UConn TAMU Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn TAMU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I compare UConn teams to past ones. Perhaps the wrong way to look at it.
No right or wrong way I guess. I think someone who didn't see the game would just see that UCONN won their Elite 8 game by 15 points and is going to the FF (AGAIN), and maybe think that T A&M must have put up a pretty decent fight for a while. We're so invested in every minute and every second that we get all stressed out. I bet none of our players ever had the slightest doubt about the outcome.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win by the team. Defense was the key to the win. Once they got the lead to double digits you knew A&M couldn't score enough to win the game. Love the game of the two Courtney's. A&M needs a post player that can score in the low paint and pass the ball out to the two Courtney's for their mid range jump shot.

Reaction Score
No right or wrong way I guess. I think someone who didn't see the game would just see that UCONN won their Elite 8 game by 15 points and is going to the FF (AGAIN), and maybe think that T A&M must have put up a pretty decent fight for a while. We're so invested in every minute and every second that we get all stressed out. I bet none of our players ever had the slightest doubt about the outcome.
For me the game felt a little like Baylor. Close at times (Baylor closed to within 3 in the 2nd half just like A&M did), but I always felt eventually UConn would pull away. If the opponent was ND I would definitely not have that same sense of security.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
This is not the correct net.... no action here.... Lorenza Jefferson ‏@LorenzaJeffers2 8m Yes sir ,.. This is not the goal !!!! Go Huskies! !!!! pic.twitter.com/3S6fdJKVPz Expand

Lol love it!!

See that cotton net just swingin' in the breeze ! No Huskies even looking that direction.

Someone in facilities operations should quietly put that latter back in the equipment storage room where it belongs.

Reaction Score
For me the game felt a little like Baylor. Close at times (Baylor closed to within 3 in the 2nd half just like A&M did), but I always felt eventually UConn would pull away. If the opponent was ND I would definitely not have that same sense of security.
Nope. That's what will make it a fun game - no guaranteed outcome, a 'real' competition. I feel same way about Stanford (assuming they beat UNC) - they are well-coached, get a LOT better through the season, and Tara adjusts well from the previous meeting.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Lol love it!!

See that cotton net just swingin' in the breeze ! No Huskies even looking that direction.

Someone in facilities operations should quietly put that latter back in the equipment storage room where it belongs.
I'm pretty sure that ladder had to go out there even though everyone knew that UConn would not use it. The ladder company has a sponsorship deal I believe so it had to go out there to be on display.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The stress of this whole game occurred because of the bad Mojo of a thread opening post that said, "Ugh." I mean how can a team play with that type of supplication to the hoops gods.

Very bad, very, very bad. :eek:

Ugh is not a cheer. Game threads need to open with a cheer. A strong cheer. It's a tip of the hat to the gameday cheers of the old board.

Reaction Score
The stress of this whole game occurred because of the bad Mojo of a thread opening post that said, "Ugh." I mean how can a team play with that type of supplication to the hoops gods.

Very bad, very, very bad. :eek:

Ugh is not a cheer. Game threads need to open with a cheer. A strong cheer. It's a tip of the hat to the gameday cheers of the old board.
U!
C!
O!
N!
N!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics