UConn to be honored by Red Sox and Yankees | The Boneyard

UConn to be honored by Red Sox and Yankees

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’d love to give you credit for calling this but it was in all the newspapers multiple times in the last 2 months. So you get no credit! :)
Well this is the first I've heard of it. Why is it just being posted in Tweets now? I knew about the Mets one.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Well this is the first I've heard of it. Why is it just being posted in Tweets now? I knew about the Mets one.

because Twitter is just now actually working.

Reaction Score

It was in this thread:

I thought it was mentioned more times on here but I can't find them so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. :)

First time I saw it mentioned was on April 24 in the Courant.

Plans for a ceremonial first pitch at a New York Mets game are expected to be finalized in the coming weeks, while The Athletic reported Monday that New Englanders Donovan Clingan, a Bristol native, and Alex Karaban, from Southborough, Mass., have plans to throw out a first pitch before a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park.

Then again on April 25 in the Register.

UConn is also likely to be honored by the Red Sox in an upcoming game at Fenway Park, as well. Donovan Clingan, the 7-foot-2 freshman center from Bristol, and Massachusetts native Alex Karaban are slated to throw out the ceremonial first pitch for that one.

Then again on May 1 in the Courant again.

Jordan Hawkins, the Gaithersburg, Md. native expected to be a first round NBA Draft pick, was just in front of the mound when he threw out the first pitch at a Baltimore Orioles game in April. New Englanders Donovan Clingan, from Bristol, and Alex Karaban, from Southborough, Mass., are waiting for plans to be finalized for a first pitch ahead of a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park.

Then on May 23 in the Courant again.

Karaban and Clingan, the Bristol native, are planning to throw a first pitch before a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park at some point in July, the date yet to be determined.

Reaction Score
It was in this thread:

I thought it was mentioned more times on here but I can't find them so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. :)

First time I saw it mentioned was on April 24 in the Courant.

Plans for a ceremonial first pitch at a New York Mets game are expected to be finalized in the coming weeks, while The Athletic reported Monday that New Englanders Donovan Clingan, a Bristol native, and Alex Karaban, from Southborough, Mass., have plans to throw out a first pitch before a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park.

Then again on April 25 in the Register.

UConn is also likely to be honored by the Red Sox in an upcoming game at Fenway Park, as well. Donovan Clingan, the 7-foot-2 freshman center from Bristol, and Massachusetts native Alex Karaban are slated to throw out the ceremonial first pitch for that one.

Then again on May 1 in the Courant again.

Jordan Hawkins, the Gaithersburg, Md. native expected to be a first round NBA Draft pick, was just in front of the mound when he threw out the first pitch at a Baltimore Orioles game in April. New Englanders Donovan Clingan, from Bristol, and Alex Karaban, from Southborough, Mass., are waiting for plans to be finalized for a first pitch ahead of a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park.

Then on May 23 in the Courant again.

Karaban and Clingan, the Bristol native, are planning to throw a first pitch before a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park at some point in July, the date yet to be determined.

So what are you trying to say??

Reaction Score
Maybe one of our Huskies will throw out the first pitch and another Husky, who is a fan of the other team can attempt the first hit. :D

Reaction Score
So what are you trying to say??
Yeah sorry to bust on @HuskyHawk but I thought it was funny that he took credit for something that was reported many times. So I had to stomp on him for patting himself on the back. :)

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
so awesome! my local church had the honor of throwing out a pitch at a Reds game a few years ago.

love to see other mlb teams giving the same opportunities!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah sorry to bust on @HuskyHawk but I thought it was funny that he took credit for something that was reported many times. So I had to stomp on him for patting himself on the back. :)
It is what it is. I don't live in CT, didn't see those articles or read the Mets thread aside from seeing the title. Just logical that it would be those two guys. Danny would consider it blasphemous to throw the pitch at Fenway I'm sure.

Reaction Score
so awesome! my local church had the honor of throwing out a pitch at a Reds game a few years ago.

love to see other mlb teams giving the same opportunities!

Maybe one day an actual Bearcat might get that opportunity

Nah

Reaction Score
Any confirmation on the Red Sox game this Friday yet? And when is usually first pitch? I’m going to the game!

Reaction Score
Any confirmation on the Red Sox game this Friday yet? And when is usually first pitch? I’m going to the game!
Yes. First pitch is about 7:00.

The Huskies, who finished their 19th summer practice on Monday, will be honored Friday at Fenway Park, before the Red Sox play the Mets......

Reaction Score
Yes. First pitch is about 7:00.

The Huskies, who finished their 19th summer practice on Monday, will be honored Friday at Fenway Park, before the Red Sox play the Mets......

The second best George Brett story/video.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom