UConn @ UCF (Fri. 3/29/19 @ 6p, Sat. 3/30 @ 6p & Sun. 3/31 @ 1p) | The Boneyard

UConn @ UCF (Fri. 3/29/19 @ 6p, Sat. 3/30 @ 6p & Sun. 3/31 @ 1p)

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting note from UCF’s release:

>>STARTING ROTATION - Head coach Greg Lovelady shook up the rotation heading into the weekend against UConn. Grant Schuermann will make the move to Friday night, after starting on Saturday for the last three weeks. The lefty has a 3.00 ERA with 25 strikeouts over 36 innings of work. Chris Williams will slide back to Saturday looking to improve upon his 25 punchouts from 20 innings. Sunday’s starter was not announced on Thursday.<<

Reaction Score
UConn: HookC Faces UCF in Orlando
UConn Game Notes for UCF: 2019 Game Notes UCF

UCF: UCF Hosts UConn for Conference Series

Friday, March 29 at UCF 6p
Mason Feole (1-0) vs. Grant Schuermann (1-3)

Saturday, March 30 at UCF 6p
Jeff Kersten (3-1) vs. Chris Williams (2-2)

Sunday, March 31 at UCF 1p
Jimmy Wang (0-1) vs. TBA

John Euliano Park - Natural Grass w/ seating capacity of 3,800

LF: 320ft
LC: 360ft
CF: 390ft
RC: 360ft
RF: 320ft

Beautiful facility; can’t wait till we get one of those on campus

Reaction Score
From D1Baseball’s this weekend’s “Under the Radar Series to Watch”:

>Connecticut at UCF: After getting swept at East Carolina last weekend, the Knights need to take care of business this weekend at home against the Huskies. While the Knights are sitting at 32 in the RPI, the resume isn’t necessarily loud with series losses to Auburn, Penn State and now East Carolina. UCF has been banged up, but there’s enough in the tank to take this series. The Huskies played well at Houston last weekend with lefthander Mason Feole returning to form and Michael Woodworth/Anthony Prato and John Toppa doing some good things offensively. This is an important series as both teams look to jockey for position in the American.<<

Reaction Score
Interesting note from UCF’s release:

>>STARTING ROTATION - Head coach Greg Lovelady shook up the rotation heading into the weekend against UConn. Grant Schuermann will make the move to Friday night, after starting on Saturday for the last three weeks. The lefty has a 3.00 ERA with 25 strikeouts over 36 innings of work. Chris Williams will slide back to Saturday looking to improve upon his 25 punchouts from 20 innings. Sunday’s starter was not announced on Thursday.<<

Hmmm...

So are they saving their top guy for Kersten because they think it's the more winnable match-up?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
From D1Baseball’s this weekend’s “Under the Radar Series to Watch”:

>Connecticut at UCF: After getting swept at East Carolina last weekend, the Knights need to take care of business this weekend at home against the Huskies. While the Knights are sitting at 32 in the RPI, the resume isn’t necessarily loud with series losses to Auburn, Penn State and now East Carolina. UCF has been banged up, but there’s enough in the tank to take this series. The Huskies played well at Houston last weekend with lefthander Mason Feole returning to form and Michael Woodworth/Anthony Prato and John Toppa doing some good things offensively. This is an important series as both teams look to jockey for position in the American.<<

D1 Baseball reporter seems to think that UCF is a "better team". The Huskies played well last weekend. UCF but there is enough in the tank to take this series. Let's sweep them and show D1 Baseball why we should be ranked

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If you're willing to pay for it, yes. Otherwise, WHUS and Chris Jones make for great listening. I have to confess, Chris Jones is always my preferred option when it comes to UConn baseball.

Thank you! I was looking for a free video feed but have listened to 3-4 games this year on WHUS and agree that Chris does a great job.

Reaction Score
Not your typical Feole start. Double, K, Ground Out, Wild Pitch. UCF leads 1-0.

Reaction Score
Poor bunting leads to a DP. UCF leads 1-0 headed to the bottom of the 2nd.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Easy 1-2-3 for UCF. Poor UConn at-bats to start the game.

Yea this is painful. When was the last time UConn was good at bunting?

Note: I dislike bunting in the first place so I do not care if we suck at it, but if we are going to call bunts we need to get them down.

Reaction Score
Feole struggling with his command. If there is one aspect of his game that he needs to improve on, that is it. Drives his pitch count up way too fast.

Reaction Score
Yea this is painful. When was the last time UConn was good at bunting?

Note: I dislike bunting in the first place so I do not care if we suck at it, but if we are going to call bunts we need to get them down.

Good timing. LOL.

Reaction Score
Can we please start taking some pitches. At this rate this guy is going to pitch a complete game on 70 pitches.

Reaction Score
I'll be watching the WBB game vs UCLA on mute while listening to Jonesy.

One of those divided attention nights. In addition to the upcoming women's game, I was hoping that my wife would go get dinner (Friday night take out), but when I got home I found out she was a bit under the weather. Best laid plans....

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Can we please start taking some pitches. At this rate this guy is going to pitch a complete game on 70 pitches.

We did a great job of that early on in the year, especially against Louisville. Not sure what happened.

Feole is giving us a chance to win. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom