UConn-UCF thread without complaints | The Boneyard

UConn-UCF thread without complaints

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
WARNING: If you complain or criticize in this thread, your post will be deleted. This thread is for the people who are happy the team survived to play another game and don’t care about field goal %, free throws, substitution patterns or anything else.

The games can’t all be Monets, sometimes the Huskies draw a Jackson Pollack. Some say it’s ugly, but any post-season game that ends with a win is still beautiful to me. So, for my fellow fans that are just happy and relieved that the Huskies survived and advanced, this thread is for you.

P.S. On edit - just because people are happy to have survived doesn’t necessarily mean they’re happy with the way UConn played. They saw it; they just don’t want to keep reliving it. On to the next round.

1647947132401.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
None of it matters. You can play your worst game of the season if at the end you find a way to win you advance. Besides injuries what happens in one game doesn’t make a big difference in the next game. In 2013 Louisville shot over 60% 3pt to beat Baylor and then shot around 20% the next game and got blown out.

A side note: If they count Azzi’s free throws that hit the rim as misses I think she would still shoot over 70% from the line.

Reaction Score
I think that's the first piece of modern art I like. Can you please let us know who did it? Thanks

Reaction Score
Tough tough gritty game and they did what they needed to to survive. Tougher when shots just weren't falling, but that happens sometimes. They figured it out and did enough to advance. Learn from the mistakes and move on to Bridgeport! Indiana and the sweet 16 awaits!

Reaction Score
Positives from the game for me were as follows
1. Azzi is getting a taste of the dance and she likes it
2. We have three bigs so if two foul out Viola we still have one left
3. Another game back for Paige
4. Foul shooting
5. Great defense
6. A win

Reaction Score
WARNING: If you complain or criticize in this thread, your post will be deleted. This thread is for the people who are happy the team survived to play another game and don’t care about field goal %, free throws, substitution patterns or anything else.

The games can’t all be Monets, sometimes the Huskies draw a Jackson Pollack. Some say it’s ugly, but any post-season game that ends with a win is still beautiful to me. So, for my fellow fans that are just happy and relieved that the Huskies survived and advanced, this thread is for you.

View attachment 74721
Thank you Nan - this is a breath of fresh air and sorely needed. The team took a gut punch, survived and advanced. If anything a game like this makes them stronger.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Every time Paige had physical contact, I cringed. The kid is amazing and my heart can't take much of her outside contact. She is handling it better than I. It was very good to see the team applaud the crowd at the end, and celebrate with their "6th team mate". The atmosphere must have been exhilarating.

Reaction Score

View attachment 74721
Well said, Nan! Indiana & Tennessee survived by the skin of their teeth and are ecstatic to be moving to the next round. Whoever is fortunate enough to hoist the Championship trophy will not be concerned how pretty they looked to get there. Win & advance!

Reaction Score
I don't get the complaint that UCONN was soft. It was UCF's players who panicked and started shooting airballs. It was UCF who threw the ball out of bounds numerous times out of frustration. UCF double pumped & also missed ten foul shots while UCONN calmly sealed the game at the line. The Huskies' missed layups weren't from being soft. They have been missing layups all season. It wasn't UCONN's usual smooth game, but I thought they hung tough.

Reaction Score
Well said, Nan! Indiana & Tennessee survived by the skin of their teeth and are ecstatic to be moving to the next round. Whoever is fortunate enough to hoist the Championship trophy will not be concerned how pretty they looked to get there. Win & advance!
I don’t think Notre Dames 44 point win counts anymore than ours. Survive and advance!

Reaction Score
Great idea for a thread Nan. I wasn't sure whether I even wanted to venture into the other one.

I think they got a great test tonight from a team that's very familiar and I'm not sure they will see a defense quite so tough. There are other good defensive teams but nothing as aggressive as what we saw. I think a positive is that their next two opponents haven't faced UConn recently and I think that typically favors the huskies.

Reaction Score
Was fortunate enough to be at the game with my two daughters (UCONN '14, '15) and the atmosphere was electric!! UCF's D was simply awesome and amazingly enough ours was even better!! I'm loving how the bracket has lined up. Bring on Indy and dare I say, "Go Irish":)?!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it’s a testament to the team. UCF knew that they had to make this game an ugly fest in order for it to be competitive. I give them credit for being able to impose their will, but I also give Connecticut credit for being able to compete and win in a proverbial “rock fight.”

I was a little worried about the prospect of injury from this matchup. I’m glad we came out of it with a win and relatively unscathed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom