UConn To Play First Ever Game In Canada For Kia Nurse Homecoming | The Boneyard

UConn To Play First Ever Game In Canada For Kia Nurse Homecoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has agreed to a deal with Duquesne to play a game at the Mattamy Athletic Centre during the 2017-18 season, Nurse's senior year.

Nurse's hometown of Hamilton, Ontario is about 50 miles from Toronto.

It will be UConn's first regular-season game in Canada. The Huskies defeated Washington, Northern Colorado and Florida at the Caribbean Classic in Cancun, Mexico in December of 2008.

The contest may be part of a doubleheader that would include Ryerson University, which plays its home games at Mattamy.

Complete story HERE

Reaction Score
Wow! I hope everyone remembers their passports. :)

BTW, what did they do for Svet?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Are passports now required to enter Canada? On my last visit (in the early 70's) they were not. Crossing the border was as easy as strolling into a 7-11.

Reaction Score
My Grandparents came to the states before 1910 so having that heritage Iam very happy for her. Also extremely happy for Rita Williams a tremendous pg for Uconn who IMO gets overlooked because of the tremendous PGs from the program.

Reaction Score
Are passports now required to enter Canada? On my last visit (in the early 70's) they were not. Crossing the border was as easy as strolling into a 7-11.

A passport is best if you have one but you can also apply for a special card, which costs less than a passport, which allows you to drive across the border. A passport is required if you choose to fly.

Reaction Score
My grandson got an enhanced license when he renewed,yesterday. Bring birth certificate or passport and 2 forms of id,.

Reaction Score
I was cycling across the border in 2006 and a whole gang of us (called a peloton) got bunched up at the border, where we each had to show ID. The Canadian guard took one look at this large group of over-aged, weary cyclists (about 350 miles into our ride) and just waved us through without checking!

Reaction Score
"Crossing the border was as easy as strolling into a 7-11". But not after 9-11.
I crossed that border nearly 100 times prior to Passports being required--not as easy as the Mexican border but easy--I finally got my passports so I can again visit relatives. Now another reason to have a passport. I brought a full size sleigh back on top of my car when the border was open--and got stopped--I asked why--we wanted to look at your sleigh was the reply.
God Bless Geno and Christine--super move for a super kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Damn! I just read that the arena used to go by another name: Maple Leaf Gardens. That's BIG TIME!

Reaction Score
And don't forget that passports are no longer valid if they are to expire in 6 months of less time.

Reaction Score
I know I should not feel this way, but I do. I miss the old days when I can go to Old Montreal and have a great French cuisine meal and go back to Burlington without any documentation. I graduated from UVM years ago and moved around but only needed passport when I went on business to Europe or Japan. I have always thought of Canada as almost home.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
whitfield.fredricka.jpg

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
They want to ensure the passport will still be valid when you come back in.
And you need to have enough open pages (for stamps) for some countries as well. The Passport Service is suggesting renewing or applying early now as this is a big year for renewals - all the passports that were taken out for the "new" cross border requirements are coming due this year. I had to renew mine.

I'd suggest also going for the extra page passport as it's no extra charge.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Really? That's weird. Why have expiration dates then?

The validity and expiration date vary country by country. Some countries are OK as long as it expires after you leave. Others require that is is valid for 1, 3 or up to 6 months after your planned exit date. Looking at the info on the Canadian embassy page, "Valid at time of entry" seems to be the only criteria.

Reaction Score
> UConn To Play First Ever Game In Canada For Kia Nurse Homecoming

You mean Maine isn't part of America North, I mean Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom