Men - UConn @ UCLA Bruins (Tuesday 3/12/24 @9p EDT) Game will be on Pac12 Network & streamed on Pac-12.com. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ UCLA Bruins (Tuesday 3/12/24 @9p EDT) Game will be on Pac12 Network & streamed on Pac-12.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the benefits of playing a more competitive schedule are already paying dividends. To be sitting with an rpi of 50 and having only 4 wins out of 13 games says something. If the roster comes together and they get things figured out, and an at-large berth or AQ happen…having faced quite a few quality arms and bats will help when it matters most in June. Every tournament team does not have the Fla talent that was seen last year. I really hope these tougher more competitive schedules continue.

Reaction Score
Nice win. Is Quinn moving to the weekend?
In an ideal world would prefer Quinn in bullpen especially with Van Emon now in rotation that would take another LH from pen. Quinn late in games against tough lefties is a nice option. Just a shame Ellison , sully and cookie can’t get anything going (yet). So I fully understand whatever happens , happens

Reaction Score
In an ideal world would prefer Quinn in bullpen especially with Van Emon now in rotation that would take another LH from pen. Quinn late in games against tough lefties is a nice option. Just a shame Ellison , sully and cookie can’t get anything going (yet). So I fully understand whatever happens , happens
It would hurt the bullpen moving Quinn, no doubt about it. But they may have found their weekend rotation. Quigley Van Emon Quinn. Coe/Cinnella both are lefties. Cooke/ Ellison not producing yet is a major problem. I think both should and will have bigtime roles this year…finding what that is will be challenging. Ellison seems uncomfortable in relief, maybe consider starting him idk. Cooke needs to find it. I like him in the pen but is He ok with the move…or is a demotion sorta speak the mentality. I hope not bc Cooke is needed overall as a staff. Sullivan, idk if it’s development or other.

Reaction Score
Given how good Quinn was this past summer as a starting pitcher for Danbury, I was really looking forward to seeing how he would do this coming season. I said before that Quinn is going to get plenty of time on the mound, whether or not he comes out of the bullpen or if he ends up as a weekend starter. At this point I would like to see him as a starter, but we'll see what happens. I've been inclined to think that LHP Garrett Coe is better off coming out of the bullpen, but we'll see what happens as the season progresses.

Cooke had another bad appearance in the game last night, but I doubt the coaching staff has totally given up on him as he still shows the occasional flash of being good. Whatever the case, it certainly doesn't look like he will be a weekend starter at this point. I would guess he will get some brief appearances out of the bullpen to see if he is getting his control back, but right now that control has been pretty poor of late.

Reaction Score
It would hurt the bullpen moving Quinn, no doubt about it. But they may have found their weekend rotation. Quigley Van Emon Quinn. Coe/Cinnella both are lefties. Cooke/ Ellison not producing yet is a major problem. I think both should and will have bigtime roles this year…finding what that is will be challenging. Ellison seems uncomfortable in relief, maybe consider starting him idk. Cooke needs to find it. I like him in the pen but is He ok with the move…or is a demotion sorta speak the mentality. I hope not bc Cooke is needed overall as a staff. Sullivan, idk if it’s development or other
Yeah Im open to any ideas on the pitching staff that can optimize effectiveness. I’m lost on that staff and have been wrong on it for 2 years now.

Reaction Score
Any word on tonight’s starter? It’s mid March and it feels like a must win game especially for a midweek. It’s not but it does make for more interest. What happened to Alejandro? I know he’s coming back from injury but he was fairly effective a few yrs ago in midweeks. Find a way to get 3 of 4 this week. It’ll go a long way

Reaction Score
Any word on tonight’s starter? It’s mid March and it feels like a must win game especially for a midweek. It’s not but it does make for more interest. What happened to Alejandro? I know he’s coming back from injury but he was fairly effective a few yrs ago in midweeks. Find a way to get 3 of 4 this week. It’ll go a long way

I posted it earlier in this thread. During the game broadcast last night, Chris Jones said Ben Schild is scheduled to start tonight.

Reaction Score
Any word on tonight’s starter? It’s mid March and it feels like a must win game especially for a midweek. It’s not but it does make for more interest. What happened to Alejandro? I know he’s coming back from injury but he was fairly effective a few yrs ago in midweeks. Find a way to get 3 of 4 this week.
I posted it earlier in this thread. During the game broadcast last night, Chris Jones said Ben Schild is scheduled to start tonight.
ok I missed that. Schild…nice spot for him. Expectations would have to be minimal, 3 plus would be a success I’d imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom