uconn tops at least one list | The Boneyard

uconn tops at least one list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the second story of this type that I've seen. The first story was on espn. I also think we started playing a bit better when the first story was published. Probably no connection, but bring on the bad press. I think it will fuel us.

Reaction Score
But Kevin Ollie is a great unrepalcable coach to the majority of people on this board.

This season will mark three consecutive years of underachieving. They keep this up, they will no longer be in the conversation of disappoints, it will just be the new expectation for Uconn.

On a positive note I believe they have the talent to be a very good team next year.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
But Kevin Ollie is a great unrepalcable coach to the majority of people on this board.

This season will mark three consecutive years of underachieving. They keep this up, they will no longer be in the conversation of disappoints, it will just be the new expectation for Uconn.

On a positive note I believe they have the talent to be a very good team next year.

Yawn.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
This is a stupid article because a real letdown is where you have a full compliment of players and they don't achieve which is not the case here. Those 2 losses to mids a letdown but explainable with new players and freshman. The big letdown for us is the fact that injuries happened. The record is fait accompli.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I'm still trying to find the definition of the adjective unrepalcable

Reaction Score
This is a stupid article because a real letdown is where you have a full compliment of players and they don't achieve which is not the case here. Those 2 losses to mids a letdown but explainable with new players and freshman. The big letdown for us is the fact that injuries happened. The record is fait accompli.

The fact is, KO didn't have the team ready to play to start the year.

Then injuries happened, which, in addition to neutering this season before it began (save AACT possibilities), robs us of a data point on whether KO could get these guys to improve and gel throughout the year.

The 2014 team came together in March, spectacularly.
The 2015 team basically went nowhere.
The 2016 team got hot for maybe 4-5 games around the AACT, but largely was who they were in November.
The 2017 team is now a giant asterisk.

It's possible that a full team with Gilbert and Larrier would have stormed back to relevance and gotten into the Tournament hot as a 4-5 seed.

It's also possible that the full team would have remained a mess and stumbled to the NIT.

We'll never know.

So in that sense "letdown" may be unfair, but I also wouldn't complain for someone to say the first week of the season -- at full strength -- was a giant letdown.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
This year is not over yet and "it ain't over till it's over."
Last year was a very good year. Over 25 wins, one of the most exciting league tournament games in college BB history, an AAC championship and a
Saturday night opportunity to beat the No.1. seed.
Two years ago. We were playing our best ball and in the running for AAC title when Boatright got knocked out and injured effectively ending the season.
Three years ago. Won the NC.
Four years ago: Ollie saved program.

People have to remember we have no short trips to Boston, Providence, NYC. anymore in our league schedule. UConn now has NBA-style swings into Texas for crying out loud and different time zones. These are college kids.

Reaction Score
Are we still pretending that Cuse win meant anything after that embarrassment of a lose last night to St. John's?

Reaction Score
Are we still pretending that Cuse win meant anything after that embarrassment of a lose last night to St. John's?
Were we pretending it meant anything before that, beyond being great to beat a rival in a year we stink?

Reaction Score

"On a positive note I believe they have the talent to be a very good team next year."...stay in line with this type of thinking you'll be a happier person for it.

Or as the famous boog said one day - "Have a cookie or something"

C

Chief00

Just be a good fan for UConn MBB. Go to the games and complain about loses but don't let that impact supporting the team.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Syracuse could lose every game for the rest of the year and it would still mean something. If you think otherwise, you are ignoring 40 years of compelling history between the two schools. That's what being a rival means.

And on a further note, Syracuse fans feel equally strongly about UConn. Oh, they'll deny it like their life depended on it not being true, but actions speak louder than words. On their board, there are more threads created about UConn than any other school (go ahead, use the search feature and see for yourself). And those threads universally contain the kind of vitriol only reserved for an entity that has attained rival status.

Go sit in the corner and rethink your UConn fanship, if you are really a fan at all. If not, bugger off, you filthy little flea.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Let down? A team loaded with Freshman? Even if there were zero injuries I cannot wait for next year. Anything good happens this year is a bonus. A trailor for next year. We have good kids. They are playing well for Freshman. Give them a chance. Enjoy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom