UConn to the B10????? | The Boneyard

UConn to the B10?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
We've been hearing this rumor for quite a while. While it would be nice, I'm not holding my breath.
I fear we would all be dead if we did hold our breath for it. While I think UConn is making all the right moves to become an enticing "product" to one of the power conferences, I don't think they are quite there yet.

Reaction Score
Sounds like idle speculation with no facts to support it. I'd say the chance of this move happening within the next couple years is very slim.

Reaction Score
I sure hope it's the B1G for us one day. I am so sick about the ACC and all their hatred for Uconn. If our football program can be respectable this year, we will get serious consideration.

Reaction Score
Why would UConn want to be in the B1G, the women's basketball in the B1G is not much better than the AAC, they have maybe 3/4 teams PSU,Neb,Maryland,Rutgers and the two latter teams the jury will be out in them next season, I would want UConn to stay in the AAC and try to build that conference up,

Secondly UConn would have to give up its tv contract with SNY because all media will run through the B1G network, just something to think about

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn would make up whatever they loss on the SNY contract if they were able to get the dollars the Big 10 Network pays each school. Football attendance would dramatically increase if Big 10 schools regularly came to Hartford. Joining the Big 1o would be huge for UConn if it happens.

I would suspect UConn would also show an increase in Academic Grants as well.

Reaction Score
Why would UConn want to be in the B1G, the women's basketball in the B1G is not much better than the AAC, they have maybe 3/4 teams PSU,Neb,Maryland,Rutgers and the two latter teams the jury will be out in them next season, I would want UConn to stay in the AAC and try to build that conference up,

Secondly UConn would have to give up its tv contract with SNY because all media will run through the B1G network, just something to think about
Stability, + http://www.jconline.com/story/sport...ue/8187133/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Reaction Score
Why would UConn want to be in the B1G,

Because the B1G makes gobs and gobs more money than the AAC.

And the idea that the AAC competition in WCBB is any way comparable to the B1G is a joke. The Big10 is not great, but the AAC truly sucks.

As for the rumor, please just stop. It's not happening anytime soon. And if there were any movement, you can be sure there'd be more news than something from 2 weeks ago.

Reaction Score

Goddad, no spitting match here as I love the team this page of the board represents. Having said that you have to realize a conference relationship is about all 28 teams and not just the womens bb team. Do some homework (google / bing) and see how watered down the schedule has become for the mens bb, football, soccer, etc.
Please take a moment to think about a conference that has their OWN network to one that has a contract with SNY...Hint...$
I would donate to the buy out of any contract in a heart beat to get back what we lost in competition for all our teams.
Again not to slander anything you say just a difference of opinion, realize all our best games that will sell tickets at this time in most sports will be the ones we can get OUT of conference. ...Just say'n

HGN

Reaction Score
The university wants it to happen.....from a cash and exposure standpoint. This is about football. As I have said before. : "BASKETBALL PROVIDES THE THRILLS , BUT FOOTBALL PAYS THE BILLS."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have said before that this has continued to be a persistent rumor out in this part of the country.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And that Elvis and Andy Kaufman are not really dead.

Reaction Score
If you look at the conference realignment board (which is, BTW, a pretty depressing place overall), you see that there have been rumors of this magnitude every few weeks or so, over the last year or two. I'd like UConn in the B1G, but will believe it when I see it, as Chapette said.

Reaction Score
I fear we would all be dead if we did hold our breath for it. While I think UConn is making all the right moves to become an enticing "product" to one of the power conferences, I don't think they are quite there yet.

What is it that you feel is needed to be done to be an "enticing product"?

Reaction Score

Womens basketball plays very little part in the decision making process to switch conferences.

Reaction Score
I would love to move to the BIG or any other Power 5 conference but honestly I think UConn is much better suited for the ACC.

Reaction Score
I'm glad I made a spark on the subject, yes I know the B1G payout is huge I think around 24mil a year, and WCBB has no say or ledge to stand on, yes the AAC is not on the B1G level as a whole but I was really only talking from a WCBB point, but I think the ACC would be a better fit for the UConn program all around but I don't think they want to let UConn in, I'm just not a fan of B1G Women's basketball, Men's basketball and football are top notch

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There's also been a persistent rumor that the end of the world is coming.
Yes, but here there are, actually, people connected to and involved in the B1G through Penn State. Harold Camping and others predicting the end of the world aren't even connected to the Bible they think keeps telling them secrets no one else can see and ignoring passages everyone can read.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let's see Penn St, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers (Michigan St. and Iowa also made the tourney)

vs

USF, and ummmm Temple??, and ummm SMU??, Memphis???

Really???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01