UCONN-Texas post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN-Texas post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not a fan of how Texas plays , that’s just the way Vic coaches them .. UConn showed a lot of grit and played just as physical .. Some of the touch fouls and flops were questionable overall great team game .. I just don’t see this team have scoring droughts like years past just too many weapons I really liked the entire team attacked the basket ..
Need to make them free throws or teams will just keep fouling UConn ..
Azzi she was lights out tonight she needs to work on being a little more on her passing at times can be careless but that’s just nick picking ..
Aubrey just a warrior no fear at all after back surgery ..
Lou she’s been a great pickup she made baskets when UConn needed them to stop Texas’s momentum ..
Patterson is gonna be a force inside once the game slows down for her ..
Nika is Nika glad we have her and no one else does
Dorka and Edwards both played well wish they would do a better job at securing rebounds at times ..
Overall great team win on to NC State

Reaction Score
Love what Azzi did today. I’m glad Aubrey is back. She will continue to get into a groove as she gets more playing time. The defense she and Nika bring is dynamic. Which is why I think they played most of the second half.
A lot of miscommunication on defense. Luckily Texas didn’t capitalize too much. Lou needs to work on defense.
Bummer that Caroline and Ayanna didn’t get much minutes. We will need them. Can’t go 6 deep again.
Tennessee lost, and UConn won, in the same night. So let’s take the W and prepare for NC State

Reaction Score
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I predicted 90 and we only got 83. Also, D-lapses in the last couple minutes closed the MOV way more than I had imagined.

But I couldn't be happier with this result. Azzi is everything we could hope for. Her parents were in the stands -- of course -- and they must have been thrilled. I was thrilled! Awesome game, awesome shooting 57% from 3, over 60% from the floor, 100% ft. Too many turnovers, but she was the primary pg against a tough pressing team. We can cut her some slack on that, and it pretty much disappeared in the second half, when she turned on the jets.

Reaction Score
Aubrey took time away from Caroline and Lou in the second half with her stellar play. Azzi on fire. Nika just fires everyone up. Dorka and Aaliya did a good job on the boards. Lou got us going early. Pretty intense first two and a half quarters and then Azzi took over and I could relax.

Reaction Score
You could see that Texas had more depth and their freshmen are very talented. I think Vic has a very strong team and that depth really helps them. Geno really wanted the win but in hindsight I think not using the rotation in the 2’nd half probably hurt them. We can’t count on shooting like that every game. We need Ayanna, Aubrey and Caroline fully integrated on a regular basis.

I thought this was Nika’s best game ever. Against top competition. She only helped us overall. Great defense and great passing.

Reaction Score
Such a fantastic Monday! Azzi showed last years (still very good!!!) Azzi is nowhere to be found. A NPOY candidate in the making and taking back the narrative that has always been in her favor as an elite. Aubrey was incredible and a game changer. Nika is a difference maker on both sides of the floor as well. Dorka is involved everywhere and a huge bonus to have for another year. Can't wait to see Caroline back at full force for this team. We are 100% a contender.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't remember seeing so many blocks, even from behind, where no foul was called. Regardless if a foul was made or not, most officials will blow the whistle.

It's was a great game and I also believe that the final score doesn't represent how well our Huskies played and fought for all 200 minutes.

But what I really want to know is "where was Amari?" :):eek::rolleyes: (100% sarcasm)

Reaction Score
As a team, even though we shot well tonight, I sense that everyone not named Azzi will struggle to score against top competition. We still need Caroline to take it to another level.
Lol what is "top competition" if they just beat the #3 team in the country? Are you basically just doubting them against SC and Stanford? If that is the post just say it, but you're acting like they did not just knock off a team ranked ahead of them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Full box score Women's Basketball vs Texas on 11/14/2022 - Box Score - University of Connecticut Athletics

UConn only

11CE06E4-19BD-4F3E-AEBA-C412FBD7FAD4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Haha! Someone at ESPN has recognized that Azzi is a clear NPOY candidate. The main video clip they have on the top of their main WCBB page is this win -- but it's 2:25 long and it's essentially just an Azzi highlight reel. This is unusual for them.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
For those prognosticators who were saying UConn was questionable for the Final Four - guess again.

Tonight was a slug fest. Texas plays very physical and now we know UConn can play just as physical.

Nika - any doubt she is our PG? 6 points and 9 assists. Her defensive intensity caused Texas guards fits all night.

Lou - she is the real deal. Very cool in pressure situations.

Dorka - fought like a warrior all night. Good defense and rebounding.

Aaliyah - really good game despite the 4 fouls. She is a rock underneath.

Aubrey - WOW - just WOW. Defense and offense all night long. She is going to be trouble for most teams.

Azzi - what can you say. AMAZING. I truly believe she is a better player when she drives and takes those sort pull ups. That's what opens up the open 3's for her.

This team will improve. Caroline played some but was not a factor. We know that will change. Ayanna is aggressive and the more she plays the better she will get. Love her aggression on the boards.

Reaction Score
Aubrey took time away from Caroline and Lou in the second half with her stellar play. Azzi on fire. Nika just fires everyone up. Dorka and Aaliya did a good job on the boards. Lou got us going early. Pretty intense first two and a half quarters and then Azzi took over and I could relax.
Caroline coming back from injury- she’ll play more & more. Aubrey was fantastic- love her defensive stance, her quickness and slicing to the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom