UConn to Bridgeport ? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn to Bridgeport ?

Reaction Score
Charlie’s matches mine and 90% of other fans lol. I hate to break it to you, but the boneyard does not represent a unbiased sample, rather it’s your personal echo chamber. Look around various projections and metrics. Also take a look at past seeding. Also, nice try to get aggressive at me for having the majority opinion. As for Villanova, imo they aren’t in. SH pulling the upset cost Nova a chance to improve their resume.
Creme has Villanova replacing SD St. as an at-large entrant. South Dakota beat SD St. for their Summit League title.

Reaction Score
Would not be a 15 or 16 seed. Those are the invariably the AQs from the weaker one-bid conferences. The final at-large picks are usually 11 or maybe 12 seeds.
That’s right, good point.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why the NCAA would be out to get UConn at this point.........it's been a while since they've won a national championship and they do bring with them high attendance numbers and what I presume are the highest television rankings among all of the teams in the tournament.........I would think a UConn - South Carolina or a UConn - Stanford final would be the best possible match ups from a ratings perspective.......

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why the NCAA would be out to get UConn at this point.........it's been a while since they've won a national championship and they do bring with them high attendance numbers and what I presume are the highest television rankings among all of the teams in the tournament.........I would think a UConn - South Carolina or a UConn - Stanford final would be the best possible match ups from a ratings perspective.......
The voice of reason.

Reaction Score
I like the way Megan Gauer thinks. If Oklahoma loses in the Big 12 tournament ND would take their place giving UConn the chance to play Iowa or ND. Or both?

Attachments

• FNb10hzXMA4GyYU.jpeg
    FNb10hzXMA4GyYU.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 116
Reaction Score
The voice of reason.
If the argument is that UConn should be in Bridgeport because of enhanced ratings, then do not complain when a non-P5 team is left out of the BCS football championship series because of..................ratings.

Reaction Score
Charlie’s matches mine and 90% of other fans lol. I hate to break it to you, but the boneyard does not represent a unbiased sample, rather it’s your personal echo chamber. Look around various projections and metrics. Also take a look at past seeding. Also, nice try to get aggressive at me for having the majority opinion. As for Villanova, imo they aren’t in. SH pulling the upset cost Nova a chance to improve their resume.
IMO...............Villanova is the only other BE team worthy (barely) of an NCAA women's at-large bid. The league, while improving, doesn't measure up.

Reaction Score
I do not think the NCAA is out to get UConn, and even if they were I don’t think it would matter this year. I smell #12 for Geno, the team seems to be coming together at just the right time. Judging from his last few courtside post game interviews, I think he likes what he is seeing.

Reaction Score
Ducharme didn’t play at all, and Fudd only played for 10 minutes and was still dealing with foot issues. Dorka also played at not 100%. Edwards played too but was not the same player she is now. Lastly I might remind you that UConn led in this game at halftime despite all the negatives.
Did Fudd get hurt in the previous game before SC? Her foot looked fine when she scored about 20 points the day before SC. Her problem in the SC game, was defending and getting open looks.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Did Fudd get hurt in the previous game before SC? Her foot looked fine when she scored about 20 points the day before SC. Her problem in the SC game, was defending and getting open looks.
Azzi only played 10 minutes in the SC game and sat out the next 11 games due to her foot. So I would say that most likely she did re-injury her foot in the SC game, if I remember correctly she played almost the whole 2nd quarter and that was mostly it.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If the argument is that UConn should be in Bridgeport because of enhanced ratings, then do not complain when a non-P5 team is left out of the BCS football championship series because of..................ratings.
Who's complaining, we don't have football here.

Reaction Score
UConn was a #3 seed the last reveal. I have never seen a team jump a whole seed line (from 3 to 1) in a couple of weeks without beating a ranked opponent. To get up to the second #2 seed would be a great accomplishment.
Have you ever seen a womens basketball coach win 11 National Championships?

Reaction Score
I like the way Megan Gauer thinks. If Oklahoma loses in the Big 12 tournament ND would take their place giving UConn the chance to play Iowa or ND. Or both?
Oops. My mistake. ND won't be there because of North Carolina.

Reaction Score
IMO...............Villanova is the only other BE team worthy (barely) of an NCAA women's at-large bid. The league, while improving, doesn't measure up.
Absolutely agree. Imo Villanova/Creighton were the only two with a chance entering the Conf. tourney and Creighton getting upset hurt both.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Who said anything about football ratings and the BCS? :confused:

Reaction Score
Please watch the tape from early in season to BET. She is clearly moving better. She was hurt over the summer and it clearly lingered. She was able to play well against teams that aren’t as physical as SC, but let’s not be all about SC defense and think Fudd was 100%.

Reaction Score
Please watch the tape from early in season to BET. She is clearly moving better. She was hurt over the summer and it clearly lingered. She was able to play well against teams that aren’t as physical as SC, but let’s not be all about SC defense and think Fudd was 100%.
I was not implying anything. I didn't see the South Fla. game just her stats. So I didn't know which game she reaggravated her foot in.

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying for weeks we will be a 2 seed in bridgeport as they won’t put us with SC in the same region. Still feel that way and just saw creme has finally woken up and has is as the. 6 team meaning the 2 seed in bridgeport. Once there it’s up to the ladies to do heir thing!

Reaction Score
Not saying there is any significant motivation, but what was the motivation the press was giving Geno for UCONN players picked for the Olympic team which he wasn't even coaching?

Didn't Geno tell a story last year that Paige came into his office one day early during her frosh year and told Geno she was amazed how many people really hate UCONN?

Reaction Score
So, the committee could award Duke an at-large invitation due to injuries, and take that at-large invitation away from another deserving at-large team? That's unfortunate.

I'm more of the belief that "injuries are part of the game".
Then the NCAA shouldn't say anything about injuries. But they do. You are making a rule up that the NCAA doesn't have ("injuries are part of the game") just so it fits your narrative. If the NCAA has it for review then it is part of the game.

IMO at least some/many of us are interpreting the NCAA should take an existing rule into account to a higher degree. Your comment suggests/implies to basically throw away the injury rule.

And while you talk about Duke vs the other team-- I recall years ago Duke found out they were in UCONN's region and I read somewhere the Duke's klds hearts sank. Because that was one of the year's UCONN was amazing.

So in this case putting UCONN in a region so they knock off some other teams that would have had a better shot if the NCAA just used common sense- that's bad too. Those teams that UCONN would knock off in the lower rounds "deserve better" too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom