six figures for one year?

Reaction Score
Why is everything life and death; must win? We continue to lose good rbs and 1-2 kids who can’t play at a high level. I refuse to jump to conclusions based on random facts. Maybe I’m simply not built for message boards and social media.
Okay, it might be time to switch to decaf.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Dude is being paid nearly $2 million dollars to win, by the taxpayers of the state, including me. If he wants more money for the players, maybe he should give some of that to them and recruit, like its his job to do so. The coaching this year has been horrible and that is on him. It definitely was not worth the $1.8 million we paid him and the nearly 500k we paid Charlton. Maybe he should give the paycheck to the players that may make him look good, instead of bitching about money, of which he gets a larger amount than the coaches who beat us and do far more with less.
You don't get it, do you? To compete you need Jimmy and Joe's to do just that. I wish we had that big donor to football as other schools playing at this level.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
NIL is what our crap offense generates in points against D1 opponents.
Worry about that NIL. I do not see us scoring enough to win tomorrow.
Plus didn’t ZooMass beat a team that beat Auburn?

Reaction Score

-> Series: UMass leads 38-36-2

What you need to know: The Huskies wrap up a disappointing season at fellow independent UMass. The teams have a deal to play annually through the 2027 season. Saturday's game was set to be played at a neutral site — many speculated about Fenway Park in Boston — but nothing was finalized. ... The Huskies could pull within one game of the Minutemen in the all-time series that dates back to 1897. Only one time — after a 31-0 win on Oct. 8, 1960 — did UConn lead the series with UMass as the victory completed a 14-2 stretch that put the Huskies on top 16-15. But UMass — then the Redmen — won the next seven and has held the series edge since. ... The 2024 meeting will be at McGuirk Alumni Stadium on Nov. 30. ... UMass coach Don Brown served as UConn's defensive coordinator under Paul Pasqualoni in 2011 and 2012. He will be seeking his 100th win as a head coach in his time at Northeastern (2000-03) and UMass (2004-08, 2022-present). ... UMass quarterback Taisun Phommachanh graduated from Avon Old Farms. His brother, Tyler, started three games for UConn during the 2021 season and entered the transfer portal after not seeing action in 2022. ... UMass reserve safety Jalon Ferrell joined the Minutemen after transferring from UConn in April, 2022. ... UMass is averaging 10,259 for its five home games. <-

Reaction Score

Shortcut <<

-> As New England independents, UConn and UMass are likely to cross paths in recruiting, going after some of the same kids and trying to find the underrecruited gems. UConn found one in Joly, 6 foot 3 and 232 pounds, from nearby New Rochelle, N.Y. He’s caught 50 passes for 542 yards, two touchdowns.

“I went to (UMass’) camp and performed pretty well,” Joly said. “But they showed no interest, so it’s okay. I’ll make ’em pay for it.” <-

Reaction Score

I think we will see on the opening series of downs which team wants this game more. Like two years ago in Amherst when I thought we would win but it was apparent from the first drive the Mass wanted it more. We struggled all day then Steven Krajewski threw a pick on a pass from our end zone that sealed our fate 27-13. I don't expect much from our offense tomorrow, even against one of the worst defenses in FBS. I just hope the D holds together so we don't get blown out, which make no mistake, UMass will be trying their best to do.

Reaction Score
NIL is what our crap offense generates in points against D1 opponents.
Worry about that NIL. I do not see us scoring enough to win tomorrow.
Plus didn’t ZooMass beat a team that beat Auburn?
I’m expecting a close game. Uconn can’t afford to come out flat & let Umass grab the early lead. And turnovers are going to be key. Umass has been decent on takeaways this year (+1) and Uconn hasn’t.

Reaction Score
I’m expecting a close game. Uconn can’t afford to come out flat & let Umass grab the early lead. And turnovers are going to be key. Umass has been decent on takeaways this year (+1) and Uconn hasn’t.
That was such a disappointing game. Made the 2.5 hour trip to McGurk(sp?) and left disgusted. We were outplayed the whole game. (Oh, and anyone who wants to abandon the Rent for an on campus stadium ought to check out McGurk. What a sad stadium!)

Reaction Score
That was such a disappointing game. Made the 2.5 hour trip to McGurk(sp?) and left disgusted. We were outplayed the whole game. (Oh, and anyone who wants to abandon the Rent for an on campus stadium ought to check out McGurk. What a sad stadium!)
I was toying with the idea of going up tomorrow but the memory of that game and our lack of big play ability on offense has me thinking I'll just watch on ESPN+.

Reaction Score
Maybe they should have played UConn UMass game at Fenway, would be more excitement over the match between mediocre teams

Reaction Score

Love this uni combo. A throwback to better days back in the 2000s.

2009-G10-CT-ND03.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom