Uconn/Syracuse Television Rating | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn/Syracuse Television Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are missing the obvious point: No one in Houston gives a about the Cougars unless they are playing a B12 school or in a championship. Big East teams are not going to change that.

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you - I'm not disagreeing with you about Houston's draw of viewership in their local community right now. It's not the viewership now, that matters.

The people that have set up the future of the Big East conference, know a lot more about television and live sports programming, than you or I. The people that have done that, and are invested, and interested in the future success of the Big East conference, and have set up things they way they are - because they are actually interested in the future success of the conference, and not trying to be the primary profit driver for some kind of entertainment corporate entity.

The Big East was ESPN's bitch to pump and toss around the room whenever they felt like it for 3 decades. THe big east will do much better, with broadcasting partners that are interested in the success of the conference, and treat us with respect in bed, rather than the relationship we had with ESPN in the past - and there's nothing to really make me think that ESPN can't be that future partner - (except that there is less than a week left, before the exclusive window is over) - because ESPN has the ACC as it's bitch now.

Reaction Score
Gee, I can't wait to the see the number for Pitt at Rent 11/9.

seriously, these Friday night games are free national advertising for your program. Right now we're looking at a pretty bad optic. Lots of empty seats and no buzz in stadium if coaching duties status quo remains the same. Nobody even needs to be fired (yet). Just some announcement that there's going to be a change in either person calling plays or Foley going back to coaching the line. Something. . anything .. . .

This, I entirely agree with. Our university and athletic department leadership needs toreally pay attention to the product that our program is putting out on the shelves for everybody to see. We get another shot in a couple of weeks to redeem ourselves on national TV - at home. I'll be in my seats - I already paid for them.......

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thursday night is dead for the Big Boy College Football Teams...getting killed by the NFL Network. Friday is going to a boon for schools Cuse and UConn in the future years. Most SEC/B12/B10/ACC schools can't play on Fridays for political reasons.

I told people that would happen on the other board and was told I was nuts. NFL on thursday is already killing thursday night college football. I don't like Fridays, but I think we're probably going to be having Big East football friday nights in the future.

I've been on board with this line of thinking ever since the NFL got a taste for Thursday night football.

Bottom line the NFL can kill college football ratings any time they decide to compete head to head against it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
do they sell beer at an on campus stadium? I know you are just kidding, but I'm curious.

I was dead serious. He texted me after the 2nd time Whitmer got sacked. "At least the beer is cold"

There is no rule aginst on-campus beer sales. It's up to the college.

The NCAA has a no-beer rule, that's why the don't sell it at NCAA tournament games. Every bowl game I've went to had beer.

Reaction Score
How does this give Aresco ammo? I guarantee the ratings were because of Syracuse nationally, not our rabid fanbase

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't like Fridays, but I think we're probably going to be having Big East football friday nights in the future.

Friday night games are better than Thursday nights any day of the week.

Reaction Score
How does this give Aresco ammo? I guarantee the ratings were because of Syracuse nationally, not our rabid fanbase

You do realize that other Big East team's fans watch other Big East games right?

Reaction Score
You do realize that other Big East team's fans watch other Big East games right?

This is a concept that I think is a level of comprehension above where many are at right now.

I"ll just speak for myself. I'm 100% certain, that I'll be interested in a say a San Diego State vs. Southern Methodist game in October 2013....the level of interest will depend on what the Big East standings look like a year from now, and where UConn fits in, so I don't know if I'd be interested enough to tune in and watch, but if it's the only thing on? Of course I'm going to watch, and I'm sure as heck going to be interested enough to see what the score is on my phone when I'm checking the big east scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom