UConn stats... top 10 from first 3 games | The Boneyard

UConn stats... top 10 from first 3 games

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConn's first three games have had something for every fan. High scoring (102 pts vs Dayton), defensive gem (held Maryland to 48 pts) and Paige on fire offensively (51 pts in last two games). Here are some other top stats, in no particular order. These are for 3 games, unless noted.

1. The three freshman (KK, Ashlynn & Qadence) have scored 63 points, grabbed 16 rebounds, delivered16 assists and purloined 10 steals. They are shooting a combined 54.5% on 24-44.
2. Paige is 24-42 or 57% from the field, including 57% (4-7) from three point range. She is 2nd in steals (8), 3rd in rebounds (15) and 3rd in assists (8).
3. Nika is shooting 50% from three range (3-6) and leads the team with 16 assists. She is 4th in rebounds with 11.
4. Minutes played are way down for the starters. Paige is at 27 minutes per game, Nika is at 26.7 per and Aaliyah is at 31 per game. Aubrey's at 18.7 minutes per.
5. In the Maryland game, the Terps had 15 baskets and 27 turnovers. They had as many shots blocked (9) as assists (9). Great defense by the Huskies.

6. One of the three freshmen has scored in double figures in each game. Q with 11 vs Dayton, Q again with 14 vs NC State and KK with 12 against Maryland.
7. Despite going 0-3 from three point range last night, Qadence is still 7-16 or 43.8% from 3 pt range.
8. If you combine Nika and KK stats as point guards, they have scored 41 points (13.6 average/game), dished 29 assists (9.6 avg.) and grabbed 16 rebounds (3.2 avg.)
9. UConn is averaging 87.6 points per game, 263 points total. Last year they averaged 75 pts per game.
10. Every player has seen game action and 10 players are averaging 10 or more minutes per game. The 3 frosh (KK, Q and Ash) are at 19.7 per game, 16.3 per game and 15.5 per game.

Odd stats bonus: Nika has tried only 1 free throw & also has only 1 turnover in the three games.

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When you look at stats the truth is revealed. Nothing on your fantastic recap surprised me but it did make me wonder a little if Geno looks at stats or goes by what his eyes tell him from practice? I love this team but I sure would like to see them develop Amari enough to where she can play when one of the bigs need a minute or two on the bench. I also think they may need more size against a couple match ups on the schedule.

To me the one thing that is obvious looking at the stats is that Azzi is not comfortable being the first option on the offense.

Reaction Score
When you look at stats the truth is revealed. Nothing on your fantastic recap surprised me but it did make me wonder a little if Geno looks at stats or goes by what his eyes tell him from practice? I love this team but I sure would like to see them develop Amari enough to where she can play when one of the bigs need a minute or two on the bench. I also think they may need more size against a couple match ups on the schedule.

To me the one thing that is obvious looking at the stats is that Azzi is not comfortable being the first option on the offense.
I know from your posts that you have a high basketball IQ. So, do you seriously think Geno and staff haven't tried their level best to develop Amari into a player they are comfortable playing against the opposition's best? She's been here three (3) years.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn's first three games have had something for every fan. High scoring (102 pts vs Dayton), defensive gem (held Maryland to 48 pts) and Paige on fire offensively (51 pts in last two games). Here are some other top stats, in no particular order. These are for 3 games, unless noted.

1. The three freshman (KK, Ashlynn & Qadence) have scored 63 points, grabbed 16 rebounds, delivered16 assists and purloined 10 steals. They are shooting a combined 54.5% on 24-44.
2. Paige is 24-42 or 57% from the field, including 57% (4-7) from three point range. She is 2nd in steals (8), 3rd in rebounds (15) and 3rd in assists (8).
3. Nika is shooting 50% from three range (3-6) and leads the team with 16 assists. She is 4th in rebounds with 11.
4. Minutes played are way down for the starters. Paige is at 27 minutes per game, Nika is at 26.7 per and Aaliyah is at 31 per game. Aubrey's at 18.7 minutes per.
5. In the Maryland game, the Terps had 15 baskets and 27 turnovers. They had as many shots blocked (9) as assists (9). Great defense by the Huskies.

6. One of the three freshmen has scored in double figures in each game. Q with 11 vs Dayton, Q again with 14 vs NC State and KK with 12 against Maryland.
7. Despite going 0-3 from three point range last night, Qadence is still 7-16 or 43.8% from 3 pt range.
8. If you combine Nika and KK stats as point guards, they have scored 41 points (13.6 average/game), dished 29 assists (9.6 avg.) and grabbed 16 rebounds (3.2 avg.)
9. UConn is averaging 87.6 points per game, 263 points total. Last year they averaged 75 pts per game.
10. Every player has seen game action and 10 players are averaging 10 or more minutes per game. The 3 frosh (KK, Q and Ash) are at 19.7 per game, 16.3 per game and 15.5 per game.

Odd stats bonus: Nika has tried only 1 free throw & also has only 1 turnover in the three games.

Go Huskies..!!
Great post but I would like to note that on the Freshman scoring, it should state that the 3 Freshman have scored in double figures at least once in the first three games. Q in the first two games, with 11 vs Dayton and 14 against NC State. While both KK with 12 and Ash with 10 in the third against Maryland.

On the odd stats bonus, I think the refs hate Nika because she gets hit a lot and they let it go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amari is Amari. 6-6 is hard to teach. Is that height needed--you bet. A personal belief: Basketball players at this level know the game, it's simple put the ball in the hole OR stop the other team from putting it in the hole more times than you. Simple!

Reaction Score
Amari is Amari. 6-6 is hard to teach. Is that height needed--you bet. A personal belief: Basketball players at this level know the game, it's simple put the ball in the hole OR stop the other team from putting it in the hole more times than you. Simple!
I know you must be joking? Basketball players at this level got here because they showed they had talent at the high school level. But, this is so far beyond high school and height alone doesn't equate to talent and better yet desire. I believe the latter is key in this case. I wish it wasn't because Amari appears to be such a sweet person and great teammate.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Like Diane Franklin telling John Cusak how to ski from the high mountain in “Better Off Dead”: Go that way, really really fast. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom