Uconn/Syracuse Television Rating | The Boneyard

Uconn/Syracuse Television Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The game drew a 0.7 nationally. Hopefully things get sorted out before the new television contract.

Reaction Score
On paper that game figured to be a 13-10 snoozefest: Big East football at its usual and UConn as exhibit A. At least Syracuse provided some action that viewers could enjoy. Although for UConn fans there was nothing enjoyable about that game.

Reaction Score
Yes they sell beer at the Dome

0.7 is in line with what other games have been drawing...better than what Rutgers draws nationally. Houston at SMU drew a 0.13 share in the Houston market on a RSN...that can't be good for Aresco.

Reaction Score
Looking at this:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...t-princes-aqua-teen-hunger-force-more/154119/

I really don't know if the OP was a negative or positive thing.

I don't see the game listed here - but if it was a 0.7 national rating - that would tie the game for 4th most watched cable program on Friday night coast to coast. That would actually be pretty shocking if true, don't you think? 3-4 UConn vs. 2-4 Syracuse?

I would have thought it would be much lower than that.

Reaction Score

0.7 is in line with what other games have been drawing...better than what Rutgers draws nationally. Houston at SMU drew a 0.13 share in the Houston market on a RSN...that can't be good for Aresco.

Why not?

Reaction Score

That's funny. Because all these experts here keep telling us how "markets" are so important making the assumption that the teams in Philly, Houston and Dallas are actually a draw in those markets.

Meanwhile, K State vs. Cornfield State U gets a much bigger number.

This is why I think ECU would have been a much better member for the Big East than Memphis or even Temple. More people will watch an ECU game in all of North Carolina than will watch a Memphis game in Memphis or all of Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Never mind - I found it myself.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2...s-cowboys-high-school-uh-comparisons-of-note/

Friday: Giants-Cardinals 5, Fox, 5.1; Connecticut-Syracuse, ESPN, 0.7; Minnesota-Indiana WNBA, ESPN2, 0.3.

So - cross reference that with the other full listing I put up - and there you have it.

Coast to coast on Friday night,3-4 UConn @ 2-4 Syracuse was tied for the 4th most watched cable program on television - three hours long.

I don't think Mike Aresco is in bad shape at all.

Reaction Score
Looking at this:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...t-princes-aqua-teen-hunger-force-more/154119/

I really don't know if the OP was a negative or positive thing.

I don't see the game listed here - but if it was a 0.7 national rating - that would tie the game for 4th most watched cable program on Friday night. That would actually be pretty shocking if true, don't you think? 3-4 UConn vs. 2-4 Syracuse?

I would have thought it would be much lower than that.

The overnight rating was a 0.7...looks like it nosedived to a 0.3 in the final rating...not sure if the blowout in the 2nd half affected it. It was a fairly boring game. A 0.7 overnight was actually pretty good...better than I expected.

As to Carl's question: A home town college team (Houston) only draws a 0.13 on a RSN...contrast it with a HS FB on another RSN in Houston featuring two DFW area teams drew a 0.11 at the same time. Draw your own conclusion.

Reaction Score
Oregon @ Arizona St on thursday night - drew a 0.8.

Alabama @ Tennesse on Saturday drew a 0.9

Reaction Score
The overnight rating was a 0.7...looks like it nosedived to a 0.3 in the final rating...not sure if the blowout in the 2nd half affected it. It was a fairly boring game. A 0.7 overnight was actually pretty good...better than I expected.

As to Carl's question: A home town college team (Houston) only draws a 0.13 on a RSN...contrast it with a HS FB on another RSN in Houston featuring two DFW area teams drew a 0.11 at the same time. Draw your own conclusion.

Well, UConn @ Syracuse on Friday did 0.4 in Houston.

as much as I don't like Friday nights, we may end up playing fridays in the future. if that's whre the big bucks come, i guess i gotta swallow that pill.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2...s-cowboys-high-school-uh-comparisons-of-note/

And here are the weekend numbers for Houston:

Thursday: Houston-SMU, FSS, 0.13; Hurt Bell-Euless Trinity, CSNH, 0.11; Oregon-Arizona State, ESPN, 0.8; Celtics-Nets, TNT, 0.5.

Friday: Giants-Cardinals 5, Ch. 26, 1.6; Connecticut-Syracuse, ESPN, 0.4; Minnesota-Indiana WNBA, ESPN2, 0.4.

Reaction Score
Don't know much about TV and ratings, but if you are the only game on Friday night on ESPN, do they factor in every bar/pub/restaurant in the country which is most likely showing that game because there is nothing else on. This scares me even more about that particular game and being even more embarassed because the game was over at the half with PP's blank stare all second half. Ugggggggh, this year can't end fast enough.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many big east fans, in CT, may have tuned into a Houston v. SMU game in October 2013, as the big east conference sorting itself out?

you all need to have a little bit of foresight. THe goal is to generate NEW viewership - in NEW areas of the country, not try to capitalize on minimal ratings.

Reaction Score
Thursday night is dead for the Big Boy College Football Teams...getting killed by the NFL Network. Friday is going to a boon for schools Cuse and UConn in the future years. Most SEC/B12/B10/ACC schools can't play on Fridays for political reasons.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A Big East game between two unwatchable teams that turned into a blowout got a respectable rating. Aresco has plenty of ammo for his TV negotiations.

Basically every NNBE team is more fun to watch than UConn, and most are better too. For all our mockery of SDSU, they will draw better than UConn once they join the Big East.

Reaction Score
Gee, I can't wait to the see the number for Pitt at Rent 11/9.

seriously, these Friday night games are free national advertising for your program. Right now we're looking at a pretty bad optic. Lots of empty seats and no buzz in stadium if coaching duties status quo remains the same. Nobody even needs to be fired (yet). Just some announcement that there's going to be a change in either person calling plays or Foley going back to coaching the line. Something. . anything .. . .

Reaction Score
I wonder how many big east fans, in CT, may have tuned into a Houston v. SMU game in October 2013, as the big east conference sorting itself out?

you all need to have a little bit of foresight. THe goal is to generate NEW viewership - in NEW areas of the country, not try to capitalize on minimal ratings.

You are missing the obvious point: No one in Houston gives a about the Cougars unless they are playing a B12 school or in a championship. Big East teams are not going to change that.

Reaction Score
Thursday night is dead for the Big Boy College Football Teams...getting killed by the NFL Network. Friday is going to a boon for schools Cuse and UConn in the future years. Most SEC/B12/B10/ACC schools can't play on Fridays for political reasons.

I told people that would happen on the other board and was told I was nuts. NFL on thursday is already killing thursday night college football. I don't like Fridays, but I think we're probably going to be having Big East football friday nights in the future.

Reaction Score
Gee, I can't wait to the see the number for Pitt at Rent 11/9.

seriously, these Friday night games are free national advertising for your program. Right now we're looking at a pretty bad optic. Lots of empty seats and no buzz in stadium if coaching duties status quo remains the same. Nobody even needs to be fired (yet). Just some announcement that there's going to be a change in either person calling plays or Foley going back to coaching the line. Something. . anything .. . .
As the saying goes Ruskin you ask for so little and boy do you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom